X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Probably the worst first half of the Joe era. They weren't ready for this game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The downside of these national tournaments ... there's like 8 people in that big arena right now for the Ferris State game.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    A couple bombshells in the Gazette today.

Dante and Cobo are both pretty banged up it sounds like.

Cobo has tendinitis in his right knee and it said he's practiced about two hours so far this year -- but looked very strong in the scrimmage. Joe said Cobo may only play in games this year and not practice.

Dante has a 'slight tear' in the meniscus in his right knee but will forgo surgery. The article stated he will count on rehab and lots of ice to get him through the season.

* Joe also said Cobo, Danielak and Brandwijk will start. Assume the other two are Dante and Glover. Big lineup. That brings Hutton and Malik off the bench.

* Jalen Vaughns has been identified as the 8th man but that may change as he settles in

* Sounds as if Foster and Keyes 'may' redshirt. I assume the 'may' part of Keyes is how Cobo holds up.

* Joe called this weekend the two toughest teams IUP has ever stared off with in its basketball history
    Having only stretched my meniscus, I cannot conceive of running, jumping or doing ANY of the extreme stops, starts and turns required to play BB effectively at this level. Good luck to him, but I hope his drive to play doesn't end his outstanding career.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

A couple bombshells in the Gazette today.

Dante and Cobo are both pretty banged up it sounds like.

Cobo has tendinitis in his right knee and it said he's practiced about two hours so far this year -- but looked very strong in the scrimmage. Joe said Cobo may only play in games this year and not practice.

Dante has a 'slight tear' in the meniscus in his right knee but will forgo surgery. The article stated he will count on rehab and lots of ice to get him through the season.

* Joe also said Cobo, Danielak and Brandwijk will start. Assume the other two are Dante and Glover. Big lineup. That brings Hutton and Malik off the bench.

* Jalen Vaughns has been identified as the 8th man but that may change as he settles in

* Sounds as if Foster and Keyes 'may' redshirt. I assume the 'may' part of Keyes is how Cobo holds up.

* Joe called this weekend the two toughest teams IUP has ever stared off with in its basketball history

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Final 108-40.

Megan Smith didn't play. Not that ... you know. Just saying.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Iup women down 60-22 at halftime

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The ladies play Notre Dame tonight in South Bend.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Did anybody pop in to the men's 'public' scrimmage prior to the football game this past Saturday?
    Didn't know they had one. Was it intrasquad?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Did anybody pop in to the men's 'public' scrimmage prior to the football game this past Saturday?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

If any of you don't read the West Liberty thread click on it tonight. There is a link to donate to one of their players, Brady Arnold (who was diagnosed with cancer). If you can ...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Hankins and Sleva are very similar players. Their post moves and athleticism are identical. I don't think Hankins shoots outside much like Sleva does ...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/landing/index

Ferris State vs. Michigan Stage highlights ... cool video.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

These are not exhibitions and will count in the regular season record. As for the 'out of region' question: It is my understanding they will count toward the regional rankings as the teams they are playing are in leagues which have teams bordering our region/state.

I believe this was a key factor in determining who played who in this event. The pairings had a distinct geographical pattern.

Joe's always been a big believer in playing a very tough first half. Had he played a patsy last year in December instead of Fairmont ... he may have (probably) hosted the Regional. I have a mixed opinion on it (not that my opinion means anything). The schedule this year is a bit extreme. The 'Preseason No. 3' could very easily start the season 0-2. Or, they go out there and win. It's a risk. If anything it's a giant SOS boost later down the road.

On top of these two games they have a very strong Virginia State coming in very early, a trip to Bowie, Fairmont State, ... I don't know what to expect the record will be by XMAS.
    I do think one loss in this early season slugfest is worth it bc of the boost in Schedule Strength...that bump never goes away all year.. the narrative will be look at the schedule they played...I think more and more post season committees use that stronger criteria from D1 hoop tourney to Final 4 in College football....may not be as big a bump with D2...but it will help..

I'd love it if WL had the chance to get a bump like that...and more importantly, it shows the coach how "for real" the team is Day one...no guess work..and you know what you need to work on...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

These are not exhibitions and will count in the regular season record. As for the 'out of region' question: It is my understanding they will count toward the regional rankings as the teams they are playing are in leagues which have teams bordering our region/state.

I believe this was a key factor in determining who played who in this event. The pairings had a distinct geographical pattern.

Joe's always been a big believer in playing a very tough first half. Had he played a patsy last year in December instead of Fairmont ... he may have (probably) hosted the Regional. I have a mixed opinion on it (not that my opinion means anything). The schedule this year is a bit extreme. The 'Preseason No. 3' could very easily start the season 0-2. Or, they go out there and win. It's a risk. If anything it's a giant SOS boost later down the road.

On top of these two games they have a very strong Virginia State coming in very early, a trip to Bowie, Fairmont State, ... I don't know what to expect the record will be by XMAS.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Are you sure theses games count towards regional rankings. It's hard to believe joe would agree to play two elite teams that could jeopardize post season home court. My guess is these games are meant to showcase d2 talent without any team getting screwed long term. I might be wrong though.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X