Clear All

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    WOMEN'S FINAL

IUP 73
    Pitt 68
    Holy. Crap. Meanwhile, in the Mon Valley, there might as well be a state of panic because, exhibition or not, IUP might be the best women's team in the PSAC West this season...

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied

I attended the IUP - Pitt women's game. Tom played quite a few ladies, I'm not sure of the minutes breakdown. He kept the same nucleus for much of it and slowed the game down on offense when his squad needed to catch their breath. I liked his coaching.

IUP just out hustled Pitt. IUP did so many little things well both on offense and defense. If IUP plays that same way every game they win the National Title. Which may be the only concern, hopefully they won't peak too early.

In fairness to Pitt their best senior didn't play along with 2 other girls who I didn't recognize but did not warmup either. Then their 2 best active players were in foul trouble most of the game. But they were in foul trouble based on IUP playing aggressive and taking the game to them. Great win for IUP.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Edinboro women's basketball beat division 1 st bonaventure over the weekend. Psac women's basketball looks pretty strong.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The Pitt message boards are a riot ... they make the IUP football faithful seem calm.

IUP beat the Pitt women and Slippery Rock gave the men all they could handle for 38.5 minutes.

My guess is that was Tom's swan song at The Pete. He's never being invited back again.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Originally posted by iupalum View Post
    this women's team has a lot of potential!
    very impressive !!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

This women's team has a lot of potential!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

WOMEN'S FINAL

IUP 73
    Pitt 68

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP women leading Pitt 55-53 with 8 mins left

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The ladies play at Pitt today at 2pm.

Hopefully Megan Smith will play today.

I also saw sophomore PG Madison Kerr is injured.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Per the Gazette he aggravated his knee injury. Joe said he is 'tentative' for next weekend.

I assume this may happen to him frequently with that injury. Tough kid to play through that ...

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Ferris 86 IUP 82 Final

Dante with what looks like a bad injury late in game. May be a knee. Didn't look good.
    Uh, your report on Thursday per Gazette "Dante has a 'slight tear' in the meniscus in his right knee but will forego surgery." Guess that surgery might take place which is a shame, but better now than later.

/

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

0-2 start is sure a downer though. I think they'll be okay, but still.

It's great to play huge games, but if you lose most of them, and that piles up losses, that's enough to keep teams on the couch in March. They'll be okay though.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Lost in the shuffle is they played pretty good today. That's a real strong Ferris team. IUP was one man short off the bench. Hmmmmm.

Night and day from yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Rock giving Pitt all it can handle. Pitt is going to be AWFUL this year in the ACC.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

The difference was the interior D. I don't understand the Keyes move either. UGH!!!

Play Keyes and put Hutton on the bench!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X