• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Re: PSAC WEST

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    Gannon Athletics tweeted that they made it to Stroudsburg (either the hotel or arena) at 8:30 this morning. I don't think that the info that they made it to the hotel at 11 was correct.

Games are now at 7 and 9.

This is one reason that I don't care for the Saturday / Sunday format. It provides zero margin for error for travel issues as NCAA mandates that things need to be wrapped up by Sunday evening.
    As of an hour ago, Edinboro still didn't have a replacement bus and that was tweeted from Edinboro Athletics.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    No clue, I've had no contact and probably won't now.
    Gannon Athletics tweeted that they made it to Stroudsburg (either the hotel or arena) at 8:30 this morning. I don't think that the info that they made it to the hotel at 11 was correct.

Games are now at 7 and 9.

This is one reason that I don't care for the Saturday / Sunday format. It provides zero margin for error for travel issues as NCAA mandates that things need to be wrapped up by Sunday evening.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

No clue, I've had no contact and probably won't now.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

What time did Edinboro finally make it to ESU?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

As of 9pm Gannon hadn't even made it to the hotel then the bus was turning around and back tracking to get the Boro. No clue how far back they were from ESU. I do know they were about an hour behind Gannon when the bus broke down. Boro will be arriving very late.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Reilly has always been a class act.
    Absolutely.

PSAC just announced that games are moved back to 5 pm (GU / Ship) and 7 pm (Boro / Stroud). Finals are Sunday at 5 pm.

I am told that neither Gannon nor Edinboro were able to practice today.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Reilly has always been a class act.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Classy move by GU.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Trouble for the West teams. The weather blows as they are traveling to the Poconos. The Boro bus broke down on the way. Gannon is dropping the boys off at the hotel and going back to pick up team Boro. This makes for a tough night.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    That all depends on if they can score 72 points, which, as we've seen far too often, isn't necessarily a guarantee...
    The Knights have scored 70 or more points in 8 of the last 10 games. One of the two sub-70 games was in a win at Mercy where nobody scores. And the other was a respectable 66 points at IUP.

That said, there is always an offense egg-laying waiting to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    The PSAC is basically the NHL of D2 sports: quality teams, but incompetent league leadership. Keep in mind that this is the same league that's at least 2-3 years late in getting into the league-wide streaming game, the same league which apparently doesn't believe in soliciting corporate sponsorship for any of it's championships or, for that matter, league accolades (as is happening with other conferences), the same league which seems to defer to the coaches' and their sometimes self-serving interests instead of the league and the student-athletes as a whole, the same league that can't seem to promote their top football and basketball programs across the state (SportsFever for football is a joke, to be honest, and why wait until late in the season to strike a deal with PCN?) ... need I go on?
    I think we're more like the MAC. Solid conference with some history on the national stage but in recent years we've been hampered by our comparative lack of resources. Every year there's a team that stands out but doesn't have much of a chance to win a championship. At least we have a full playoff to give them that chance.

I agree with your criticism of the league office. I appreciate the app but I'd like to see games also available on ESPN3. The NEC does this very well.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    Ship is kinda living on name & brand, and Sleva. Don't dare underestimate Gannon. If they keep it under 72 points, they can play with anyone.
    That all depends on if they can score 72 points, which, as we've seen far too often, isn't necessarily a guarantee...

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

We take pride in being the biggest league in the NCAA, yet they function like a YMCA rec league. I've not seen the SHU/ Glover stuff, I'd just like an official definition of "probation". I'd be thrilled to have a league office that functioned with transparency, and the best interest of the league. Don't get me started on the Clarion football schedule again, this conference is so good, fun, competitive, and bush league all at the same time
    The PSAC is basically the NHL of D2 sports: quality teams, but incompetent league leadership. Keep in mind that this is the same league that's at least 2-3 years late in getting into the league-wide streaming game, the same league which apparently doesn't believe in soliciting corporate sponsorship for any of it's championships or, for that matter, league accolades (as is happening with other conferences), the same league which seems to defer to the coaches' and their sometimes self-serving interests instead of the league and the student-athletes as a whole, the same league that can't seem to promote their top football and basketball programs across the state (SportsFever for football is a joke, to be honest, and why wait until late in the season to strike a deal with PCN?) ... need I go on?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Ship is kinda living on name & brand, and Sleva. Don't dare underestimate Gannon. If they keep it under 72 points, they can play with anyone.
    That's the whole key. Gotta get Sleva in foul trouble.

It won't be a blowout like the first time they played but it's going to take a heck of a Gannon fight to beat them.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Count me as surprised that Boro handled IUP so easily. That was the going thought at the Hammermill.

Great rebounding by Gannon ... ruling the boards for a 77-70 win, despite 6 Rock 3's in the last two or so minutes. Not a great shooting night for Gannon, but they collected 16 offensive rebounds. They forced Rock into 17 turnovers.

Gannon is historically dreadful away from home in postseason games, including never winning a true road game (0-10) in the postseason. Pretty amazing. Hope these can turn around. Hoping for an all-Erie county PSAC final (though it likely won't happen).

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X