Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Officials didn't lose control at the end. They had zero control the whole game which is why that mess ended up happening. Palek, Collins, Omojafo and Hobbs were douche rags the whole game. It just finally boiled over at the end.
    They lost control midway thru the first half. Both coaches were unhappy. But it wasn't just Palek and Collins. I saw Hall with two different nut shots during the game, one on Omajafo and one on Anderson, during 2nd half.

I absolutely agree Hobbs can be a liability. He hot dogs like he's hitting 7 3s a game of and makes me nuts. And Omajafo has a chip from last season for sure. But that Cal team behaves like they have multiple Nattys and deserve every call.

It was a tense and back and forth game. I think Fee continues to learn to never back down. I thought he got that from the SRU game but after tonight, I hope there are a few end of game layups to close out our next win v Cal.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post

They lost control midway thru the first half. Both coaches were unhappy. But it wasn't just Palek and Collins. I saw Hall with two different nut shots during the game, one on Omajafo and one on Anderson, during 2nd half.

I absolutely agree Hobbs can be a liability. He hot dogs like he's hitting 7 3s a game of and makes me nuts. And Omajafo has a chip from last season for sure. But that Cal team behaves like they have multiple Nattys and deserve every call.

It was a tense and back and forth game. I think Fee continues to learn to never back down. I thought he got that from the SRU game but after tonight, I hope there are a few end of game layups to close out our next win v Cal.
      If I was betting, you'll play Cal two more times.

Comment

• It's like 2014 wbb all over again except better Gannon coach 😂

Comment

That wasn't an easy game to officiate. A lot of banging around and chippiness the whole game. They called a lot of fouls and could have called quite a few more. Like many officials these days, they let the coaches and players chatter too much without getting control of it. A no-class move by the Cal kid at the end of the game, which could very well lay the groundwork for more stuff if the two teams meet again. Whichever crew gets that game had better be prepared to tamp it down quickly.

Also got tired of the guy doing the Gannon stream attempting to referee the game from behind the microphone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

That wasn't an easy game to officiate. A lot of banging around and chippiness the whole game. They called a lot of fouls and could have called quite a few more. Like many officials these days, they let the coaches and players chatter too much without getting control of it. A no-class move by the Cal kid at the end of the game, which could very well lay the groundwork for more stuff if the two teams meet again. Whichever crew gets that game had better be prepared to tamp it down quickly.

Also got tired of the guy doing the Gannon stream attempting to referee the game from behind the microphone.
            The guy behind the stream is awful. I don't listen during games, just watch, most of the Time. But you lucked into not hear them kid who also dies they games, clearly knows little basketball and just yells doing pbp. He's an embarrassment. Add into it awful camera work and we missed multiple events from slow camera moves and I wouldn't trust anything

And you're right, it was a difficult game, super physical. Head of officials would have expected that heading into it especially after r1. You could tell they picked more fit guys, but it seemed emotions were literally high everywhere. There were a few blatant calls in h2 that I thought were consistently missed by younger official, not one sided but there seemed a bias.

Sancomb is notoriously whiny and I think Fee has shades of very strong reactions. We've seen him loses this cool once before and get a T, in the Millersville loss. I thought both could have been last night tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Palek played the role of moron. Ejected.
              Biggest jerk in the league, and I’m using family friendly terminology. Why referees let him (or others) run their mouths and question every call is beyond me. T him up right out of the gate to send the message. Maybe that will help. He’s a punk and Danny lets him get away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Biggest jerk in the league, and I’m using family friendly terminology. Why referees let him (or others) run their mouths and question every call is beyond me. T him up right out of the gate to send the message. Maybe that will help. He’s a punk and Danny lets him get away with it.
                Best part of the little brawl was Palek flopping (during it). He may have got grazed (at best) and fell down like Tyson hit him.

I believe a second half ejection means you're suspended the following game. It all goes back to that rediculous steal and dunk while Gannon was trying to just run out the final seconds.

That type of play will never not have a dust-up (on any level). I'm sure Collins had quite the interesting ride home with Danny.

Something similar happened at a Lock Haven game last year but I can't remember who they were playing.

Cal and Gannon both have legitimate Region hopes. They can't be doing this stupid crap.
                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-05-2024, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Updated MEN'S Standings

-
                  TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                  Gannon 13-2 19-2 W8
                  California 12-3 18-3 L1
                  IUP 11-3 14-6 W1
                  Slippery Rock 9-6 11-10 W3
                  Seton Hill 7-8 12-9 L2
                  Mercyhurst 7-8 11-12 W1
                  Edinboro 5-10 6-15 W1
                  Clarion 4-11 6-15 L7
                  Pitt-Johnstown 3-12 5-16 L9

Comment

• Updated Women's Standings:

-
                    TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                    Gannon 15-0 23-1 W20
                    IUP 11-3 15-4 W4
                    Mercyhurst 10-5 14-7 L1
                    Edinboro 10-5 12-8 W3
                    California 9-6 14-7 L3
                    Seton Hill 9-6 12-9 W1
                    Pitt-Johnstown 8-7 13-8 W1
                    Slippery Rock 2-13 2-16 L4
                    Clarion 0-15 0-21 L21

Comment

Best part of the little brawl was Palek flopping (during it). He may have got grazed (at best) and fell down like Tyson hit him.

I believe a second half ejection means you're suspended the following game. It all goes back to that rediculous steal and dunk while Gannon was trying to just run out the final seconds.

That type of play will never not have a dust-up (on any level). I'm sure Collins had quite the interesting ride home with Danny.

Something similar happened at a Lock Haven game last year but I can't remember who they were playing.

Cal and Gannon both have legitimate Region hopes. They can't be doing this stupid crap.
                      Wait, did I miss our pbp doofus on the techs and ejection? He was waxing idiot so I returned to mute lol. Why did Cal get 2 FTs for a tech but GU didn't?

It's good to know Palek is as ridiculous as he seemed. He got into it during their last game from the bench. As did KJ and Josh. Lots of jawing. Explains a bit more that it isn't just these teams alone. I avoid watching Cal mens team for some reason, find them super cocky for a team that's not done anything special. And I say that as someone annoyed with Hobbs for his jawing all season.

Comment

Wait, did I miss our pbp doofus on the techs and ejection? He was waxing idiot so I returned to mute lol. Why did Cal get 2 FTs for a tech but GU didn't?

It's good to know Palek is as ridiculous as he seemed. He got into it during their last game from the bench. As did KJ and Josh. Lots of jawing. Explains a bit more that it isn't just these teams alone. I avoid watching Cal mens team for some reason, find them super cocky for a team that's not done anything special. And I say that as someone annoyed with Hobbs for his jawing all season.
                        Likeable or not, Cal is a very good team. I'd guess Cal and Gannon play again. That's my pick for the PSAC title game. The West hosts this year. Both won their home game.

I don't really see either losing the rest of the regular season but you never know.

Being honest, I kind of have a feeling they will not only play one more time but I think there will be a Round 4 (when the stakes are much higher). That happened two years ago when IUP went 4-0 vs Cal in one season.

Comment

Likeable or not, Cal is a very good team. I'd guess Cal and Gannon play again. That's my pick for the PSAC title game. The West hosts this year. Both won their home game.

I don't really see either losing the rest of the regular season but you never know.

Being honest, I kind of have a feeling they will not only play one more time but I think there will be a Round 4 (when the stakes are much higher). That happened two years ago when IUP went 4-0 vs Cal in one season.
                          Oh cal is absolutely a great team, please don't get me wrong. They're a talented crew.

And yes, the committee LOVES to ensure a rematch. Same with Gannon WBB and Edinboro in 2014 and Gannon WBB and Cal WBB in 2013 when Gannon went to EE.

This goes to my biggest frustration with the d2 playoff model that neither D1 nor D3 leverage. I wish we did something closer to the D3 playoffs. I'd love to not have to see the same gd team again in round of 32 or 16 if we could. It's so **** that these talented kids have to beat each other up first before heading out of region.

Comment

• https://www.goerie.com/story/news/lo...e/72448867007/

Wonder how much they settled for. Pretty bush league move by Gannon if you ask me, but the change in results speaks for itself.

Comment

• Rumor was 1 year salary, so around 107k.

Their argument was as embarrassing a bad faith argument as it comes. I didn't think he was awful. Obviously enjoying where we are, but still am pissed as our feckless AD for loads of BS.

Comment

• Former UPJ guard Andrew Shull visited West Liberty over the weekend. He's from near Charleston so I'd say pretty good odds he lands in the MEC.

No idea what happened at UPJ. He left the team several weeks ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X