• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: PSAC WEST

What are a few seconds worth?

Edinboro has now lost four games in the final seconds. Literally. The Fighting Scots have lost to Gannon (0.4 seconds left), Kutztown (0.8 seconds), IUP (1.7 seconds) and Mercyhurst (13.2 seconds). Four defeats in 16.1 combined seconds of clock.

Conversely, IUP has won four games in the final seconds. The Crimson Hawks defeated Bloomsburg as time ran out, in addition to Edinboro, Slippery Rock and Mercyhurst.

No team has lost more close games this year than UPJ. It's a dubious mark but the Mountain Cats may lead the country in losses under 4 points.

UPJ has too many losses for an at-large bid. At 8 losses, Edinboro is holding on for dear life -- not only needing to win out but also get some help.

A couple seconds of better fortune and both have a much different outlook. Both are capable of making a big run in the PSAC Tournament. Nobody would be in a hurry to play either of them.

It would be very ironic if they play in the first round -- and it's certainly possible (perhaps probable at this point). Odds are it would come down to the final seconds. Naturally.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-12-2018, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Updated (Men's) PSAC West Standings - 2/12/2018

IUP (14-3, 18-6) L1

Slippery Rock (13-6, 19-6) W1

Gannon (12-6, 16-8) W2

Edinboro (11-7, 14-8) L1

Pitt-Johnstown (11-8, 13-10) W3

Mercyhurst (9-9, 12-10) W2

California (5-13, 9-15) L4

Seton Hill (5-14, 8-16) L3

Clarion (0-18, 3-21) L13

IUP, SRU, GU, EU and UPJ have clinched PSAC Tournament berths. Pending something miraculous, Mercyhurst will be the 6th and final seed.

It's certainly possible to see a Gannon/Mercy Round 1 match-up (pending SRU maintains the two spot).

Two big games in the conference tonight:

IUP at Gannon

Shippensburg at Kutztown

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-KSLjfjzfM

Watch zay kick his legs after the block.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    I didn't see a lot of protest on the call. Thought the kid was all over him.
    Go to the Gannon site and look at the video at around 3:58 and you can see a clean block.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
    Terrible call great acting job by zay. He is good at kicking his legs out on jump shots to get calls. Ref fell for it.
    I didn't see a lot of protest on the call. Thought the kid was all over him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

On the ref topic ... I was talking to one the other night ... those guys do some serious travel.

Whatever they get paid ... it isn't enough. That's a tough job.

I guess I've watched far too many games. I can tell what kind of night it will be as soon as I see which crew is working the game.

There's one that despises Lombardi. It's a younger group and one is really 'GQ' ... he's T'd up Joe in his last 2-3 games here. They did the IUP game with East Stroudsburg ... by far the worst crew on the circuit.

Some of the crew ... one in particular ... like to dictate too much. It ruins the game. That illegal screen crap gets worse every week. That's the new de facto call when they need to even things up.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-11-2018, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• VoiceOfReason
    replied

Whether it's football or basketball, the biggest league in all the land comes up short, again, with officiating. I'm not saying, Jackson, bought or sold that foul, but that was a 2001 PSAC West hoop game, fun, high energy, physical, and then that. How does a street fight get settled by that? Terrific game, and kudos to Zay, but I'd have preferred an athlete decide the game, not some guy taking home a $275 determining the outcome. Absolute terrific game, great rivalry, great atmosphere, lousy ending

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Zay got an Oscar nomination.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
    Terrible call great acting job by zay. He is good at kicking his legs out on jump shots to get calls. Ref fell for it.
    Gannon tweeted a clip and you can totally see the lack of a foul. That ref crew kept calling fouls on delay. Didn't see any contact on the shot so my crew plus some Gannon fans sitting nearby thought it was a 1+1 foul and ended the game. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Gannon drains three free throws to win the game. Clutch
    Zay Jackson with 0.4 seconds to go after the Scots took the lead with 4.5 seconds left. Liggins had 29. What a game!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Gannon 72
    Boro 71
    Gannon drains three free throws to win the game. Clutch

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

UPJ, Mercy and Rock all win comfortably.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Gannon 72
    Boro 71

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Not a great slate of games today aside from Edinboro hosting Gannon. The Knights embarrassed the Boro in the first meeting. Payback time. Edinboro has to start fast and push the pace. He who dictates the pace wins this one. Gannon is deeper with better post players. But, guards win. Take the Boro at home in a tight one.

Slippery Rock should beat up Clarion. 'Should' is the key word. SRU was disinterested against Seton Hill and looked pretty bad against Mercyhurst. Hard to say which version shows up today. This a good team when motivated. Take the Rock by 15-20 points.

Mercyhurst at Seton Hill is interesting. Nobody plays well there. The Lakers should win by 8-10 points.

Cal at UPJ ... Round 1 was a really good game. UPJ will either come out beaming with confidence or perhaps be over-confident. Cal may hang around in this one. The Vulcans are long overdue to win one against a quality opponent. It won't happen today but I can see Cal staying close for 25-30 minutes. UPJ likely wins by double digits. On the other hand, if Cal plays its normal terrible defense and lets UPJ shoot in their own gym ... could be a massacre.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X