Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Pitt announced their non-conference schedule yesterday. They have two exhibition games scheduled against the PSAC West: Clarion on October 22 and Edinboro on November 2.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    That might have been true once. Not so much these days.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Former Cal star Phillip Alston got off to a big start with Loyola-Chicago. They played three games in France against professional teams. Alston logged heavy minutes and production in all three games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Former Cal star Phillip Alston got off to a big start with Loyola-Chicago. They played three games in France against professional teams. Alston logged heavy minutes and production in all three games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Hmm news to me. Maybe PSRS is different than PSERS. My wife worked for a school district and had one year of service in the old educators pension. In 2018 she left for a few years and came back to the same school district and had to go into the new system, which is the hybrid pension/403b.
    Then your wife got screwed by the district. I just mentored a new teacher this past year that was grandfathered into the old system. He previously was an assistant coach for 1 year, went to school and began teaching last year. Since he put into the old system as a coach, he was automatically put in the old pension when he started teaching this year.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Hmm news to me. Maybe PSRS is different than PSERS. My wife worked for a school district and had one year of service in the old educators pension. In 2018 she left for a few years and came back to the same school district and had to go into the new system, which is the hybrid pension/403b.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

The state pension for PASSHE employees was changed years ago. Its only a half pension now with the other half a 403b. Its not lucrative. Plus when Reynolds left he loses any seniority he once had. Its a union job so he's back on the bottom of the pile should he ever take a PASSHE job.

Most coaches and staff who expect to move around do the 100% 403b.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    The state pension for PASSHE employees was changed years ago. Its only a half pension now with the other half a 403b. Its not lucrative. Plus when Reynolds left he loses any seniority he once had. Its a union job so he's back on the bottom of the pile should he ever take a PASSHE job.

Most coaches and staff who expect to move around do the 100% 403b.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I suspect we'll see KR back in the PSAC at some point ... perhaps as early as next year.

He's several years removed now from the infamous player revolt. And, let's not forget, he got quite the golden parachute after he left SRU -- 3 years' full pay and benefits. So, they didn't have enough to actually fire him. That was a real 'diva' team that walked out on him, too.

I suspect the Clarion job could open after this season. That would be a fantastic landing spot for KR.

The Gannon job is another that doesn't seem like a good marriage. Jefferson has applied for several jobs since he's been there, and, well, they aren't exactly lighting it up under his watch.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I suspect we'll see KR back in the PSAC at some point ... perhaps as early as next year.

He's several years removed now from the infamous player revolt. And, let's not forget, he got quite the golden parachute after he left SRU -- 3 years' full pay and benefits. So, they didn't have enough to actually fire him. That was a real 'diva' team that walked out on him, too.

I suspect the Clarion job could open after this season. That would be a fantastic landing spot for KR.

The Gannon job is another that doesn't seem like a good marriage. Jefferson has applied for several jobs since he's been there, and, well, they aren't exactly lighting it up under his watch.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Doubtful he'll change.....old dog, new tricks.

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied
    I have it on good authority that Kevin Reynolds is returning to western PA as a head coach.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    SRU women's head coach Bobby McGraw passed away this morning from a heart attack. Lots of respect due for the many phases of his career: USMC, PA state police, 10 years at Slippery Rock.
    R.I.P., Coach McGraw.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    SRU women's head coach Bobby McGraw passed away this morning from a heart attack. Lots of respect due for the many phases of his career: USMC, PA state police, 10 years at Slippery Rock.
    Apparently a man who didn't shy away from hard work....RIP, Coach.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X