• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: PSAC WEST

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I don't think this guy understands what he is getting in to. Just my opinion.
    He'll learn quick when Joe hangs a 45 spread on him in January.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    I saw the tweet ... I hope that he realizes that the video was from 1988. People don't wear their hair that way anymore.
    I don't think this guy understands what he is getting in to. Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

I saw the tweet ... I hope that he realizes that the video was from 1988. People don't wear their hair that way anymore.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Hard to say. That lifestyle isn't easy and probably isn't for everybody. Who knows.

I do know Gary pulls these guys out of the woodwork and they usually fit in to his system well. My guess is this is a highly intelligent player with great discipline ... needed attributes to play in that Triangle and Two defense.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Your quote has a lot of double M connotation to it! hahaha
    LOL ... yeah, I drive to Pittsburgh daily from Indiana. Lots of radio time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Always a bit odd when someone leaves one of the academies. This young man was a major in cyber operations which sounds daunting. He averaged 3.2 ppg and 2.7 rpg in 10 minutes. Now he's attending a private liberal arts college and playing D2 basketball. Can't quite grasp the mindset.

Hard to say. That lifestyle isn't easy and probably isn't for everybody. Who knows.

I do know Gary pulls these guys out of the woodwork and they usually fit in to his system well. My guess is this is a highly intelligent player with great discipline ... needed attributes to play in that Triangle and Two defense.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Your quote has a lot of double M connotation to it! hahaha

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Mercyhurst has signed Navy transfer Daniel Ogele (6'7", 220 lbs). Chicago native.
    Always a bit odd when someone leaves one of the academies. This young man was a major in cyber operations which sounds daunting. He averaged 3.2 ppg and 2.7 rpg in 10 minutes. Now he's attending a private liberal arts college and playing D2 basketball. Can't quite grasp the mindset.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Mercyhurst has signed Navy transfer Daniel Ogele (6'7", 220 lbs). Chicago native.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Great point ... when I a student at Gannon, they had a high-level concert (some big 80s band like Huey Lewis & the News - not kidding) at the Hammermill. The acoustics of the concert were as you might imagine -- dreadful. Thankfully, a new arena (now called Erie Insurance Arena) was shortly built a few blocks down the road and it has been a much more natural home for concerts and many other events for the past few decades.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Seton Hill cast-off Trevor Lecuona has landed at Lock Haven.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    I don't disagree, but it's not necessarily always the "program" wanting the big gym with all the bells and whistles (although the KCAC is the house that Joe built). If location provides the opportunity, a university should want a multi-purpose venue like that. What you should remember is that there have been numerous events that IUP and the Indiana community has brought to the school and town that they otherwise would not have been able to put on if the KCAC wasn't there.

It's tough to bring in a big artist or performer to play in a gym with awful acoustics and 1,500 seats. Cal has obvious attendance issues with basketball, but they have struggled mightily making any use of the Convocation Center (which is actually larger than the KCAC). The problem is that they're too close to Pittsburgh (much closer than IUP). Very few performers are going to come to Cal when they can perform for more money in front of a lot more people if they head 35 minutes up the road.

The same story with West Liberty. It's not really feasible for them to build a venue like that when the city of Wheeling has an 8,000 or so seat arena that the Nailers play in.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Nor do I want them to even consider building a big on-campus arena. Love the ARSC and all it brings to the game...perfect size that rocks when the students are in town. Quite the home court advantage (lost four games over the last 5 years there) which is REALLY what you want in a home court!

There are some small things they can do to improve, but no need or desire to build an 8000 seat auditorium!
    I'm with you IUP24 ad Boat. Much higher priority is to upgrade the dorms to modern standards to be more competitive with other schools for students and athletes!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    I don't disagree, but it's not necessarily always the "program" wanting the big gym with all the bells and whistles (although the KCAC is the house that Joe built). If location provides the opportunity, a university should want a multi-purpose venue like that. What you should remember is that there have been numerous events that IUP and the Indiana community has brought to the school and town that they otherwise would not have been able to put on if the KCAC wasn't there.

It's tough to bring in a big artist or performer to play in a gym with awful acoustics and 1,500 seats. Cal has obvious attendance issues with basketball, but they have struggled mightily making any use of the Convocation Center (which is actually larger than the KCAC). The problem is that they're too close to Pittsburgh (much closer than IUP). Very few performers are going to come to Cal when they can perform for more money in front of a lot more people if they head 35 minutes up the road.

The same story with West Liberty. It's not really feasible for them to build a venue like that when the city of Wheeling has an 8,000 or so seat arena that the Nailers play in.
    Nor do I want them to even consider building a big on-campus arena. Love the ARSC and all it brings to the game...perfect size that rocks when the students are in town. Quite the home court advantage (lost four games over the last 5 years there) which is REALLY what you want in a home court!

There are some small things they can do to improve, but no need or desire to build an 8000 seat auditorium!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X