• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Re: PSAC WEST

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Slippery Rock signed Mars PG Brandon Caruso.
    He's descent but not a ready to play guy. He'll need training!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Slippery Rock signed Mars PG Brandon Caruso.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by Hurst72 View Post
    Mercyhurst announced a long term extension with Manchel today and a major gift for the MAC for upcoming renovations.
    The MAC will always be a dump! There is no fixing that terrible structure! Manchel is still a crybaby!!!

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

If you look at his track record there they have some big 'ups' and then typically come back down. The whole thing with that system is the chemistry and getting the right guys to buy in to it at the same time -- often a difficult task.

This year he found Massey and Patrick Smith in the same class. He hit the jackpot. They're both gone now (Thank God).
    Mercyhurst has been more consistent over the past 10 years than has Gannon. Manchel is a good rep for the school. He earned that extension. Good for him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Well, they got hot at the end of the year, too probably played NWMSU as tough as anyone.
    Funny to think the game in Erie ... Joe hung 47 on them in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

If you look at his track record there they have some big 'ups' and then typically come back down. The whole thing with that system is the chemistry and getting the right guys to buy in to it at the same time -- often a difficult task.

This year he found Massey and Patrick Smith in the same class. He hit the jackpot. They're both gone now (Thank God).
    Well, they got hot at the end of the year, too probably played NWMSU as tough as anyone.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    I'm not a fan of that style of basketball, but he's built a good program there playing/coaching/recruiting it. I hope they continue their upward trajectory, not at the expense of IUP obviously, but it's good for the league when more teams are good.

Should he continue to get "guys" like he had with Massey this year, they'll be good for a while. I don't know much about what he has coming back around next season, however. They'll probably take a step back to build it back up.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Was it a crate of dynamite ?

LOL. Just kidding. But, not really.

That's good for Gary. He's earned it.
    I'm not a fan of that style of basketball, but he's built a good program there playing/coaching/recruiting it. I hope they continue their upward trajectory, not at the expense of IUP obviously, but it's good for the league when more teams are good.

Should he continue to get "guys" like he had with Massey this year, they'll be good for a while. I don't know much about what he has coming back around next season, however. They'll probably take a step back to build it back up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by Hurst72 View Post
    Mercyhurst announced a long term extension with Manchel today and a major gift for the MAC for upcoming renovations.

Was it a crate of dynamite ?

LOL. Just kidding. But, not really.

That's good for Gary. He's earned it.

Leave a comment:

• Hurst72
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Two job openings in the same off-season -- fairly rare in the West.

Any rumors about either the Gannon or Clarion jobs?

You'd surely think any good AD already had some candidates in mind prior to firing the coaches.

John Reilly to Clarion is an obvious thought. If he's interested it would be a no-brainer for Clarion.

Don't rule out the IUP24 campain of #FreeKevinReynolds.

Needless to say the calendar isn't doing either program any favors right now. Clarion just had one of its best players enter the transfer portal. Just a guess but we'll see some Gannon players leaving in the coming days.
    #FreeKevinReynolds

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    You sure?

He got a 'full' buyout of his contract ... a golden, three-year parachute. It couldn't have been too serious. If they had anything to pin on him they would have.

It was a giant witch hunt.

#FreeKevinReynolds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by PSACBBALL16 View Post
    Kevin Reynolds did turn the SRU program around. There's no denying that. Whatever he did there must've been serious. It's not hard to recruit if your coach really cares about it. Players will come to Clarion with the right coach at the helm. They can't miss on this one this time lol.

Haters gonna hate.

#FreeKevinReynolds

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Clarion just needs to quit dumping money into the trash wrestling program and put some in other sports. 3 basketball scholarships is absurd!!!

The answer for Clarion is sitting on the couch right now.

#FreeKevinReynolds

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X