X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Tell that to their **** AD. Goerie.com had an article praising that ***** last week. She stated that they are first in the Dixon Trophy to back what a great job she’s going. Laughable! She’s responsible for turning a region power men’s basketball team into the laughing stock of the region.
    IUP would be killing it if the ladies outside of basketball picked up the pace. The men are always first in the Pee Sack points.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

There goes their Dixon Trophy!
    Tell that to their **** AD. Goerie.com had an article praising that ***** last week. She stated that they are first in the Dixon Trophy to back what a great job she’s going. Laughable! She’s responsible for turning a region power men’s basketball team into the laughing stock of the region.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Not lost on me. And yet, I'm wondering how many other PSAC schools would not have found somebody, a local radio guy are somebody, to pick up the slack.

Or ... perhaps the SID ...
    That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to find somebody.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

It's students doing their announcing. It's hard when there are no students on campus...
    Not lost on me. And yet, I'm wondering how many other PSAC schools would not have found somebody, a local radio guy are somebody, to pick up the slack.

Or ... perhaps the SID ...

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yeah, it did. The PSAC web site reported it reversed.

Gannon is 0-11
    There goes their Dixon Trophy!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Didn’t UPJ win?
    Yeah, it did. The PSAC web site reported it reversed.

Gannon is 0-11

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    Not exactly impressive, 'Boro, when you can't bother to find a PBP guy to accompany your video feed.
    It's students doing their announcing. It's hard when there are no students on campus...

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    Here's my "I told you so" moment:

Gannon beat the pi$$ out of UPJ today in Johnstown.

The then-0-10 Knights won by 19.

Gannon was the best 0-10 team in history.
    Didn’t UPJ win?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Here's my "I told you so" moment:

Gannon beat the pi$$ out of UPJ today in Johnstown.

The then-0-10 Knights won by 19.

Gannon was the best 0-10 team in history.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Well, turns out they weren’t allowed to do those things and the fouls mounted quickly. I can’t say I agree with all of the calls (both teams had bad calls go against them), but there was just no way Hurst was going to match up physically and that resulted in foul trouble. IUP defended the 3-point line much better in the second half holding the Lakers to just 4-14 from deep after giving up seven 3’s and better than 50% in the first half.

Even though IUP won by double digits, I don’t think they played to their capability. I’ll add that Mercyhurst is very, very good and well coached. I think they’re the best team IUP has seen this year.
    IUP should have won by 20+

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship76 View Post
    If Mercyhurst is allowed to maul , position pushing -hand checking D then teams are in a battle - if ref’s call it close - Mercyhurst in deep trouble .
    Well, turns out they weren’t allowed to do those things and the fouls mounted quickly. I can’t say I agree with all of the calls (both teams had bad calls go against them), but there was just no way Hurst was going to match up physically and that resulted in foul trouble. IUP defended the 3-point line much better in the second half holding the Lakers to just 4-14 from deep after giving up seven 3’s and better than 50% in the first half.

Even though IUP won by double digits, I don’t think they played to their capability. I’ll add that Mercyhurst is very, very good and well coached. I think they’re the best team IUP has seen this year.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Not exactly impressive, 'Boro, when you can't bother to find a PBP guy to accompany your video feed.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship76 View Post
    If Mercyhurst is allowed to maul , position pushing -hand checking D then teams are in a battle - if ref’s call it close - Mercyhurst in deep trouble .
    That’s one way to look at it. Not sure I’d go that far, but they would benefit from a more physical game. Then again, IUP is a lot bigger. I wouldn’t say they foul on every possession though.

They’ve been winning by huge margins lately, including against your Raiders (granted, some of the other wins have been against weaker teams) so I wouldn’t say it’s because of the officiating. I’ve seen East Stroudsburg play this year and they’re also very handsy and aggressive.

Leave a comment:

• Ship76
    replied
    That is spot on . Foul on every play - who when where on clock -
    Ref’s are human
    - at times it’s a difficult balance -
    make call at 2 minutes in …. Make it late .

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

You're absolutely correct. They likely won't get away with that in Joe's house tomorrow but we'll see.
    We’ll know once we see the officials walk into the building.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X