Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SRU

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    But imagine if SRU's Till lead mercenaries had not revolted. They probably would have won 6 more games last year and would have been comfortably in the NCAA tourney and KR would be building another team this year with a good shot at going back to the tourney again.
    Not a doubt in my mind KR would have had that team in the dance last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Witch hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• #FreeKevinReynolds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Yea...good chance this year too. But at least they got rid of "evil" KR! I'm sure Mich and the boys slept peacefully in March knowing that they had were responsible for getting tid of the devil! Moral victories are GREAT arent they??

Comment

Yea...good chance this year too. But at least they got rid of "evil" KR! I'm sure Mich and the boys slept peacefully in March knowing that they had were responsible for getting tid of the devil! Moral victories are GREAT arent they??
            We'll see. They had given KR more money than normal for last season. That was a good roster for the most part. Deep.

That said, KR recruited it and his players typically were 'here today and gone tomorrow'.

I'm very interested to see who is staying. But, their whole season comes down to Till. He got exposed a bit last year. Teams learned you have to really push the pace on him and he tires out quickly. Fall in to their slow trap and it's trouble. In a slow game he's a terror.

The game at the KCAC last year IUP could have won by 50 instead of 30. Joe showed mercy.

I expect SRU to be their normal type team. They'll win 17-19 games and pull an upset along the way ... probably win a conference tournament game and that's about it. I've heard Grady won't have the budget this year that KR had last season.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              If you recall even as great a coach as BOBBY KNIGHT wore out his welcome eventually. Some of these coaches get away with so much they begin to believe they can't be touched. Obviously not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
                .... I still feel like Grady and SRU could have made a better hire for an assistant. I'm just surprised that they didn't opt for a coach who could help Grady with his early development as "the man"

Comment

He could have hired Big Al from Clarion. He's probably looking for a job now.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post
                    Marcess Williams was making 54k. Al was making 58k as his ass't.

The union contract has minimum salaries for head and ass't coaches. https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/LR/...oaches_agr.pdf The minimum salary for a head coach is 40k. Minimum salary for an ass't coach is 35k. Negotiated % increases kick in thereafter. Marcess salary of 54k is above the minimum salary for a head coach.

No idea why Clarion paid Marcess 54k except possibly that they negotiated and he wanted the job.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Most D2 assistants make like $25,000 a year. Not easy to hire good ones (or keep them).
                      Al should have left after Righter stepped away.. With regards to SRU, Grady prob wouldn't learn from Al. Al is a great guy and he can recruit the Detroit and NY areas but Al's been a lifetime assistant and Grady would need help with how to build a program out and become a formidable PSAC West HC... I don't he does that with Al or Valerino at this stage.

Comment

Al should have left after Righter stepped away.. With regards to SRU, Grady prob wouldn't learn from Al. Al is a great guy and he can recruit the Detroit and NY areas but Al's been a lifetime assistant and Grady would need help with how to build a program out and become a formidable PSAC West HC... I don't he does that with Al or Valerino at this stage.
                        Seems like he has experience sitting at the right hand of a coach that did just that...Unfortuanatly, what he learned from KR is not what the current administration is looking for.

Funny when a school "fire" a HC and replaces him with a long time assistant how that new HC's on-line bio trumpets the success of the program under the just fired HC. Here's part of Grady's official SRU bio:

Grady helped guide Slippery Rock to a stellar 167-101 (.623) record over his first nine years on the staff, which included eight winning seasons, five 20-win seasons, seven trips to the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Tournament and three NCAA Tournament berths.

Grady was on the sidelines for two of the best teams in program history. First, the 2012-13 squad that matched a program record with 23 wins en route to the second round of the NCAA Tournament and then in 2014-15, when SRU once again advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament before ending the season with an overall record of 21-11.

On his watch, 15 Rock players have received All-PSAC West honors including 2012-13 PSAC West Defensive Player of the Year Luiz Santos and eventual All-Americans Micah Till, Maron Brown and Devin Taylor.

If these superlatives are what makes Grady such a good option as your HC, why exactly did you fire KR??

Comment

Seems like he has experience sitting at the right hand of a coach that did just that...Unfortuanatly, what he learned from KR is not what the current administration is looking for.

Funny when a school "fire" a HC and replaces him with a long time assistant how that new HC's on-line bio trumpets the success of the program under the just fired HC. Here's part of Grady's official SRU bio:

Grady helped guide Slippery Rock to a stellar 167-101 (.623) record over his first nine years on the staff, which included eight winning seasons, five 20-win seasons, seven trips to the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Tournament and three NCAA Tournament berths.

Grady was on the sidelines for two of the best teams in program history. First, the 2012-13 squad that matched a program record with 23 wins en route to the second round of the NCAA Tournament and then in 2014-15, when SRU once again advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament before ending the season with an overall record of 21-11.

On his watch, 15 Rock players have received All-PSAC West honors including 2012-13 PSAC West Defensive Player of the Year Luiz Santos and eventual All-Americans Micah Till, Maron Brown and Devin Taylor.

If these superlatives are what makes Grady such a good option as your HC, why exactly did you fire KR??
                          Sounds like KR would have a compelling case in the court of law....

Comment

Sounds like KR would have a compelling case in the court of law....
                            On the face of it, yes, yes he does. For SRU to "win" KR would have had to have done something to breach his contract.

Comment

On the face of it, yes, yes he does. For SRU to "win" KR would have had to have done something to breach his contract.
                              Hopefully he wins, the idea of mob rule and protesting to strong arm organizations, universities, etc. to make decisions they otherwise wouldn't has gotten extremely annoying...and quite frankly dangerous.

Comment

As usual (sarcasm) I agree 100 percent with Boat.

I said this when they hired him. They wanted a fresh start yet hire the top assistant who saw and likely took a part in it all going down.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X