Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SRU

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
    Any update on the #FreeKevinReynolds saga. SRU Alum here and haven't seen much
    He doesn't have to work because he received a lump sum payout for his remaining contract. I imagine he's also considered toxic at the moment because he still has a federal lawsuit pending against SRU.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      He doesn't have to work because he received a lump sum payout for his remaining contract. I imagine he's also considered toxic at the moment because he still has a federal lawsuit pending against SRU.
      Yeah, I'm aware of his payout, last I saw he had filed a lawsuit against the school - I wonder if this will effect his job prospects. Regardless of the payout, it would be tough for someone like KR to stay away very long. Perhaps he may take on a rebuilding project at a discount due to the two income streams via the payout.

Comment

Yeah, I'm aware of his payout, last I saw he had filed a lawsuit against the school - I wonder if this will effect his job prospects. Regardless of the payout, it would be tough for someone like KR to stay away very long. Perhaps he may take on a rebuilding project at a discount due to the two income streams via the payout.

KR is a basketball junkie. He's a coach. 24-365.

He was at IUP for many games last season. It's in the blood. He won't stay away long. Sitting out last year killed him.

And, due to the SRU 3-year payout ... Yeah, I could see him taking a 'discount' rate.

Now, which job is better -- Clarion or Wheeling Jesuit?

That's like Jim Jones giving you two glasses of Gatorade and telling you to take your pick.

Comment

He has/had some interest in the WJU job but don't be shocked if he ends up down south somewhere with someone else we all know well.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            KR is a basketball junkie. He's a coach. 24-365.

He was at IUP for many games last season. It's in the blood. He won't stay away long. Sitting out last year killed him.

And, due to the SRU 3-year payout ... Yeah, I could see him taking a 'discount' rate.

Now, which job is better -- Clarion or Wheeling Jesuit?

That's like Jim Jones giving you two glasses of Gatorade and telling you to take your pick.
            Perhaps the question is not which job better, but which job will be a challenge and allow for him to really stick it to SRU.

Although, I don't see him going to Clarion - it could be an uphill battle that he would be willing to take on and have the opportunity to stick it to his former employer.

Plus the proximity to where his life has been it may be a stronger chance that he ends up at CUP then we all realize.

Comment

Perhaps the question is not which job better, but which job will be a challenge and allow for him to really stick it to SRU.

Although, I don't see him going to Clarion - it could be an uphill battle that he would be willing to take on and have the opportunity to stick it to his former employer.

Plus the proximity to where his life has been it may be a stronger chance that he ends up at CUP then we all realize.
              If I'm him I'd pick Clarion. Wheeling may be closed in a year.

And, Clarion's admissions standards require you to have a pulse. Perfect for the JUCO players and third-chancers he has made a living off of over the years.

Comment

And, Clarion's admissions standards require you to have a pulse. Perfect for the JUCO players and third-chancers he has made a living off of over the years.
                I agree - would be interesting for sure. Plus with a new facility and a fresh start for both parties would make for a mighty interesting scenario.

Perhaps he does give Clarion discount being that SRU's buyout is 3 years.. that's a win win for both from my vantage point.

Comment

Hope not. Although that is making the rounds.
                  Why? Seems like a perfect fit for WU. Ability to recruit a bunch of one year mercenaries and whip them into a pretty good basketball team quickly. It would be interesting to see how productive his style was in the MEC.

As for WU maybe closing after a year...maybe but maybe not! But for him, would that be so bad? One year to come in and build a one year winner, buff his tarnished reputation and apply for positions the following year from a much better position. IF WU stays open, he is coaching at a school with really good facilities, that has a history of winning and plays in one of the top conferences in the nation. AND he's playing with SRU's money!!
                  Last edited by boatcapt; 06-06-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Same admissions standard as IUP.

Comment

Comment

No crap. We didn't go to the Ivy League.

Comment

Funny thing three people who work for me went to Carnegie Mellon and one went to Cal-Berkley.

Comment

Funny thing three people who work for me went to Carnegie Mellon and one went to Cal-Berkley.
                            Exactly. Mercedes S Class is routinely one of the highest rated cars but I don't mortgage my future to have one because it doesn't make me a better driver. I drive my wife's Elantra to work three days a week. Gets me to work just as well as my coworker's Jaguar. Gallup has proven that when given equal opportunity (same job, same experience) it doesn't matter where you went. It's fit. But the media promotes the perceived prestige.

IUP can be just as good if not better for someone than Penn State. A small town country boy could have catastrophic culture shock attending Carnegie Mellon.

Comment

It looks like Grady is bolstering his staff with a fellow SRU alum... hopefully SRU doesn't become a good ole boys club. Was hoping he'd be able to bring on an older assistant to help in his develop as the head guy. Getting someone willing to step in as an assistant and help developing a young coach is a tough ask, I get it - but this seems like a yes man hire.

https://rockathletics.com/news/2019/...ant-coach.aspx

Comment

It looks like Grady is bolstering his staff with a fellow SRU alum... hopefully SRU doesn't become a good ole boys club. Was hoping he'd be able to bring on an older assistant to help in his develop as the head guy. Getting someone willing to step in as an assistant and help developing a young coach is a tough ask, I get it - but this seems like a yes man hire.

https://rockathletics.com/news/2019/...ant-coach.aspx
                                Most D2 assistants make like $25,000 a year. Not easy to hire good ones (or keep them).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X