X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. He does a Houdini rebuild here quickly ... he could be up for a big job real quick.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Re: OT: D1

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Wahab to Georgetown
    They still suck!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Wahab to Georgetown

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Very true. He landed a good contract at Pitt. I had the chance to exchange a few emails with him back before the season got underway. He and his wife love the city of Pittsburgh and he did point out that he really liked what he was seeing in regards to the support he and the program were receiving. He sounded very upbeat.

The biggest fear I have at this point is that if Coach K were to retire suddenly at Duke. I think that may be one of the few jobs that he would really want (okay maybe a few others as well). Remember what happened to Pitt with Paul Chryst? The one school that could offer him his dream job kept coming open. That was so frustrating. I have no idea if Caplel would be Duke's (or a few other blue blood schools) choice or not. Maybe not. But hopefully he can stay at Pitt for the foreseeable future and finish this program rebuild.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Anybody have a diagnosis on IU? Is it suddenly a place where nobody can win and fans have unreasonable expectations?
    Quite a storied tradition there with the shadow of Knight looming over everyone. Yeah, he was a first class jerk---but his accomplishments were amazing. It's a tough act to follow. Didn't the one guy (Mike Davis?) get them to a Final Four or something some years back?

-

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Anybody have a diagnosis on IU? Is it suddenly a place where nobody can win and fans have unreasonable expectations?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I wouldn't be so sure. He does a Houdini rebuild here quickly ... he could be up for a big job real quick.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Very true. He landed a good contract at Pitt. I had the chance to exchange a few emails with him back before the season got underway. He and his wife love the city of Pittsburgh and he did point out that he really liked what he was seeing in regards to the support he and the program were receiving. He sounded very upbeat.

The biggest fear I have at this point is that if Coach K were to retire suddenly at Duke. I think that may be one of the few jobs that he would really want (okay maybe a few others as well). Remember what happened to Pitt with Paul Chryst? The one school that could offer him his dream job kept coming open. That was so frustrating. I have no idea if Caplel would be Duke's (or a few other blue blood schools) choice or not. Maybe not. But hopefully he can stay at Pitt for the foreseeable future and finish this program rebuild.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

You guys have to realize that this is year one of an expansive rebuilding project that Jeff Capel has taken on. I don't think there is anyone out there who expected this to be a banner year. The ACC is tough sledding.

Did anyone catch what a member of the broadcast team said last night? That both Pitt and Clemson had played the number one and number two hardest conference schedule in the entire country. There are no pushovers in the ACC.

There is a reason why I have been giving "updates" on what may be happening on the recruiting front----because that is the most important thing right now, along with developing the young players that Capel has brought in. Who really knows what will happen here with recruiting---but Capel is being deliberate with the process and he does seem to be in the conversation for a couple of top 100 players. But at any rate---you know that he is going to get some good players to bring to Oakland for next year. I personally would love to see him land a couple of bigs, a small forward, and a quality shooting guard plus a transfer point guard to supplement Xavier. Just imagine how this team could ramp things up with some more help in a few critical areas.

We need to give Caplel some time here. I figured that when he took the job you probably would not be able to make a true evaluation of the job he has done until after his third season. He has done very well thus far with a program reboot. But he needs more time.

Let's just hope that the Wahab decision goes our way. I did hear a few folks sounding like he was coming to Pitt. They could really use him.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The one starting guard being out hurt a lot last night. They'd have lost better if that matters.

Too much film out on this team now. Get in a zone and they can't score.

The Robert Morris transfer playing for Clemson smoked them.
    Yeah, Capel might will them to a couple more wins at the Pete, otherwise the rest of the year is gonna be pretty ugly.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Three years minimum in my opinion. That assumes Capel stays that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The one starting guard being out hurt a lot last night. They'd have lost better if that matters.

Too much film out on this team now. Get in a zone and they can't score.

The Robert Morris transfer playing for Clemson smoked them.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Three years minimum in my opinion. That assumes Capel stays that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X