Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bart
    replied
    Kutztown and Lock Haven's Tarojae Blake transferring again.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    DS is not the type of coach that traffics heavily in JUCO or transfers to build a team. He's more about bring in a ton of freshmen and building from there. Not saying he's never brought in a JUCO/Transfer, just that it's not his style.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Yeah...you can "explain away" four or maybe even five leaving. But nine is a signal of somthing deeper going on.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Wow. Obviously something going on there. That's certainly an unusual number for a team that didn't have all that bad a season.
    Yeah...you can "explain away" four or maybe even five leaving. But nine is a signal of somthing deeper going on.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Nine is a lot but so far I wouldn't say there's many actual losses. If anything Danny has a lot of cap room. Keep in mind he may have simply cut some of these guys, too.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    What's goin' on at Cal?... Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Sec10-A-14
    replied
    What's goin' on at Cal?... Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    No. 9 hits the portal for Danny Sancomb.
    Wow. Obviously something going on there. That's certainly an unusual number for a team that didn't have all that bad a season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    No. 9 hits the portal for Danny Sancomb.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

I hope so.
    AB would have some real heavy competition for him. I'll leave it at that.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He might be looking for a chance at a good run!
    I hope so.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Other side of the coin, however, is some players don't want to watch half the game from the bench. Many want to play 25-33 mpg instead of 15 mpg. To each his own.
    Those minutes are there...IF the player is good enough to grab them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Yeah...Some players just aren't cut out to play at WLU. Concerning minutes at WLU, not a whole lot of 3rd, 4th (and 5th) year players that don't average in the 15 MPG range and we're not talking garbage time minutes here! Unlike many other teams, WLU doesn't bring in an army of players every year...we usually have 13 players on the team as opposed to 20 for some teams.
    Other side of the coin, however, is some players don't want to watch half the game from the bench. Many want to play 25-33 mpg instead of 15 mpg. To each his own.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Sorry to hear he is leaving. So hard to play at WLU as a true freshman. Dalton, Luke, Marlon and Will all redshirted.
    The wlu style requires players to fully develop a complete skill set and it requires effort and dedication beyond that of most schools. I wish him well.
    I agree that it is tough to play at WLU...both physically and mentally. But the history shows that if you can physically and mentally do it, you are rewarded with minutes. Hard to find a junior or senior in WLU's history that didn't average 15+ minutes per game...and by and large, these are quality minutes and not the garbage time variety.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

He did, indeed, redshirt this year. And he may have seen the good work done by true Freshmen Butler & Hazelbaker coupled with a couple of high quality recruits that Columbus has detailed in a recent thread. It's possible Shifflett just didn't see a path to minutes at WLU. Wish him the best wherever he ends up.
    Yeah...Some players just aren't cut out to play at WLU. Concerning minutes at WLU, not a whole lot of 3rd, 4th (and 5th) year players that don't average in the 15 MPG range and we're not talking garbage time minutes here! Unlike many other teams, WLU doesn't bring in an army of players every year...we usually have 13 players on the team as opposed to 20 for some teams.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X