• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    ** Breaking **

Robbie Heath, West Chester, has entered the transfer portal.

First Team All-Region (no comment) as a freshman.
    I think I predicted that...

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Wow, losing 8 from a team that did as well as they did! 8 isn't a shocking number, as we've seen that at Gannon under Coach Reilly, however, that was typically after Gannon went historically bad that season and was bringing in a new team.
    Although there's time, I'm surprised Gannon is only at 2. Olawoye isn't a surprise - he struggled to find a spot on KJs team. I feel he should have been starting over Webb the last few weeks (GU did better when Webb came off bench). Victor will flourish at a good home. Chris Roberts isn't a surprise merely based on lack of playing time. Not knowing what he can do, or what he thinks he can do, made him a question mark.

The 2 I Thought would immediately be in the portal are Ben Horsford and Jon Harewood. Harewood even moreso now that Victor is (they came in from same AAU program). With the majority of KJs recruiting interest being PGs and SGs, Clancy all but guaranteed the 2 spot and KJ showing a comfort of running without a true PG at times, I figured these 2 would be looking for playing time elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Kutztown's Dylan Elliott

Cal losing 2 more. Liam Wholaver and Nicholas Manso. Cal with 8 transfers is in the lead.
    Wow, losing 8 from a team that did as well as they did! 8 isn't a shocking number, as we've seen that at Gannon under Coach Reilly, however, that was typically after Gannon went historically bad that season and was bringing in a new team.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Kutztown's Dylan Elliott

Cal losing 2 more. Liam Wholaver and Nicholas Manso. Cal with 8 transfers is in the lead.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

He did, indeed, redshirt this year. And he may have seen the good work done by true Freshmen Butler & Hazelbaker coupled with a couple of high quality recruits that Columbus has detailed in a recent thread. It's possible Shifflett just didn't see a path to minutes at WLU. Wish him the best wherever he ends up.
    Sorry to hear he is leaving. So hard to play at WLU as a true freshman. Dalton, Luke, Marlon and Will all redshirted.
    The wlu style requires players to fully develop a complete skill set and it requires effort and dedication beyond that of most schools. I wish him well.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Andrew Seager is leaving Mercyhurst.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Mason Shifflett is leaving West Liberty. I am assuming he was redshirted this year. He was a good player for Teays Valley Christian. Verbal Commits says he has 4 years to play.
    He did, indeed, redshirt this year. And he may have seen the good work done by true Freshmen Butler & Hazelbaker coupled with a couple of high quality recruits that Columbus has detailed in a recent thread. It's possible Shifflett just didn't see a path to minutes at WLU. Wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied
    Mason Shifflett is leaving West Liberty. I am assuming he was redshirted this year. He was a good player for Teays Valley Christian. Verbal Commits says he has 4 years to play.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

I bet he could be a starter for the Alderson Broaddus Battlers. https://gobattlers.com/news/2019/12/...all-coach.aspx
    He might be looking for a chance at a good run!

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    That time of the year for many ...

Mansfield's Christian Simmons is looking for a new home. He's a nice 6'5" G/F. One year to play.
    I bet he could be a starter for the Alderson Broaddus Battlers. https://gobattlers.com/news/2019/12/...all-coach.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

He took that Tweet down pretty quickly.

Remember they aren't 'allowed' to make any contact with recruits right now ... no calls, texts, offers, ... nada.

#wink-wink ....

Of course ... to beleive no recruiting is going on would be foolish.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Per @WizardOfBoz4 he will play his last season as a grad student at CAL U. How this will effect the chemistry of a pretty good, but significantly different VULCAN team, will remain to be seen.
    He took that Tweet down pretty quickly.

Remember they aren't 'allowed' to make any contact with recruits right now ... no calls, texts, offers, ... nada.

#wink-wink ....

Of course ... to beleive no recruiting is going on would be foolish.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

He's not that good. Not a major loss. DS can upgrade his spot via transfer. For all we know Danny told him to leave. We can't assume all these guys left. Some may have been told their money wasn't being renewed. Happens all the time. Happened in Indiana yesterday.
    I would counter that if he isn't that good but was a starter for half the year and still earned over 14 minutes per game when moved to the bench, that says somthing about the depth of the team. And that is a problem that is going to be exaserbated with the departure of six other players from this past seasons roster.

Sure, Cal could go the JUCO route, but that is not without peril.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    That's for Joe to figure out. If they don't feel he'd be a good 'role' player, ... then it won't be a good fit. It's not a starters' role for sure. This will be a 15-17 mpg role. If he's willing to take that role ... he could be a great addition. He would be a tremendous upgrade in depth as he can play both G/F.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Remember the name I told you about earlier this week. That's real close to happening. So I hear, anyway. That will be Ulrich's spot. Joe had to make room. Joe's loading up for a run.

As for Glover ... as a walk-on he doesn't free up any cap room. He likely wanted to find a place where he could see some minutes. I think he'll keep Benton around as a Swiss Army Knife. They may kick him a few bucks, too.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X