Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Freshmen and transfers. I'd assume 70-80% freshmen return for sophomore year. That's the industry average.
    Given all the negative press that WU had during the last couple of years, AND given the Covid situation, I'm a little shocked by this number. Clearly it's not a linear progression as many new students leave college for a wide range of reasons before graduating, BUUUTTT, if they keep ALL their new students and keep priming the pump with 256 students for the next four years...256x4=1024 which I think is were WU wants to be.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Given all the negative press that WU had during the last couple of years, AND given the Covid situation, I'm a little shocked by this number. Clearly it's not a linear progression as many new students leave college for a wide range of reasons before graduating, BUUUTTT, if they keep ALL their new students and keep priming the pump with 256 students for the next four years...256x4=1024 which I think is were WU wants to be.
      Yeah I think there's progress. I also think they benefit from a) not a lot of private college options in that area, and b) a sustained interest in a Christian or Catholic college experience. I'd be interested to know their most common high schools and transfer schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah I think there's progress. I also think they benefit from a) not a lot of private college options in that area, and b) a sustained interest in a Christian or Catholic college experience. I'd be interested to know their most common high schools and transfer schools.
        Yep...When many were beating the drum that WJU MUST close IMMEDIATELY, I pointed out that they had a number of advantages that other schools in a similar situation might not have and that these advantages gave them a legitimate chance of becoming healthy again. They are far from out of the woods yet, but at least they appear to be moving in the right direction.

Comment

Something that could also help them is if WVU increases their admission standard. There's a family at my church - last year their kid was denied by Edinboro but he got in at WVU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X