Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida is one of the fastest growing states in the US based on one year growth (18-19) and growth since 2010. California however is middle of the pack ranking as number 21 and 24 among the 50 states.

People are bailing out California like the Titanic bec of the liberal DEM gov policies of tax everything and give illegals free college tuition. The only thing keeping any growth in Cal is illegals and the homeless getting free (add whatever here)

People are bailing out of DEM high tax state of New York

Florida ran by a REP gov no state taxes and growing giving free tickets to Disneyland.
    Not to get into political fight but those are the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
      Florida is one of the fastest growing states in the US based on one year growth (18-19) and growth since 2010. California however is middle of the pack ranking as number 21 and 24 among the 50 states.

People are bailing out California like the Titanic bec of the liberal DEM gov policies of tax everything and give illegals free college tuition. The only thing keeping any growth in Cal is illegals and the homeless getting free (add whatever here)

People are bailing out of DEM high tax state of New York

Florida ran by a REP gov no state taxes and growing giving free tickets to Disneyland.
      Not to get into political fight but those are the facts.
      Top 10 tax paying (contributing) states are 7 BLUE-#1CAL, #2NY, #5ILL, #6NJ, #8MASS, #9WASH, and#10VIRG-- $648.5B versus 3 RED-#3TEX, #4FLA and #7PA--$309.9. Better hope that continues or we're all up THAT CREEK !!

Comment

I could see Bethany College closing. They meet most of the criteria. I think state schools are safe.

Comment

More upheaval in Wheeling: Will Ryan is leaving after one year to become head man at UW-Green Bay. Looks like the coaching carousel at Wheeling continues to turn. Look for the transfer portal to flood with ex-Wheeling players today.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
            More upheaval in Wheeling: Will Ryan is leaving after one year to become head man at UW-Green Bay. Looks like the coaching carousel at Wheeling continues to turn. Look for the transfer portal to flood with ex-Wheeling players today.
            I was trying to understand how he rated a pretty decent D1 program like UW-GB PHOENIX until I read his bio. Son of UW HofF coach BO RYAN. Otherwise 11 years as D1 ASST and 1 year as HC insignificant D2 program doesn't really rate that job. That school is a pretty tough sell with UW, UWM and MARQUETTE in the same market. Not to mention insanely cold winters in northern Wisconsin.
            DS is smiling somewhat bitterly today. Not happy that his alma mater is in such bad shape, but really feeling vindicated.
            Last edited by CALUPA69; 06-07-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Doubt DS is feeling vindicated. Think he's probably more concerned with trying to keep enough players from transferring to allow him to field a team this year.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                Doubt DS is feeling vindicated. Think he's probably more concerned with trying to keep enough players from transferring to allow him to field a team this year.
                Don't think he's worried... https://mobile.twitter.com/CALU_mbb/...81523467984899

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I was trying to understand how he rated a pretty decent D1 program like UW-GB PHOENIX until I read his bio. Son of UW HofF coach BO RYAN. Otherwise 11 years as D1 ASST and 1 year as HC insignificant D2 program doesn't really rate that job. That school is a pretty tough sell with UW, UWM and MARQUETTE in the same market. Not to mention insanely cold winters in northern Wisconsin.
                  DS is smiling somewhat bitterly today. Not happy that his alma mater is in such bad shape, but really feeling vindicated.
                  He replaces Linc Darner who had previously led Florida Southern to the 2015 D2 national championship by defeating IUP in the title game. He took UWGB to the big dance in his first season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

He replaces Linc Darner who had previously led Florida Southern to the 2015 D2 national championship by defeating IUP in the title game. He took UWGB to the big dance in his first season.
                    It's a bit odd that having tried a very successful D2 coach and later regretting it, they decide to go with another D2 but much less experienced coach. Guessing their thought is some of RYAN SR. rubbed off on JR. Time will tell.

Comment

I'm sure they will see plenty of court time this coming year...no matter what their HS/Prep production indicates!

Comment

I'm sure they will see plenty of court time this coming year...no matter what their HS/Prep production indicates!
                        Wouldn't expect so as #s1-7 are set and DS rarely goes deep into his roster. But I could be entirely wrong. Time will tell.

Comment

Wouldn't expect so as #s1-7 are set and DS rarely goes deep into his roster. But I could be entirely wrong. Time will tell.
                          Cal had 7 players earn starts last year...3 are not coming back. Cal had 7 players average over 15 minutes per game...3 are not coming back.

Based on who seems to be coming back, I've got Hall, Smith, Collins and Pegrim as 4 of your top 7...then add transfer Boswell who makes f5

So who are the top 7?

FYI...DS typically has 8 players average over 10 minutes per game.

Comment

Cal had 7 players earn starts last year...3 are not coming back. Cal had 7 players average over 15 minutes per game...3 are not coming back.

Based on who seems to be coming back, I've got Hall, Smith, Collins and Pegrim as 4 of your top 7...then add transfer Boswell who makes f5

So who are the top 7?

FYI...DS typically has 8 players average over 10 minutes per game.
                            Without in depth knowledge of the entire team, I'd say the next two will be FR GABE JIMERSON and KYLE WHIPPEN, but who knows. Pretty sure there will be a team ready five months from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                              #free-Kevin-Reynolds

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

#free-Kevin-Reynolds
                                I hope Wheeling considers it. That would be a blast!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X