Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Atlantic Regional

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Hahahahah...That's funny coming from a fan of a school known more for producing elitist snob fans than championships!!

I do discuss basketball. Every time I say that WLU would be at the top of the PSAC (which they would), I get told in no uncertain terms that WLU would struggle because they are not equipped to play in the rough and tumble PSAC were defense is king and apparently you need to wear a helmet and shoulder pads to have a chance. Every time WLU wins by 30 in a 120-90 game, the PSAC faithful come out and say, yea, but WLU gave up 90 points...that would NEVER fly in the PSAC. Well, tonight is the test to determine if what has been said is true...We've got the toughest defensive team in the PSAC vs the strongest offensive team in the MEC. Who's right? Is WLU just a high flyer that "beats up" on weak programs in the MEC and will wilt and die when faced with a true defensive power orrrrr will WLU's offense blast it's way through and prove once and for all that a good offense trumps a good defense? Or maybe we see something we don't expect...Maybe the game ends up being 115-110 with Hurst winning or maybe it ends up 45-50 with WLU ruling the roost.

I think it is going to be 90-78 WLU. Very close at half (4 points either way) with WLU pulling away at the end. I see WLU pushing the pace with some degree of success but not nearly to the level they were able to vs VA State. Defensively I see WLU's full court pressure causing a number of turn overs. For Hurst, I see them bending but not breaking...almost like WLU did vs VA State. WLU will sprint out to a 10 point lead and Hurst will claw back. I see Hurst's defense and resilience frustrating WLU and pushing them into some turnovers. At the end of the day, I think WLU has too much firepower and pulls clear for the hard fought win. But I think it will be harder than people think and that if WLU has a bad shooting night or a Hurst player or two has a career game, the game could tilt in Hurst's favor.
    Not to mess with the narrative but Ship held them to 66 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Not to mess with the narrative but Ship held them to 66 last year.
      Heck, IUP held them to 74 in that win a couple years ago.

Comment

Way more people here than I thought

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
          Hahahahah...That's funny coming from a fan of a school known more for producing elitist snob fans than championships!!

I do discuss basketball. Every time I say that WLU would be at the top of the PSAC (which they would), I get told in no uncertain terms that WLU would struggle because they are not equipped to play in the rough and tumble PSAC were defense is king and apparently you need to wear a helmet and shoulder pads to have a chance. Every time WLU wins by 30 in a 120-90 game, the PSAC faithful come out and say, yea, but WLU gave up 90 points...that would NEVER fly in the PSAC. Well, tonight is the test to determine if what has been said is true...We've got the toughest defensive team in the PSAC vs the strongest offensive team in the MEC. Who's right? Is WLU just a high flyer that "beats up" on weak programs in the MEC and will wilt and die when faced with a true defensive power orrrrr will WLU's offense blast it's way through and prove once and for all that a good offense trumps a good defense? Or maybe we see something we don't expect...Maybe the game ends up being 115-110 with Hurst winning or maybe it ends up 45-50 with WLU ruling the roost.

I think it is going to be 90-78 WLU. Very close at half (4 points either way) with WLU pulling away at the end. I see WLU pushing the pace with some degree of success but not nearly to the level they were able to vs VA State. Defensively I see WLU's full court pressure causing a number of turn overs. For Hurst, I see them bending but not breaking...almost like WLU did vs VA State. WLU will sprint out to a 10 point lead and Hurst will claw back. I see Hurst's defense and resilience frustrating WLU and pushing them into some turnovers. At the end of the day, I think WLU has too much firepower and pulls clear for the hard fought win. But I think it will be harder than people think and that if WLU has a bad shooting night or a Hurst player or two has a career game, the game could tilt in Hurst's favor.

Comment

Mercyhurst's band and cheerleaders made the trip.

No comment, IUP.

Comment

Meiniger has to get going

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                Meiniger has to get going
                Patrick Smith is owning him so far.

Mercy is going to tire out.

Comment

Gary trying to keep Smith fresh but everytime they pull him WL goes on a tear.

Comment

You sure that's not Patrick Ewing out there wearing #33?! Sheesh, that guy is having a night!

Comment

WLU with the one point halftime lead.

Hurst is doing a good job so far with the full court pressure. After how much trouble it caused them in the IUP game I'm a bit surprised. Kudos to their coach for making adjustments. But that's what a good coach does.

We'll see how Ben adjusts at half time. He's been up to the challenge so far this tourney. If he can make the right adjustments again, we should be OK.

Comment

Good game so far. I feel that West Lib has controlled the pace so far, will be interesting if they can dictate the pace in the 2nd half as well. If so, does Mercyhurst have enough gas in the tank to play at this pace for 20 more minutes?

Meineger already having 3 fouls will also be key to the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper912 View Post
                          Good game so far. I feel that West Lib has controlled the pace so far, will be interesting if they can dictate the pace in the 2nd half as well. If so, does Mercyhurst have enough gas in the tank to play at this pace for 20 more minutes?

Meineger already having 3 fouls will also be key to the 2nd half.
                          Wonder if there will be a Greely sighting tonight?

Comment

It has been a super-entertaining game so far (we Gannon fans are starved for good basketball).

Mercy needs to control turnovers and get a few offensive rebounds to have a shot in the second half. Somehow they can't tire out in the last five minutes. You saw a little bit of that in the later stages of the first half.

When Patrick Smith got a block, the WLU announcer said, "You don't see anyone who can play that kind of defense in the Mountain East!"

Comment

WL gotta rebound. Getting crushed on glass.

Comment

Nostradamus didn't even see this. Mercyhurst leading by 11.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X