Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bart
    replied
    Recent history suggests he may do just fine.

Bonner is the second player to transfer to Baylor from a lower NCAA Division in recent years. He follows Freddie Gillespie, who joined the Bears in 2017 after two years at Division III Carleton College, developed into the 2020 Big 12 Most Improved Player and an All-Big 12 Second Team selection, and is now playing on a two-year contract with the NBA's Toronto Raptors.

https://baylorbears.com/news/2021/5/...er-bonner.aspx

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    With the D2 to D1 frenzy ... and now with a MAJOR signing ... I wonder what the future of D2 holds for its stars.

I understand it ... but as a D2 fan I sure hope this isn't the new norm.

Granted, in a normal year players moving up (non grad transfer) would have to sit out a year so that may sway some of them in the future.

But, man, some SERIOUS star power left D2 in the past month.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Next man up, I say. The D2 game will still be great to watch (even with a little less star power). It will still be superior fundamental basketball (for those of us who like that sorta thing). It will still avoid being 100% AAU madness on the floor. Yes, the high quality basketball only got better in recent years with big time athletes like Dale Bonner, Ryan Hawkins, Dalton Bolon, and the like. But it'll still be high quality basketball without those guys.
    I get that. But, will it be the norm for this to happen yearly? It's great for Dale Bonner. Sucks for Fairmont State.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    With the D2 to D1 frenzy ... and now with a MAJOR signing ... I wonder what the future of D2 holds for its stars.

Granted, in a normal year players moving up (non grad transfer) would have to sit out a year so that may sway some of them in the future.

Next man up, I say. The D2 game will still be great to watch (even with a little less star power). It will still be superior fundamental basketball (for those of us who like that sorta thing). It will still avoid being 100% AAU madness on the floor. Yes, the high quality basketball only got better in recent years with big time athletes like Dale Bonner, Ryan Hawkins, Dalton Bolon, and the like. But it'll still be high quality basketball without those guys.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Dale Bonner to Baylor.

Holy Smokes

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Add Turner Kurt to the Edinboro list.
    Not much of a loss.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Add Turner Kurt to the Edinboro list.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Looks like 6'7" SF Nick Everett is leaving Edinboro before ever playing a game. He entered the portal today.

He was a recruit they were pretty excited about a year ago.
    That sucks - he had a lot of upside. I was hoping they wouldn't lose anyone.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Looks like 6'7" SF Nick Everett is leaving Edinboro before ever playing a game. He entered the portal today.

He was a recruit they were pretty excited about a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

They take a lot of shots...
    I remember that two-year stretch when Concord played up here to open the season. You could see them getting very frustrated each game with IUP's defense and the overall pace of play.

The first year the crowd really went after Tommy Bolte as he entered his senior year with so much hype. It then really got on Todd May in the second half and he eventually lost it ... got a big technical in the final minutes. May has some KR-type sideline theatrics which doesn't get you very far in the KCAC. It's about the only thing, actually, that gets that place really wound up.

The second year Concord came out on fire and then got held to like 17 points in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Recently-available Malik Johnson (Concord) is an interesting player. He's a 6'5" SG who averaged a team-high 17.6 ppg this past season. One year of eligibility remaining. Shooting percentages from outside not great.

Assuming he's testing the waters.
    They take a lot of shots...

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Recently-available Malik Johnson (Concord) is an interesting player. He's a 6'5" SG who averaged a team-high 17.6 ppg this past season. One year of eligibility remaining. Shooting percentages from outside not great.

That's because he seems like one of those guys who never met a shot he didn't like. He seems to have an outsized opinion of his own shooting ability.

He's really at his best when he's going to the rim. But if you can stay in front of him and keep him outside, he generally won't hurt you from out there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

Zach McIntire... What sport did he play?
    Was he actually on a team roster?
    WOW!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X