Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

meaningless factoid too NW is 6-2
    Sooooooo...WLU should win because they are .800 in E8 games while NW is an "anemic" .750!! Hahahahahaha!!! POP THE CHAMPAGNE!!

Comment

I misunderstood your 4-1 Elite 8 record comment. Correction NW is 2-2 in Qtrs, 2-0 semis 2-0 finals = 6-2 overall

Comment

Just a general note for our NW friends who have been checking in with us:

Well, first of all thanks for coming over to our board. It's been enjoyable to spend some time thinking about the game with your input.

During Regionals, I noticed that the Central Region board tends to be pretty active during the games, with lots of in-game commentary. You sometimes see some of that with the IUP thread over here, but I thought I would warn you that our WLU fans tend to operate a bit differently. We tend to watch the games intently with the message board turned off. Then we usually reconvene after the game for some postmortem discussion of what we saw.

I just didn't want our new friends to think we were being rude by ignoring you during the game!

Comment

I'm getting excited... 3 1/2 hours away! The other thing about a press, and I haven't seen West Liberty's, but you're able to get the ball out of the hands of the star. As far as breaking the press and limiting turnovers, that is going to fall on a lot more than Hudgins. You don't want to be dribbling through and active press even though Hudgens might be able to do it. I do think the other guys are fully capable of taking some of that pressure off, but I do think it is in Benard's nature to get sped up and a little out of control at times... he'll settle in though. Generally speaking, Northwest had been really good over the years of taking care of the ball and I would expect to see the same tonight. Playing a team like West Liberty with a week to prepare is probably a much better situation than having to turn around and play them in the second round tomorrow. Hope for a good game and good health for both squads.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
            I'm getting excited... 3 1/2 hours away! The other thing about a press, and I haven't seen West Liberty's, but you're able to get the ball out of the hands of the star. As far as breaking the press and limiting turnovers, that is going to fall on a lot more than Hudgins. You don't want to be dribbling through and active press even though Hudgens might be able to do it. I do think the other guys are fully capable of taking some of that pressure off, but I do think it is in Benard's nature to get sped up and a little out of control at times... he'll settle in though. Generally speaking, Northwest had been really good over the years of taking care of the ball and I would expect to see the same tonight. Playing a team like West Liberty with a week to prepare is probably a much better situation than having to turn around and play them in the second round tomorrow. Hope for a good game and good health for both squads.
            That's a good point. Hillsdale looked like they didn't know what hit them in the Regional Final . . . but they only had one day off to prepare after playing against a VERY different style with Mercyhurst. I'm sure your Ben will have the Bearcats ready to go. Hopefully our Ben has a wrinkle or two up his sleeve as well. Should be fun.

And, yes, if nothing else, I'm just hoping for a good game. Nothing worse than a hyped up blow out (one way or the other).

Comment

Comment

It's true that it's much easier for the underdog team's fan to wish for a good game.

A good tight game might seem worrisome to a NW fan.

Comment

Is this computer only viewing? Any tv?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Is this computer only viewing? Any tv?
                    Computer is all that I'm aware of.

Comment

This is shaping up to be a real David v Goliath match up. So what does WLU need to o to pull the upset? IMHO it boils down to:

1. WLU needs to push the pace. Don't think WLU has the horses to play a slowed down half course game. Hillsdale game is the blueprint of what WLU needs to do...Defense at 11 all game, run the ball into the offensive end, attack, attack, attack.
                      2. WLU needs to make at least 12 3 pointers AND shoot over 40% from 3. This has been a problem of late.
                      3. WLU's "Big 3" (Bolon, Robinson and Butler) need to be at their season average scoring wise.
                      4. WLU needs a big game from at least one of their "supporting" players. My money is on Marlin More. Need this player to score at least 15.
                      5. WLU needs to have a dark horse step up and get points that they don't expect. My money is on Dyer who has proven that he can score if he pulls the trigger OR Hazelbaker who has shown he can come up big in big situations. This "dark horse" needs to be effective enough to force NW to play them honest and not allow them to sag their D to our Big 3.

This kind of feels like a "First team to 80 wins" sort of game.
                      Last edited by boatcapt; 03-24-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Comment

Just not hitting shots or playing with intensity on D

Comment

Comment

Turn your volume up!

Comment

12 for NWMS is amazing

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...