Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I have it on good authority that the wings there are back to being as good as the originals from the early 90’s. Now that’s critical information for this board!
    That place was rocking back then. It's off the beaten path but a lot of IUP students used to hangout there in that era. Aside from the wings they always had good bands, etc.

My group used to always go to the Rose Inn or Brown Hotel when we wanted to get away from the Philly Street circus.

It's funny for as many places in or near Indiana that sell wings, finding good ones isn't easy. I like Coney's but need a home equity loan to buy a dozen. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That place was rocking back then. It's off the beaten path but a lot of IUP students used to hangout there in that era. Aside from the wings they always had good bands, etc.

My group used to always go to the Rose Inn or Brown Hotel when we wanted to get away from the Philly Street circus.

It's funny for as many places in or near Indiana that sell wings, finding good ones isn't easy. I like Coney's but need a home equity loan to buy a dozen. Lol.
      What the heck ever happened to Murphy's?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Oldie but goodie there

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hmm…good question. I never went in the place but I remember it.

Comment

• Women played with a lot more fire yesterday. They win by 10 with the same energy earlier in the week against Cal. Looks like they’re going to get a chance to redeem themselves.

I believe IUP is the best team in their side of the bracket. I’m assuming a rematch with Cal on Wednesday night followed by a semi-final matchup with Lock Haven. I’ve never believed in Lock Haven despite their record. The biggest challenge will be playing on their floor. Keep in mind in the first meeting that IUP lost by 11 they were playing short-handed and Maria Cerro was in a boot. That game was tied after three quarters even without Cerro being available. They did have Preston who they likely won’t have this time, however.

Then there’s the other possible scenario where IUP loses to Cal in the quarterfinals. That would certainly move Cal ahead of IUP in the regional rankings and now suddenly a ticket to the dance would be in question. Even if they did get in they’d be playing a #1 or #2 seed and it could be a quick exit. In other words, IUP absolutely needs a win on Wednesday night.

Comment

Women played with a lot more fire yesterday. They win by 10 with the same energy earlier in the week against Cal. Looks like they’re going to get a chance to redeem themselves.

I believe IUP is the best team in their side of the bracket. I’m assuming a rematch with Cal on Wednesday night followed by a semi-final matchup with Lock Haven. I’ve never believed in Lock Haven despite their record. The biggest challenge will be playing on their floor. Keep in mind in the first meeting that IUP lost by 11 they were playing short-handed and Maria Cerro was in a boot. That game was tied after three quarters even without Cerro being available. They did have Preston who they likely won’t have this time, however.

Then there’s the other possible scenario where IUP loses to Cal in the quarterfinals. That would certainly move Cal ahead of IUP in the regional rankings and now suddenly a ticket to the dance would be in question. Even if they did get in they’d be playing a #1 or #2 seed and it could be a quick exit. In other words, IUP absolutely needs a win on Wednesday night.
              Cal has to get to Indiana, first. I think they will, but Seton Hill has played them tight twice this year.

Side note: I bet Carey gets a bigger gate Wednesday than Joe gets tomorrow.

Comment

Women played with a lot more fire yesterday. They win by 10 with the same energy earlier in the week against Cal. Looks like they’re going to get a chance to redeem themselves.

I'm not sure about Lock Haven, either. The East was really bad this year on the women's side. The day IUP lost there they only dressed 7 players. I think they'd do quite well in a rematch. But, they have to get to Saturday first.

Comment

• I think the ladies are going to win this one by 10 or close to it. They were better than Cal for three halves this year and the one they weren’t better they totally let off the gas. I think they learned from that and you can expect to see a big effort tonight. A win essentially guarantees IUP a spot in the regional. The loser might be sweating.

Comment

• First quarter ... total disaster

IUP looks turtle slow.

Comment

• Cal 27
                      IUP 26

Half

IUP was down 16 at one point before taking control in the second quarter.

Comment

• A great coach just beat a terrible coach.

Wowsers

Amazing he let that game go.

Comment

• Who was it on here that said the IUP women could win the PSAC?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
                            Who was it on here that said the IUP women could win the PSAC?
                            Not I

Comment

• What a lousy effort

Comment

• Maybe someday Carey will learn how to coach in game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X