Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Nothing was ever good enough for her and her family!
    She bailed out at Alderson Broaddus this year as an assistant coach. She didn't even last two months into the season.

Comment

• Jalen Stewart // Seton Hill

Comment

• Patrick Cartier (Hillsdale) is going to be interesting. I'm curious to see where he lands. Not sure he's a 'D1' guy -- but, he's probably on the fringe.

I'd assume every elite D2 program is trying to reach him today.

Skilled bigs like him are hard to to find. Guards fall more in to the 'dime a dozen' grouping at some point -- there are way more quality guards on the market than 5-tool post players.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Patrick Cartier (Hillsdale) is going to be interesting. I'm curious to see where he lands. Not sure he's a 'D1' guy -- but, he's probably on the fringe.

I'd assume every elite D2 program is trying to reach him today.

Skilled bigs like him are hard to to find. Guards fall more in to the 'dime a dozen' grouping at some point -- there are way more quality guards on the market than 5-tool post players.
          Totally agree. Every D2 program in the country should put in a phone call. But I'm not sure he's D1 material. He might be trying to follow the Ryan Hawkins model, but I don't think his game is as well rounded as Hawk's was.

Comment

• Ibrahim Komara // Clarion

Adnan Sbai // Seton Hill

Comment

• The new guy at Seton Hill will at least have a fresh start. He'll need about 10 players.

Comment

• Former Glenville State player Nick Edward's has signed with Valparaiso.

Comment

• It is likely that Glenville State will have at least two guys sign with Division 1 programs. And Tommy Williams will sign with a quality D2 program.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                    It is likely that Glenville State will have at least two guys sign with Division 1 programs. And Tommy Williams will sign with a quality D2 program.
                    John Williams is certainly a D1 talent. And Tommy Williams is a quality D2 piece. I just didn't see Edwards as a D1 talent. It'll be interesting to see if he makes an impact at Valpo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

John Williams is certainly a D1 talent. And Tommy Williams is a quality D2 piece. I just didn't see Edwards as a D1 talent. It'll be interesting to see if he makes an impact at Valpo.

With all that perceived talent it makes one wonder why in the freak they were a 12-16 team. Just a guess but I'd guess 'team' may not be the best choice of words.

Comment

With all that perceived talent it makes one wonder why in the freak they were a 12-16 team. Just a guess but I'd guess 'team' may not be the best choice of words.
                        W/L is sooooo 1980's! A better measure of a teams quality is their advanced stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

W/L is sooooo 1980's! A better measure of a teams quality is their advanced stats.
                          Lol

Comment

Lol
                            Hahahaha!! Silly me...I misstakenly still think the final score on the score board and a teams final W/L record are pretty good measures of a teams quality!

Just my humble opinion...Advanced stats are nothing more than the "seasoning" that helps you understand the how and why of a team. Unfortuanatly, fans now days mistake them as the main course of the meal when W/L and the score on the score board should be their true focus.

Comment

Several factors hurt glenville.
                              - they had a strong pg who was injured most/all of the season. Absence hurt them badly against pressure
                              -Although they tried to play like wlu, they did not have the quality depth to compete every night.
                              - Their team passing skills were suspect. But they had some d1 talent in the 1v1 offense category, which is often (not always) prized in d1 more than team passing skills. Huggins was pulling his hair out over the lack of passing skills by his elite scorers.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Hahahaha!! Silly me...I misstakenly still think the final score on the score board and a teams final W/L record are pretty good measures of a teams quality!

Just my humble opinion...Advanced stats are nothing more than the "seasoning" that helps you understand the how and why of a team. Unfortuanatly, fans now days mistake them as the main course of the meal when W/L and the score on the score board should be their true focus.

The KCAC crowd typically picks one player a night to go after. One in particular this year played for an average team but seems to think he should be at North Carolina. Long story short, his team was losing by 25-30 points and he's yelling back at the crowd "I get mine."

He got his 20 points. And, his team lost by about 35.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X