Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Exodus from Mercyhurst (and not from the hockey team):

Ajayi
    Bradley
    Chambers
    Galla
    Sandy
    Wow. What a symbol of the Portal Era. Gary was typically able to run a very stable program over the years to my knowledge. If he's susceptible to the lure of the Portal, no program is safe. It's a tough biz right now.

Comment

Ajayi
      Bradley
      Chambers
      Galla
      Sandy
      I know I should probably revel in the misfortune of my team’s current biggest rival, but this ticks me off. I really hate the state of college sports right now.

Comment

With only 5 players on the floor, kids feel they can make a difference going somewhere else...Perhaps they too fail to realize that basketball is a team sport...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I know I should probably revel in the misfortune of my team’s current biggest rival, but this ticks me off. I really hate the state of college sports right now.
          Wow, When you see a strong D2 program like Lakers going through this, nobody appears to be safe. It makes me appreciate the loyalty of the four veterans (two of them grad students) who came back to play for Ship this season a lot more.

Comment

Ajayi
            Bradley
            Chambers
            Galla
            Sandy
            Bradley, Chambers, and Sandy are seniors graduating so not surprising and they could be back like McIntosh and Lang last year (both entered portal only to return to Hurst for grad year). Chambers has 2 years left and I would suspect he goes somewhere to play more. The kid can shoot.... Bradley perhaps tests waters and comes back (but he sure as hell will get A LOT of interest). But Ajayi in portal is huge and makes me agree with previous posters. At micro level this is bad, very bad, for Gary. At macro level, I think this is bad for college hoops. But that's certainly just my opinion.

Comment

Ajayi
              Bradley
              Chambers
              Galla
              Sandy
              It's not an exodus. Ajayi is the only one that raises an eyebrow. The others all follow the same pattern as last year. I'd suspect at least a couple of those players aren't getting any scholarship money either.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I agree. That's a rough situation. By all accounts, Manchel is a good dude and guys have really liked playing for him over the years. That's something.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I agree. That's a rough situation. By all accounts, Manchel is a good dude and guys have really liked playing for him over the years. That's something.
                  It'll be interesting to see where Ajayi goes. I thought he was a good young player, but certainly needed more polish at this point.

Comment

Burton - East Stroudsburg
                    Clancy - Gannon
                    Kelly - Mansfield
                    Sitter - Edinboro

Comment

BIG news on the women's side. Edinboro All-American Rana Elhusseini has entered the portal as a grad transfer.

Comment

Covington from ESU

Comment

Jeremiah Keene from Charleston.

Comment

Acknowledging the risk of saying something, Danny Sancomb seems to be doing a better job of retaining his recruits. Anxious to see who he comes up with for '23-'24.

Comment

Toure from Ship

Comment

Some big names from the PSAC but not many. Most of these guys I've never heard of ...

Portal Season has been rough on the Erie Catholic schools ... The Lake Show in particular. Gannon may have got rid of some bad apples.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X