Start stretching they’re going to need you

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He quit last year in November.
          I guess that explains my initial reaction to this being, “Who?”

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I guess that explains my initial reaction to this being, “Who?”
            He dressed for the first 3-4 games then became like a glorified team manager or something.

Comment

• Gannon's Demetrius Mims looking for his 4th school.

Comment

• Mims / Gannon

He's an attractive player. One year left.

He went to GU from Towson (and I think somewhere else before Towson).

Wonder if he'll stay down here in the bus leagues or try and go low-major?

Very strong defensive player and slasher (and a 6'5" guard).

Comment

• Bryce Butler committed to College of Charleston.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
                    Bryce Butler committed to College of Charleston.
                    West Liberty South - College of Charleston
                    West Liberty Deep South - Nova Southeastern

Comment

Mims / Gannon

He's an attractive player. One year left.

He went to GU from Towson (and I think somewhere else before Towson).

Wonder if he'll stay down here in the bus leagues or try and go low-major?

Very strong defensive player and slasher (and a 6'5" guard).
                      Somewhere in California. One of the greater Los Angeles Cal State I think. Fullerton?

Comment

West Liberty South - College of Charleston
                        West Liberty Deep South - Nova Southeastern
                        WLU is more like CofC's farm team. They have "called up" a player every year for the last three years. Who's on-deck for call-up after next season? My money is on Ben Sarson.

The new montra for college basketball...If you're not good enough to recruit them yourself, just steal them from someone who is.

Comment

• Error

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Somewhere in California. One of the greater Los Angeles Cal State I think. Fullerton?
                            Long Beach State 2018-19

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Long Beach State 2018-19
                              Mims is a tough player. You know you're getting a one-year mercenary at this point. I'd be shocked if he stays in D2.

Comment

• It's interesting the number of players continuing to enter the portal on a daily basis. Many of these players' teams played their last game 6-7 weeks ago.

I suppose in some instances said team signed a new transfer and the snowball effect is the returning player sees the writing on the wall (i.e. one comes in and one goes out). Many players get 'cut' or have their scholarship pulled (i.e. Lombardi cleaning house). I'd just have to assume the top wave of players enter immediately (or very close) after their last game of the season.

Demetrius Mims from Gannon is a perfect example. Gannon's season ended at the end of February. He just went in this week (a couple weeks after his coach was canned and a couple days before GU named its new coach). Odd timing. Add to it all his teammates went in weeks ago. His phone is likely blowing up regardless.

I've also noticed far fewer basketball players flaunt offers on social media compared to football players -- especially at the D2 level. For instance, I know of at least 5 transfer players who have visited IUP in the past three weeks. Surely at least 3 of them got actual offers while here. Yet, not one has made a single comment on social media. I almost wonder if the offer comes with a non-disclosure of sorts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X