Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it will boil down to the precise wording of the appointment letter. If it is worded as "this is an extension of the contract," Gannon could be on the hook for what it says in the original contract...if it makes clear that it is a wholly separate agreement, then Gannon will probably prevail...if it is mushy and unclear about being separate from the original contract and can be interpreted either way...both sides will probably settle.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that both sides quietly settle for 12 months and move on. That's the way these things usually work out. Only people that win by pushing this to the bitter end is the lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Sounded to me like a settlement case from Day 1.
      The big ticket of the case is going to be the off the court behavior. Apparently, there were some MAJOR occurrences by players (way bigger than the Boro Bump). For example, Ian McNeil was removed from the team TWICE for violating school conduct. (He played in KJs second year and disappeared about January), then played this year and disappeared in December.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

The big ticket of the case is going to be the off the court behavior. Apparently, there were some MAJOR occurrences by players (way bigger than the Boro Bump). For example, Ian McNeil was removed from the team TWICE for violating school conduct. (He played in KJs second year and disappeared about January), then played this year and disappeared in December.
        Ian McNeil is literally 26 years old and shouldn’t be on a college roster anyways!

Let’s not forget about the Alfonso Pickens situation.

Oh heck, even Jefferson’s son had a ton of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Ian McNeil is literally 26 years old and shouldn’t be on a college roster anyways!

OH what is Pickens situation? I've heard there was some issue but never heard what.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Fee has an actual contract. Gannon knew what they were doing with the appointment to Jefferson. They had no definite reason to get rid of him yet., but were working on it. Jefferson was stupid for accepting the appointment. My guess they'll settle out of court for less than what is owed or Gannon wins
            Might not have been a smart move on Jefferson's part, but I still don't think Gannon comes out looking great in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Might not have been a smart move on Jefferson's part, but I still don't think Gannon comes out looking great in this.
              Lol nope, and they clearly fed the story to the paper. Says everything you need to know. 14-13 was better than Reillys last two years, and yet after a worse following season, whether a contract or letter, you were willing to extend. And each season he had massive turnover, especially the last two. Plus 3 you KNEW about and celebrated on senior day, and 1 was literally one of the greatest sources of problematic behavior (have fun Slippery Rock).

The portal is hitting tons of schools. Look at Nova ffs Lisa!

Comment

So other people have asked with no response, exactly what was the "Alfonso Pickens situation"?

Comment

Originally posted by gman16506 View Post

So other people have asked with no response, exactly what was the "Alfonso Pickens situation"?
                  It's public record

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's public record
                    Many thanks for the guidance, but a simple google search revealed nothing except his very limited Gannon basketball highlights (lol). The Erie County Legal Journal did show a real estate problem back in 2014, but I assume that must have been a family member. So what am I missing or doing wrong in my attempt to learn more about the situation that you referred to in the past. TY.

Comment

Many thanks for the guidance, but a simple google search revealed nothing except his very limited Gannon basketball highlights (lol). The Erie County Legal Journal did show a real estate problem back in 2014, but I assume that must have been a family member. So what am I missing or doing wrong in my attempt to learn more about the situation that you referred to in the past. TY.
                      Very serious fight on campus in September 2022 between Pickens and I believe another Gannon player. Misdemeanor assault and harassment charges against Pickens. His attorney has successfully pushed the preliminary hearing back several times. Next scheduled date is May 31, 2023. The wheels of justice move as well as a rollaway dumpster.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Very serious fight on campus in September 2022 between Pickens and I believe another Gannon player. Misdemeanor assault and harassment charges against Pickens. His attorney has successfully pushed the preliminary hearing back several times. Next scheduled date is May 31, 2023. The wheels of justice move as well as a rollaway dumpster.
                        Thank you so much for the information......really appreciate it!!!

Comment

Thank you so much for the information......really appreciate it!!!
                          You could’ve had that info back in Oct. There was more to that story but that’s enough for this board.

Comment

You could’ve had that info back in Oct. There was more to that story but that’s enough for this board.
                            Correct. That was the PG version.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X