Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said at the begining of this conversation, I think it will be Lamberti.

He left his job after a half hour to take the Coker job so I don't see any issue with him leaving Coker after a year.

Gannon isn't going to hire the other names mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Like I said at the begining of this conversation, I think it will be Lamberti.

He left his job after a half hour to take the Coker job so I don't see any issue with him leaving Coker after a year.

Gannon isn't going to hire the other names mentioned.
      Wow!!! Easton Bazzoli just named Gannon's head basketball coach.........have no idea if this is good or bad hire. Given the timing, this "transfer of power" has been in the works for a while.

Comment

You also said Crutch would never leave.

Ben's salary isn't good. For his success he should be making double. I wouldn't rule it out.
        I did...But there is a HUGE difference between leaving WLU to go to the warmth and sunshine of South Florida (not to mention the nearly unlimited (in DII terms) at Nova) and leaving WLU to go to the frozen shores of Lake Erie!!! I lived a couple of years up by lake Erie...NOT somthing I want to repeat and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!!

Comment

Originally posted by gman16506 View Post

Wow!!! Easton Bazzoli just named Gannon's head basketball coach.........have no idea if this is good or bad hire. Given the timing, this "transfer of power" has been in the works for a while.
          Who the hell is Easton Bazzoli?

Comment

Who the hell is Easton Bazzoli?
            Assistant coach at Gannon under Fee and as I understand it, did much of the recruiting and game planning. Typical stuff that head assistants do........time will tell if this a good move or a hasty decision by the Athletic Director.

Comment

Assistant coach at Gannon under Fee and as I understand it, did much of the recruiting and game planning. Typical stuff that head assistants do........time will tell if this a good move or a hasty decision by the Athletic Director.
              Well it should prevent the mass exodous to the portal that usually follows a coach leaving.

Comment

Seems that way. Bazzoli has one year in the WLU Style...As Fee's assistant at Gannon last year. Was an assistant at Union University. Union was a decent team but I wouldn't call them an offensive juggernaut. Does one year of outstanding success as an Assistant give him the chops to continue to run the WLU Style at a high level? Much will be told by who his Assistant(s) are.

Comment

This had to of been in the works for months. No other explanation.

Comment

Not a surprise. The fact of how amicable everything was and in Fees farewell he said "I'm leaving Gannon in great hands and will always be here for everyone"... assumed the next guy was already lined up.

Rather him than external so better chance of keeping players and recruits considering Bazzoli us the one that recruited them all

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Not a surprise. The fact of how amicable everything was and in Fees farewell he said "I'm leaving Gannon in great hands and will always be here for everyone"... assumed the next guy was already lined up.

Rather him than external so better chance of keeping players and recruits considering Bazzoli us the one that recruited them all
                      Whitley and Omojafo just went in the Portal.

However, they were KJ recruits.

Comment

Whitley is not a great loss but Obojafo was a starter who averaged 20 PPG. Actually four of the five starters will not be back next year (three grad transfers plus Obojafo). Only returning starter is James. The other 8 returners collectively had 5 starts and averaged between 8 and 1.4 PPG.

Fee KILLED it in the Grad Transfer "portal."

Comment

Rumors are Omajafo is eyeing D1. I just don't think he'll fare well at that level. He was a very good D2 player, but not dominant.

Comment

Speaking of 'gone', the Tropicana (Vegas) closed yesterday. Talk about the end of an era.

It's one of the last dinosaurs on the strip and will soon be demolished.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I did...But there is a HUGE difference between leaving WLU to go to the warmth and sunshine of South Florida (not to mention the nearly unlimited (in DII terms) at Nova) and leaving WLU to go to the frozen shores of Lake Erie!!! I lived a couple of years up by lake Erie...NOT somthing I want to repeat and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!!
                              Nova is in a different world than most D2 schools, certainly than most of those in the PSAC. During the title game, it was announced that enrollment there is 20,000. That's larger than a helluva lot of schools playing D1 ball. Minnesota State's enrollment is 14,000. These are basically large colleges playing small-college ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Nova is in a different world than most D2 schools, certainly than most of those in the PSAC. During the title game, it was announced that enrollment there is 20,000. That's larger than a helluva lot of schools playing D1 ball. Minnesota State's enrollment is 14,000. These are basically large colleges playing small-college ball.
                                I'd venture to guess they'll be moving up soon.

Going to school there (compared to our campuses) is just on a different level.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X