Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Recruiting

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    If I remember correct, we offered him first or at least early, of course we could have offered Lebron out of high school as well so doesn't mean he ever thought about coming.

Not that it necessarily means a whole lot, but if we lose it on recruits I like when I can see that it is a high caliber player. At least it means the sights on locked in on the right talent and you have high expectations. Getting any of them of course is more beneficial, ha
    Also not as bad as having them verbally committed, then watching them de-commit as their stock continues to rise. (RIP alternate universe Augustana version of Jaeden King...we barely knew ye...)

Comment

Another pickup for Winona. Good raves by those in the know on twitter. Warriors seem to be picking up some really good players. Look out.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tanner-brandt

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        Another pickup for Winona. Good raves by those in the know on twitter. Warriors seem to be picking up some really good players. Look out.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tanner-brandt
        Be careful there, Dan, you know it's not okay to say nice things about the WSU men's team right now. :)

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
          Be careful there, Dan, you know it's not okay to say nice things about the WSU men's team right now. :)
          Hey, I think you must be mistaking me for WSUFamily.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
            You guys are definitely back on the rise. It doesn't hurt that you no longer have a bottom-2 facility to play in.....

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
              Hey, I think you must be mistaking me for WSUFamily.
              Thats right. Its not ok for someone to be upset about shady business going on behind those doors at WSU. Keep telling yourself that you have a athletic department and staff with morals that are looking out for the best interest of kids. This staff is doing a bang up job. 19 wins and a loss to a Duluth team that let the coach go. Great day to be a Warrior!!!!

I wont go any where fellas so lets keep this going!!!

Any Stanger that crap facility won 2 national championships so maybe we should go back to that set up as it seemed to work. At least then you could get the students to show up.

Until next year. Peace out

Comment

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post
                Thats right. Its not ok for someone to be upset about shady business going on behind those doors at WSU. Keep telling yourself that you have a athletic department and staff with morals that are looking out for the best interest of kids. This staff is doing a bang up job. 19 wins and a loss to a Duluth team that let the coach go. Great day to be a Warrior!!!!

Any Stanger that crap facility won 2 national championships so maybe we should go back to that set up as it seemed to work. At least then you could get the students to show up.

For what its worth, I didn't think Winona's place was bad to begin with. IMO, if felt like a nice facility (for basketball) than Mary, Crookston, Moorhead, Wayne, Duluth, Concordia...just from what I've seen or experienced. Again, just my opinion but I didn't think it was bad in the first place.

Comment

At least then you could get the students to show up.
                  Is it just me, or is this a problem everywhere?

Comment

There we go. That's the what I was waiting for. You know, let's air more of your dirty clothes in the recruiting thread. Well done!

Comment

They only showed up because they were winning.

Look the year before the title run. A 24-win team averaged 1,100 fans. Where were the students then?

The fans were the only reason that McCown was ever a great environment to play in. Once they went away because the team wasn't winning championships, the gameday environment went from Top 5 in the NSIC to Bottom 5.

Comment

For what its worth, I didn't think Winona's place was bad to begin with. IMO, if felt like a nice facility (for basketball) than Mary, Crookston, Moorhead, Wayne, Duluth, Concordia...just from what I've seen or experienced. Again, just my opinion but I didn't think it was bad in the first place.
                        Did you only go there during the Winona run to national titles? If so, that's a completely different experience. The facility itself was on par with those places, at best. At least most of those other places threw out the wooden bleachers a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                          Did you only go there during the Winona run to national titles? If so, that's a completely different experience. The facility itself was on par with those places, at best. At least most of those other places threw out the wooden bleachers a long time ago.
                          I did, but I wasn't talking about atmosphere, I just didn't feel it was a bad place.
                          Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 04-12-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                            It is, but I think it was magnified at Winona.

2004-05: 1,147
                            2005-06: 1,887
                            2006-07: 3,377
                            2007-08: 2,500
                            2008-09: 1,441

The seasons bookending the three national title games in the middle were still 24-win teams, so it's not like it was a bad product. Fans just didn't care. That first season number actually drops to 900 if you take out the NSIC Tournament.

Comment

I did, but I want talking about atmosphere, I just didn't feel it was a bad place.
                              Oh, the atmosphere was great, no doubt. But as someone who was there both during and before the national title runs, I got to experience both sides of it. First time I went to a game there, it was a whopping 600-person crowd. Completely changes everything!

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                                I'd say this is a problem everywhere. And not just at schools having losing seasons, but plus twenty win seasons as well. There has been a change in society and I don't have an answer on how to solve it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X