Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Mavericks - 2017/2018

Originally posted by laker View Post
    I would assume that the NDSU transfer would be slated for the 5 position. As to the replacement for Brown at the 1, apparently Ahrenholz or whatever incoming freshman excels at the position. Though there may be other transfer signings in the works, of course. I have not heard of any current underclassmen leaving the program as yet; though that could still happen before next fall.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
      I would assume that the NDSU transfer would be slated for the 5 position. As to the replacement for Brown at the 1, apparently Ahrenholz or whatever incoming freshman excels at the position. Though there may be other transfer signings in the works, of course. I have not heard of any current underclassmen leaving the program as yet; though that could still happen before next fall.
      I believe they'd like to see the FR from Columbus, OH take over at the 1 next year. May see a little of Carlos Anderson there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
        I believe they'd like to see the FR from Columbus, OH take over at the 1 next year. May see a little of Carlos Anderson there too.
        Both very possible. Anderson is very quick and athletic, and good height. I can see him effective at that position.

Comment

Paris Parham is coming to MSU. Yes, he is the son of the Paris Parham who played in the 90s for the Mavs.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2018/5/...ball-team.aspx

Comment

Paris Parham is coming to MSU. Yes, he is the son of the Paris Parham who played in the 90s for the Mavs.

Good height for a guard at 6'5". I recall Paris Sr. being a very effective point guard for the Mavs back in the 90's; also later as an assistant coach with MSU.

Comment

Good height for a guard at 6'5". I recall Paris Sr. being a very effective point guard for the Mavs back in the 90's; also later as an assistant coach with MSU.
              Paris SR was a very skilled PG who had excellent court vision. He was fun to watch and also a quality individual. Hopefully Paris JR can brin some of that as well, even though he'll play off the ball.

Comment

Paris SR was a very skilled PG who had excellent court vision. He was fun to watch and also a quality individual. Hopefully Paris JR can brin some of that as well, even though he'll play off the ball.
                Agree. I remember being at a game at South Dakota State where Paris Sr. basically took over the game in the last 4 minutes and helped the Mavs defeat the Jackrabbits. I recall him as being very personable when he was an assistant at MSU.

Comment

So matt was on KFAN today with Dan Barreiro. Some statements(lies) that I found interesting.

--First he was talking about the quality of the league, he mentioned Northern getting to the Championship this year and that winona had a run a few years back where they were dominant in Div. II....Ahem, Matt, how about that natty won by Augie recently. No respect at all.

--When asked about the atmosphere at taylor center, his response was "its very good, we average about 2000 per game and the fans enjoy the ball." Out and out lie, they averaged 908 this season and taylor mores resembles a morgue. Except when the Southwest fans make the trip and take over the place.

--He takes pride in the fact that kids come to msu to graduate. Of course that is until he brings in a 1 yr D I drop and he runs the high school kid off. I'd love to see some actual numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                    So matt was on KFAN today with Dan Barreiro. Some statements(lies) that I found interesting.

--First he was talking about the quality of the league, he mentioned Northern getting to the Championship this year and that winona had a run a few years back where they were dominant in Div. II....Ahem, Matt, how about that natty won by Augie recently. No respect at all.

--When asked about the atmosphere at taylor center, his response was "its very good, we average about 2000 per game and the fans enjoy the ball." Out and out lie, they averaged 908 this season and taylor mores resembles a morgue. Except when the Southwest fans make the trip and take over the place.

--He takes pride in the fact that kids come to msu to graduate. Of course that is until he brings in a 1 yr D I drop and he runs the high school kid off. I'd love to see some actual numbers.
                    You seem to know everything about MSU, so why don't you give the actual numbers?
                    Of course, everyone knows that St. Cloud State's athletic programs are, and have always been, of the highest standards of excellence.....:(

Comment

Regarding the attendance numbers, since you know him so well you should have been able to pick up the sarcasm in his voice. He also emphasized, "AT MOST".

I did chuckle when I heard that because I knew, predictably, that you would rag on him. Surprised you kept your drivel to 3 points.

We get it though. There's nothing worth talking about at St Cloud.

Comment

You seem to know everything about MSU, so why don't you give the actual numbers?
                        Of course, everyone knows that St. Cloud State's athletic programs are, and have always been, of the highest standards of excellence.....:(
                        He did. https://mnsu_ftp.sidearmsports.com/c...8/teamcume.htm

Technically he was off by 1. It was 909 a game for home attendance last year.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                          He did. https://mnsu_ftp.sidearmsports.com/c...8/teamcume.htm

Technically he was off by 1. It was 909 a game for home attendance last year.
                          He's referring to the graduation numbers.

Comment

We get it though. There's nothing worth talking about at St Cloud.
                            Yup, nothing at all other than the fact that we swept you guys last season, and finished with a better record, both in conference, 17-5 to 16-6 and overall 24-9 to 24-10. And you won't find our coach going on a major market radio station and stating out and out lies. Oh and guaranteeing a National title for msu.

Comment

Yup, nothing at all other than the fact that we swept you guys last season, and finished with a better record, both in conference, 17-5 to 16-6 and overall 24-9 to 24-10. And you won't find our coach going on a major market radio station and stating out and out lies. Oh and guaranteeing a National title for msu.
                              Before last season, Reimer was 50-42. Will Reimer need Schlagel to hold his hand again this year?

Comment

Mavs win NSIC all sports award.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2018/5/...rts-award.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X