Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Mavericks - 2017/2018

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    So matt was on KFAN today with Dan Barreiro. Some statements(lies) that I found interesting.

--First he was talking about the quality of the league, he mentioned Northern getting to the Championship this year and that winona had a run a few years back where they were dominant in Div. II....Ahem, Matt, how about that natty won by Augie recently. No respect at all.

--When asked about the atmosphere at taylor center, his response was "its very good, we average about 2000 per game and the fans enjoy the ball." Out and out lie, they averaged 908 this season and taylor mores resembles a morgue. Except when the Southwest fans make the trip and take over the place.

--He takes pride in the fact that kids come to msu to graduate. Of course that is until he brings in a 1 yr D I drop and he runs the high school kid off. I'd love to see some actual numbers.
    Well if you're going to lie might as well make it a whopper! concerning attendance. Generally I do not pay much attention to coaches but, Margenthaler is one guy that is easy to dislike.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
      Will Reimer need Schlagel to hold his hand again this year?
      He was an interim last season, filling in for Mahmoud Abdelfattah, who left the program in early November. Casey Bruggeman has since filled the position.

Comment

Comment

Transfers are becoming about as common in basketball as layups these days. Bummer for the Mavs.

On the plus side, as long Krieger is back and Margenthaler brings in his customary 2-3 transfers (D1 or D2), you guys will still be a top 5-6 team in the conference. And Kirksey will be solid too.

Comment

http://www.sj-r.com/sports/20180616/...asketball-team

Cole Harper is apparently transferring for personal reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post
              http://www.sj-r.com/sports/20180616/...asketball-team

Cole Harper is apparently transferring for personal reasons.
              It was initially surprising to hear of his transfer but it made a lot of sense when it was revealed where he was headed. Good luck to Cole next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                Transfers are becoming about as common in basketball as layups these days. Bummer for the Mavs.

On the plus side, as long Krieger is back and Margenthaler brings in his customary 2-3 transfers (D1 or D2), you guys will still be a top 5-6 team in the conference. And Kirksey will be solid too.
                They should be top 3 in the conference this season. Of course the emphasis is on should, but they'll have plenty back and coming in. Krieger is on track to be one of the top players in the conference this year.

Comment

It was initially surprising to hear of his transfer but it made a lot of sense when it was revealed where he was headed. Good luck to Cole next year.
                  I expect and look forward to Krieger, Kirksey, and Anderson in the starting five. Hopefully someone can replace Brown at the one.

Comment

They should be top 3 in the conference this season. Of course the emphasis is on should, but they'll have plenty back and coming in. Krieger is on track to be one of the top players in the conference this year.
                    I was originally going to say top 3-5. I'd be surprised if they weren't top 5, unless some of the yet-unknown transfers are major busts.

Comment

I expect and look forward to Krieger, Kirksey, and Anderson in the starting five. Hopefully someone can replace Brown at the one.
                      Don't forget about the big shoes of Isaac Kreuer that needs to be filled.

Comment

Nixon as well. And I imagine Dylan Miller (6'8" transfer from NDSU) will be there too. However I think Anderson will remain off the bench and the PG from Northern Iowa will start.

Starting five prediction:
                        Juwan McCloud
                        Kevin Krieger
                        Paris Parham Jr. or Jamal Nixon
                        Cameron Kirksey
                        Dylan Miller

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                          His shoes were so big, even he couldn't fill them.

Comment

His shoes were so big, even he couldn't fill them.
                            Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                              I heard hes already locked down the role of Ish's bowling prodigy nephew in Kingpin 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                                I heard hes already locked down the role of Ish's bowling prodigy nephew in Kingpin 2.
                                I saw the entire Kingpin movie for the first time last night. Vanessa Angel was fantastic.

On the recruiting front, I just saw this on Twitter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X