• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Mavericks - 2017/2018

Krieger Receives CoSIDA Academic All-District Honors

http://msumavericks.com/news/2018/2/...ct-honors.aspx

Comment

Brown and Krieger get all-NSIC first team.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2018/2/...am-honors.aspx

Comment

You're welcome, but sorry about Isaac Kreuer. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
          You're welcome, but sorry about Isaac Kreuer. ;)
          Definitely glad that Brown transferred to MSU. Excellent player, and great attitude.

Comment

Let's go back sixty years- Feb. 23,1958 to the Valley gymnasium after MSU wins a game.

No, that isn't me that they are carrying off the court on their shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              Let's go back sixty years- Feb. 23,1958 to the Valley gymnasium after MSU wins a game.

No, that isn't me that they are carrying off the court on their shoulders.

Bet you would trade the palace for Valley Gym if you could pack them in like that again. Those were the days I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Bet you would trade the palace for Valley Gym if you could pack them in like that again. Those were the days I guess.
                I have talked to the woman who was the basketball coach in the mid 80s. I had her for an Officiating Women's Basketball class back in 1976. She said that she loved playing there and that the floor was much better than Otto Arena, which was where the men played. I can't remember when the women made the move up the hill from the Valley campus but they were still down there in the 70s. When they won the NCC in 86 I was in grad school and I would watch them in Otto.

Comment

Interesting picture. Amazing how different the styles of then are from today.

Comment

Chad Courrier
                    ?

@ChadCourrier
                    2m2 minutes ago
                    More
                    Kendrix, Brown, Anderson named to all-tournament team.

Comment

I don't recall many people, if any, that had MSU in the regional championship game this season. Next year would be their year to make noise, I though. Hopefully they build off the postseason and take that experience into next year. Obviously they'll miss Charlie Brown though...

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                        I don't recall many people, if any, that had MSU in the regional championship game this season. Next year would be their year to make noise, I though. Hopefully they build off the postseason and take that experience into next year. Obviously they'll miss Charlie Brown though...
                        When I watched them play St Cloud at MSU at Thanksgiving I didn't think that they would make the postseason. Regional runnerup is quite an accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          When I watched them play St Cloud at MSU at Thanksgiving I didn't think that they would make the postseason. Regional runnerup is quite an accomplishment.
                          And to think if not for a desperation three early in the conference tourney they would not likely have been in the Regional at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                            And to think if not for a desperation three early in the conference tourney they would not likely have been in the Regional at all.
                            Yes. Losing what, 4 of the last 5 games of the regular season didn't look very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                              They surprised me, to be sure. A lot of good talent back next year. Brown will be especially difficult to replace at the one. Kendrix was a solid addition this season, also Kruer gave the Mavs some depth inside. Hopefully Kirksey recovers from his knee injury sustained in the Northwest game.

Comment

Mavs sign two:

http://msumavericks.com/news/2018/4/...ball-team.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X