Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU Mavericks - 2017/2018

Roster is posted and appears no Connor Murrell (redshirted last year) or Baily Williams (previous walk on) this year. Has to be one of the younger Maverick teams outside the lost year that will not be mentioned. But this team will also have plenty of experience as well as length & athleticism.

Let the race for 2nd in the Central Region begin!!!

Re: MSU Mavericks - 2017/2018

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Roster is posted and appears no Connor Murrell (redshirted last year) or Baily Williams (previous walk on) this year. Has to be one of the younger Maverick teams outside the lost year that will not be mentioned. But this team will also have plenty of experience as well as length & athleticism.

Let the race for 2nd in the Central Region begin!!!
    As long as Margenthaper is coaching anything can happen. Here's hoping hoops season is a very successful one and hope I make a few more games

Comment

Former Mav Jarvis Williams was drafted by the Iowa Wolves in the G League Draft.

Comment

Time to bump this thread up.

Mavs sign five girls, including a 6'5 player from Lyle.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2017/11...ng-period.aspx

Comment

To my knowledge, the Mav women's program has never had a 6'5" player, or even close to that. It will be interesting to see how she turns out once she gets to campus next year

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
            To my knowledge, the Mav women's program has never had a 6'5" player, or even close to that. It will be interesting to see how she turns out once she gets to campus next year
            There was a girl from Waseca that had to be pretty close? Forget her name now but I feel like she was 6'4 ish

Comment

Seems to be some doubt around the program this year. I think our biggest test will be coming out of non conference games with less than 2 losses. There are some new names there that while fun to see new competition, I know nothing about so am nervous for early season losses when the NSIC is a very tough competition this year. Especially the way Northern has been looking in exhibition games

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                There was a girl from Waseca that had to be pretty close? Forget her name now but I feel like she was 6'4 ish
                Lexi Ulfers. 6'2"

http://www.msumavericks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5163

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  That's the one. Man I felt like she towered over me and I'm 6 foot

Comment

That's the one. Man I felt like she towered over me and I'm 6 foot
                    I'm 5'11 1/2 and I knew she was taller than me. I talked to her quite often, especially after she blew out her knee and had to come back from surgery. Nice gal, very friendly. I think that her brother played baseball at MSU.

Comment

I'm 5'11 1/2 and I knew she was taller than me. I talked to her quite often, especially after she blew out her knee and had to come back from surgery. Nice gal, very friendly. I think that her brother played baseball at MSU.
                      Makes sense Waseca has always been a baseball/Tennis/Track town that occasionally has a solid year in football. I can remember one spectacular season of basketball for them, when they had the OT thriller to make state.

Comment

Makes sense Waseca has always been a baseball/Tennis/Track town that occasionally has a solid year in football. I can remember one spectacular season of basketball for them, when they had the OT thriller to make state.
                        Oh young grasshopper- you have to add basketball to that list. Tink Larson is famous for Waseca baseball- Manny Beckmann was famous for basketball. 487 wins. MSU great and current Twin coach Gene Glynn started in both baseball and basketball for Waseca and MSU.

http://www.edline.net/pages/Waseca_H...Manny_Beckmann

Comment

Upon further reflection, I recall a player on the women's team more than five years ago that was about 6'3"; maybe even 6"4". But she never played. I believe she was from Sibley East, and had a brother that played Division I.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
                            Upon further reflection, I recall a player on the women's team more than five years ago that was about 6'3"; maybe even 6"4". But she never played. I believe she was from Sibley East, and had a brother that played Division I.
                            The brother was Marshall Bjorklund who was an absolute stud for the Bison. He was the player of the game when they beat Notre Dame. His sister Tera played at Colorado and in the WNBA. Jenny only played one year at MSU and rarely got in.

http://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5328&path=mbball

Comment

Oh young grasshopper- you have to add basketball to that list. Tink Larson is famous for Waseca baseball- Manny Beckmann was famous for basketball. 487 wins. MSU great and current Twin coach Gene Glynn started in both baseball and basketball for Waseca and MSU.

http://www.edline.net/pages/Waseca_H...Manny_Beckmann
                              Yes I knew all that literally being 15 minutes from that town...but if we are talking the past 30 years basketball is not their strong suit

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X