Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Augie's schedule is finally out. No D1 games this year, but still a couple of fun matchups: https://goaugie.com/news/2019/7/29/v...-schedule.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Augie's schedule is finally out. No D1 games this year, but still a couple of fun matchups: https://goaugie.com/news/2019/7/29/v...-schedule.aspx
      They're all D1 games now.

After close examination, hide your eyes MrAugustana, I believe Augie would be the betting favorite in every game except at Duluth and possibly at Kato/Winona.

Comment

Speculation- could this be a move to the Horizon? And if that happens, Augie to the Summit announced in a few months?

Comment

Just watched the press conference for P-FW. Yes, the move to the Horizon is official for 2020-21.

Augie- you are on the clock. Will we wait until December, or maybe the summer of 2020?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            Just watched the press conference for P-FW. Yes, the move to the Horizon is official for 2020-21.

Augie- you are on the clock. Will we wait until December, or maybe the summer of 2020?
            I was told by folks in the league this would likely be the last year of Augie in the NSIC, however there have been posters that have said this isnt possible or something, I don't remember what the reason was.

After hearing the NDSU AD talk the other day Augie checks all the boxes they look for in perspective new members so I think it's kind of a done deal, just a matter of when.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              I was told by folks in the league this would likely be the last year of Augie in the NSIC, however there have been posters that have said this isnt possible or something, I don't remember what the reason was.

After hearing the NDSU AD talk the other day Augie checks all the boxes they look for in perspective new members so I think it's kind of a done deal, just a matter of when.
              If this was Augie's last year in the NSIC it would have been formally announced by now. More than likely Augie will secure a Summit League invite next summer and leave the NSIC following the 2020-21 school year.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                If this was Augie's last year in the NSIC it would have been formally announced by now. More than likely Augie will secure a Summit League invite next summer and leave the NSIC following the 2020-21 school year.
                For what it is worth, this will put the Summit at five baseball and five men's soccer teams losing their autobid in those sports unless a replacement is found.

Comment

When is UND's move to the Summit official?

Comment

I wasn't very clear. I should have said the announcement, not the actual leaving. 21-22 would seem like the likely season to leave.

Comment

For what it is worth, this will put the Summit at five baseball and five men's soccer teams losing their autobid in those sports unless a replacement is found.
                      The Fargo guys said that there is a two year grace period if you drop below the amount, so maybe not a potential rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                        When is UND's move to the Summit official?
                        Last year...

Comment

Last year...
                          Yes. For football in the MVFC it will be next year. This year they are listed as an independent.

Comment

Are you including UMKC in the mens soccer count for the 2020-21 school year?

Comment

Are you including UMKC in the mens soccer count for the 2020-21 school year?
                              Yes. They have soccer but no baseball. My bad.

Comment

Yes. For football in the MVFC it will be next year. This year they are listed as an independent.
                                Ok, that's where I was thinking they weren't in yet.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X