Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augie guts it out 75-66. 17-11 for Schaefer despite missing 5 FTs and 20-16 for Riemersma despite missing three FTs. Cartwright was 2-8 from the field while Todd was 4-19 with some extremely questionable shot selections. Offense is not Wayne's world but Augie showed some defensive mettle down the stretch.

Comment

• Riemersma was a force in the boards, and Schaefer had a great game as well. Really, all the Augie frontcourt players looked great. The limited minutes for Cartwright though were odd. Good win for you guys.

Foul trouble and poor rebounding doomed Wayne. Still think the Wildcats will be a tough team by February but there will be growing pains as this is a thin and young roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by cat fan View Post
        Riemersma was a force in the boards, and Schaefer had a great game as well. Really, all the Augie frontcourt players looked great. The limited minutes for Cartwright though were odd. Good win for you guys.

Foul trouble and poor rebounding doomed Wayne. Still think the Wildcats will be a tough team by February but there will be growing pains as this is a thin and young roster.
        Cartwright is coming back from an injury he suffered out in the East/West Challenge in the Black Hills. I would imagine he was just getting his legs under him more than coming in to play impact minutes. That being said, I'm glad we were able to pull off the win with him only playing limited minutes, as he is a key part (at times the only part, concerningly) of our offense.

Comment

• Based on the way Vishe went down and later limping around the Pentagon last night this is extremely surprising, and exciting, news.

https://twitter.com/DBrownMidcoSN/st...265084416?s=19

Comment

• Well, Augustana jumped into the #21 spot in the NABC top 25 poll. I'm really hoping that this doesn't make that target on our backs any bigger for Crookston on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augie Boy View Post
              Well, Augustana jumped into the #21 spot in the NABC top 25 poll. I'm really hoping that this doesn't make that target on our backs any bigger for Crookston on Friday.
              MrAugustana called, he wants his bit back

Comment

• Originally posted by Augie Boy View Post
                Well, Augustana jumped into the #21 spot in the NABC top 25 poll. I'm really hoping that this doesn't make that target on our backs any bigger for Crookston on Friday.
                Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

MrAugustana called, he wants his bit back
                Yeah, get off my corner, homes.

Comment

• Midco Sports has done a couple of fun features on the Augie basketball team this year. Here's a spot on Adam Dykman coming back after his random string of injuries the past few years:
                  https://twitter.com/MidcoSN/status/1203139564992225280

And another one featuring Michael Schaefer:
                  https://twitter.com/MidcoSN/status/1204913757643689985

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                    Midco Sports has done a couple of fun features on the Augie basketball team this year. Here's a spot on Adam Dykman coming back after his random string of injuries the past few years:
                    https://twitter.com/MidcoSN/status/1203139564992225280

And another one featuring Michael Schaefer:
                    https://twitter.com/MidcoSN/status/1204913757643689985

Comment

• Well they ARE based in Sioux Falls. Do you expect the F/M stations to go in-depth on the rest of the NSIC?

Comment

• It's a shame. The Sioux Falls sports market has been clamoring for info on the basketball team in Bemidji. I'll relay that to Midco. Maybe they can send an intrepid reporter up to Minot too to satiate everyone in Sioux Falls's desire for feature stories on the Beavers.

On the plus side, we're hoping to officially be out of the NSIC's hair in a couple of years anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

It's a shame. The Sioux Falls sports market has been clamoring for info on the basketball team in Bemidji. I'll relay that to Midco. Maybe they can send an intrepid reporter up to Minot too to satiate everyone in Sioux Falls's desire for feature stories on the Beavers.

On the plus side, we're hoping to officially be out of the NSIC's hair in a couple of years anyway.
                          Is true, but they also seem to market themselves as a regional sports network... that looks at the different conferences in the area and not just the Sioux Falls teams. For example, they run stories on und, ndsu, usd, and SDSU, and N.D. and S.D. high school sports. Not as clear to me on what they are doing with the nsic.
                          Last edited by Moorhead123; 12-12-2019, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Is true, but they also seem to market themselves as a regional sports network... that looks at the different conferences in the area and not just the Sioux Falls teams. For example, they run stories on und, ndsu, usd, and SDSU, and N.D. and S.D. high school sports. Not as clear to me on what they are doing with the nsic.
                            It'll pick up with NSIC hoops kicking into gear. They're broadcasting Friday's games in Marshall. They definitely target their coverage closer to home, only traveling outside of Sioux Falls for NSIC games in Aberdeen and Marshall.

http://northernsun.org/news/2019/6/5...n-2019-20.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

DB got your back, Jack.

https://twitter.com/MidcoSN/status/1...201375239?s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X