Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also congrats to incoming Viking Caden Hinker on receiving the 2022 Spirit of Su award from the Argus Leader:

Info about the Spirit of Su award:
    Named in honor of Pine Ridge basketball star SuAnne Big Crow, who died in a car accident on her way to the Miss Basketball Banquet in 1992, the Spirit of Su award recognizes an outstanding senior basketball player from each class who exemplifies the life and achievements of Big Crow, through outstanding athletic ability, leadership, character, sportsmanship and grade point average.

Comment

• Season may be over, but a few more awards have rolled in. Huge congrats to Tyler Riemersma on being named to the NABC Division II All-America Team:

Full story here: https://goaugie.com/news/2022/3/22/m...l-america.aspx

Pretty big deal, as only 16 players total make that team. The only other player from the Central Region to make the team was Trevor Hudgins.

Also, Riemersma gets to play in the Reese's D2 All-Star game this Friday, which is cool:

Full story for that is here: https://goaugie.com/news/2022/3/22/m...star-game.aspx

Comment

• For Augie fans in the area looking for a chance to watch Caden Hinker play, he'll be in a couple of all-star games in the coming weeks:

Comment

• Cody Schilling followed me on Twitter today. I followed him back. I feel pretty cool right now.

Comment

• The last incoming 2022 recruit for Augustana still playing basketball saw his season come to a close tonight. Jackson Loge's Morris Area Tigers lost to powerhouse Minneapolis North in the final four of the Class AA tournament, 71-63. Loge ended the game with 37 points, 14 rebounds, 8 assists, and at least 6-8 blocks. Even if his 8 assists all led to only 2-pointers, it means Loge was (at minimum) responsible for 53 of his team's 63 points. Not a bad last game for his career at all.

I've tried to keep my excitement about this recruiting class more subdued than past recruiting classes so NSU4LIFE can't use my own excitement against me down the road, but if this group doesn't get decimated by the transfer portal in a year or two, it's hard not to feel pretty optimistic about the future of Augustana Basketball. Loge is going to be a fun one to watch for sure.

Comment

• Looks like the best way to slow down Jackson Loge is hack a Loge. 19-40 from the line in the 3 games at state

Comment

• Originally posted by Husky View Post
                Looks like the best way to slow down Jackson Loge is hack a Loge. 19-40 from the line in the 3 games at state
                I knew he had missed a few in the semi-finals. Hadn't seen the full tournament stats for him. I'm sure the Augie coaches will cross that bridge when they get to it. The upside definitely seems to be worth it. :)

Comment

• Sounds like Tyler Riemersma played pretty well in the D2 all-star game yesterday:

Comment

• Incoming Viking Caden Hinker has been named South Dakota Class AA Player of the Year: https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...or/7162132001/

According to the news report from Hinker's hometown (https://kornradio.com/sports/hinker-...-of-the-year):
                    The Augustana recruit led Mitchell to a second consecutive State Tournament appearance this season, while averaging 22.2 points, 9.2 rebounds 3.3 assists and 1.5 blocks per game as a senior.

Hinker set the Mitchell Kernels boys career record for assists with 297. He also finished second in Mitchell history in career points with 1,646, just 78 points behind Mike Miller.

Hinker also set Mitchell single season records this year with 217 defensive rebounds, 161 made field goals, 159 made free throws and 121 assists.

Congrats to Caden. Excited to see what he does on the court for Augie over the next few years.

Comment

• Could any fellow Viking fans answer a question? With Jameson Byran graduating, among the many guards on the roster which if any are ready to be a primary ball handler at point guard. Does anyone know if the staff is actively recruiting a PG. Jameson was a special player who honed his craft and patiently waited for his time.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                        Could any fellow Viking fans answer a question? With Jameson Byran graduating, among the many guards on the roster which if any are ready to be a primary ball handler at point guard. Does anyone know if the staff is actively recruiting a PG. Jameson was a special player who honed his craft and patiently waited for his time.
                        Matt Todd is available

Comment

Could any fellow Viking fans answer a question? With Jameson Byran graduating, among the many guards on the roster which if any are ready to be a primary ball handler at point guard. Does anyone know if the staff is actively recruiting a PG. Jameson was a special player who honed his craft and patiently waited for his time.
                          Rest assured, Texas Tom and co. never STOP recruiting point guards. Not sure who they're actively going after or offered though.

Alex Distras played a lot earlier in the season, I liked what I saw. Otto played a lot of back up point and was certainly capable, but I think he's better suited as a 2 guard.

Comment

Ayden McDonald could get some playing time as a true freshman.

Comment

• The Plitzuweits are moving again

Comment

In my opinion there is about a 75% chance the starting PG for next season has not yet been revealed. An experienced transfer with more than one season left would be ideal.
                                Last edited by Augieholic; 03-31-2022, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X