Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Sorry to the non-Augie fans that couldn't care less about incoming Augie recruits, but for the Augie fans who do find it interesting, a few updates from some recent games.

AJ Plitzuweit of Vermillion, SD, dropped 37 points, 13 boards, 6 assists and 5 steals in a win last night, including a 20-point 2nd quarter. It was against a South Dakota team, so I'm sure simple as a $3 has little to no respect for that statline, but I was impressed nonetheless.

And in case simple was worried about the Vikes going so SD-focused, I have good news from Minnesota (not the Cities, as simple correctly corrected me on). Incoming Viking Michael Schaefer from St. Cloud Cathedral, who was heavily recruited by most of the NSIC schools, dropped 39 points (19-24 from the FT line) on his crosstown rivals last night. So far, Schaefer is averaging 27 ppg after 4 games.

Other updates include Eric Tiedman of Jordan, MN, scoring 19 points in all three games he's played so far for an easy-to-calculate 19 ppg. Dylan LeBrun of Flandreau, SD, put up 32 points and 21 boards in a win last weekend (as mentioned in a previous post) and had 14 points, 14 boards, 6 assists and 3 steals for an average of 23 ppg and 17 rpg to start the year.

Trevor Hanson is the one kid who is particularly hard to find stats for. Believe he had 24 points in his first game and a quiet 10 points, 8 boards in game #2 for Sioux Valley (SD team).

Also, 2019 commit Jaeden King of Cretin-Derham Hall in MN has had a handful of really solid games, especially for only being a junior in the state's biggest class in some high-profile match-ups. His shooting touch is fantastic. He and current Viking Matt Cartwright could be a lethal shooting duo in a few years.

Anyway, I know this probably comes off as an annoying post to non-Augie fans. For example, I don't really care to read about SMSU's recruits when Stanger posts them in the SMSU thread (sorry Stanger), but I know there are Augie fans who might care, and it's fun to see what's coming down the pipeline for the Vikes. And since it's not always easy to gather up the info (it's amazing how little detail certain newspapers include about games/players/points/etc.), I figured throwing it on here from time to time might be helpful for others so they don't have to try to sift and sort through it themselves.

Or maybe I'm the only one who cares. :)
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 12-13-2017, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Sorry to the non-Augie fans that couldn't care less about incoming Augie recruits, but for the Augie fans who do find it interesting, a few updates from some recent games.

AJ Plitzuweit of Vermillion, SD, dropped 37 points, 13 boards, 6 assists and 5 steals in a win last night, including a 20-point 2nd quarter. It was against a South Dakota team, so I'm sure simple as a $3 has little to no respect for that statline, but I was impressed nonetheless.

And in case simple was worried about the Vikes going so SD-focused, I have good news from the Cities. Incoming Viking Michael Schaefer from St. Cloud Cathedral, who was heavily recruited by most of the NSIC schools, dropped 39 points (19-24 from the FT line) on his crosstown rivals last night. So far, Schaefer is averaging 27 ppg after 4 games.

Other updates include Eric Tiedman of Jordan, MN, scoring 19 points in all three games he's played so far for an easy-to-calculate 19 ppg. Dylan LeBrun of Flandreau, SD, put up 32 points and 21 boards in a win last weekend (as mentioned in a previous post) and had 14 points, 14 boards, 6 assists and 3 steals for an average of 23 ppg and 17 rpg to start the year.

Trevor Hanson is the one kid who is particularly hard to find stats for. Believe he had 24 points in his first game and a quiet 10 points, 8 boards in game #2 for Sioux Valley (SD team).

Also, 2019 commit Jaeden King of Cretin-Derham Hall in MN has had a handful of really solid games, especially for only being a junior in the state's biggest class in some high-profile match-ups. His shooting touch is fantastic. He and current Viking Matt Cartwright could be a lethal shooting duo in a few years.

Anyway, I know this probably comes off as an annoying post to non-Augie fans. For example, I don't really care to read about SMSU's recruits when Stanger posts them in the SMSU thread (sorry Stanger), but I know there are Augie fans who might care, and it's fun to see what's coming down the pipeline for the Vikes. And since it's not always easy to gather up the info (it's amazing how little detail certain newspapers include about games/players/points/etc.), I figured throwing it on here from time to time might be helpful for others so they don't have to try to sift and sort through it themselves.

Or maybe I'm the only one who cares. :)
      They still playing on 9' hoops in SD. :)

Cathedral and Jordan are not located in the Cities. Kings numbers are good though as the Cretin schedule is a quality schedule.(Mainly because it against all MN schools :) )

If its annoying to non-Augie fans stop going into the Augie thread and reading. At least it sticks to the topic of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
        If its annoying to non-Augie fans stop going into the Augie thread and reading. At least it sticks to the topic of the thread.
        Probably the least annoying post in this thread tbh. :)

Comment

He!! no you are not the only one who cares. Future Vikings dominating in the high school ranks means a lot to me. Keep the news coming after all this is, The New Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings.

Comment

They still playing on 9' hoops in SD. :)

Cathedral and Jordan are not located in the Cities. Kings numbers are good though as the Cretin schedule is a quality schedule.(Mainly because it against all MN schools :) )

Fair point on the Cities comment. Honestly don't know what I was thinking on that. That being said, I wasn't trying to imply that Jordan was in the Cities necessarily. Just came off that way because Tiedman is the player I posted about next.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
              Well played, GrifFan.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                That was a pretty bad color choice, wasn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  Fair point on the Cities comment. Honestly don't know what I was thinking on that. That being said, I wasn't trying to imply that Jordan was in the Cities necessarily. Just came off that way because Tiedman is the player I posted about next.
                  Yeah well, you know I'm here to clean up your messes. :)

Comment

Yeah well, you know I'm here to clean up your messes. :)
                    Is the GOAT Gage Davis soon to be let out of basketball jail? Is he allowed to practice with team? With his return no other NSIC will challenge your snow dogs, I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                      Is the GOAT Gage Davis soon to be let out of basketball jail? Is he allowed to practice with team? With his return no other NSIC will challenge your snow dogs, I assume.
                      My understanding is davis is off the team for good...

Comment

Augie's ten point win tonight over Wayne was their most balanced and complete effort given the opposition since their Indiana two-step. Jordan Spencer overcame a slow start to guide the way with 9pts-8ast-7reb while Steven Schaefer and Matt Cartwright shouldered the scoring load. Texas Tom sprinkled in a 2-1-2 or 3-2 zone heavily that threw the 'Cats off balance and actually caused two shot clock violations.

Schaefer's shooting exploits off the catch and the bounce can be extremely effective and well known to Augustana fans. Having said that, the aesthetics of Matt Cartwright's jump shot are visually flawless and make it seem that every shot leaving his hand could go in. He's currently filling the Al Richter role of spending most possessions stashed in the corner stretching the defense and waiting to strike, but he's adding more off the dribble moves each game and is a legit Freshmen of the Year candidate.

The most encouraging bright spot tonight was the second half play of redshirt freshmen Bodey Behrends, all 6 foot 9 190 pounds of him. His minutes and play have been extremely inconsistent this season but tonight he seized the perfect opportunity for him given the small size of the 'Cats. In seven second half minutes he had 4pts-4reb-3blk while looking like he belonged in a real NSIC game for the first time all year. If he can continue to understand the best way to use his size he'll be a difference maker on both ends.

Finally, this was first experience with Kaminsky in person and oh boy is he a treat. He growls, he stomps, he flails his arms, he'll create mismatches by going obscenely small because it's his only chance to win, and damn does his team play hard. If he gets any sort of uptick in the talent of his team they'll be a bother for all in their path.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                          He was playing against Iowa Wesleyan in St. Cloud last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                            That's alright, he still believes in Santa Claus also.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              Finally, this was first experience with Kaminsky in person and oh boy is he a treat. He growls, he stomps, he flails his arms, he'll create mismatches by going obscenely small because it's his only chance to win, and damn does his team play hard. If he gets any sort of uptick in the talent of his team they'll be a bother for all in their path.
                              This is every interaction Kaminsky has had with an official.

Comment

This kid is trying his darnedest to not be a Viking. :)

http://www.cdhraiders.org/news_artic...rer_id=3549280
                                Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 12-25-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X