Originally posted by laker View Post
    Argus Leader Sports Retweeted

hank
    ?

@Brian_Haenchen
    2m
    2 minutes ago

More
    .@AugieMensBball commit AJ Plitzuweit (@ajplitz_21) set a @VermillionHoops record with 52 points tonight vs. Lennox.

But wait, it gets nuttier.

Dude scored 41 of those points in the second half alone.
    Well...that's impressive. Plitzuweit is having a pretty memorable senior season so far. I've caught a couple of his games online, and it looks like there isn't much else on his team when it comes to talent. The games I saw were early in the year and he seemed to really be trying to pass the ball, find open guys, etc., and the guys he was passing it to were...struggling. I'm wondering if he's just gone into takeover mode after recognizing they had a better shot at winning if he just started to score more. He's the kind of kid who, if he gets hot, can light it up (obviously, based on last night's game and his 28-straight points in his 38-point performance a few nights ago).

On a side note, he's often doing this with not only the opponent's best defender on him, but occasionally even two guys on him consistently throughout the night. I think he has a chance to be a pretty special player for the Vikes.

Comment

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

In other Augie recruit news, Michael Schaefer put up 34 points and 14 boards in a win last night, and Eric Tiedman scored his 1,000th career point in a win last night over Bloomington Kennedy, so congrats to him. And, like Plitzuweit, incoming big man Trevor Hanson also set a school record for single game points scored at Sioux Valley with 45 a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
        In other Augie recruit news, Michael Schaefer put up 34 points and 14 boards in a win last night, and Eric Tiedman scored his 1,000th career point in a win last night over Bloomington Kennedy, so congrats to him. And, like Plitzuweit, incoming big man Trevor Hanson also set a school record for single game points scored at Sioux Valley with 45 a couple of weeks ago.
        With the graduation of the last four National Champion members and this incoming fantastic freshman class, next season will be interesting to say the least.

Comment

Well...that's impressive. Plitzuweit is having a pretty memorable senior season so far. I've caught a couple of his games online, and it looks like there isn't much else on his team when it comes to talent. The games I saw were early in the year and he seemed to really be trying to pass the ball, find open guys, etc., and the guys he was passing it to were...struggling. I'm wondering if he's just gone into takeover mode after recognizing they had a better shot at winning if he just started to score more. He's the kind of kid who, if he gets hot, can light it up (obviously, based on last night's game and his 28-straight points in his 38-point performance a few nights ago).

On a side note, he's often doing this with not only the opponent's best defender on him, but occasionally even two guys on him consistently throughout the night. I think he has a chance to be a pretty special player for the Vikes.
          Tough to not touch this one. :)

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
            Tough to not touch this one. :)
            I'm willing to bet there are at least a few teams in Minnesota from towns the size of Vermillion that aren't exactly loaded with high D1 or D2 talent.

Comment

I'm willing to bet there are at least a few teams in Minnesota from towns the size of Vermillion that aren't exactly loaded with high D1 or D2 talent.
              When BBE won the state title by way of their stud that ended up at St. John's, he was pretty much all they had. (One example, I'm still new to this miserable state:) )

Comment

For those interested, just came across this story in the Yankton paper on incoming Viking AJ Plitzuweit's recent scoring barrage over the past several games and his leadership on a team that is pretty reliant on his ability to put the ball in the hoop: https://www.yankton.net/sports/artic...f17e5209d.html

Comment

Appears Augie's AD is stepping down. Didn't want to be part of D1 move or is it try to spend time with fam?

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    Appears Augie's AD is stepping down. Didn't want to be part of D1 move or is it try to spend time with fam?
                    It says to spend more time with his family AND to pursue other opportunities. Hmmm.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...-step-down/103

Comment

Shocking. He's been nearly flawless since taking over so it's truly unfortunate he won't be on the job much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                        Shocking. He's been nearly flawless since taking over so it's truly unfortunate he won't be on the job much longer.
                        It seems odd to give a two week notice at this sort of job. Certainly did good things.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                          Honestly, I figured he would be the one eager to lead the charge into D1 territory based on his fundraising background and his time spent at numerous D1 institutions. Definitely an interesting development. Here's to hoping his replacement does a solid job. Seems odd to have such a quick transition again after having Bill Gross at the helm for infinity years before Slade came in.

Comment

Honestly, I figured he would be the one eager to lead the charge into D1 territory based on his fundraising background and his time spent at numerous D1 institutions. Definitely an interesting development. Here's to hoping his replacement does a solid job. Seems odd to have such a quick transition again after having Bill Gross at the helm for infinity years before Slade came in.
                            Good to know. With it being sudden, I didn't know if it was a situation where maybe they decided to make the move internally and he wasn't on board, or perhaps he wanted to move and they officially decided not to. All just theories of course.

Comment

Augustana University will not be a D1 school in the near future.http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ath/473114001/

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                                Augustana University will not be a D1 school in the near future.http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ath/473114001/
                                That is almost six months old. I still have unfortunate optimism.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X