Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

There is a possibility that Elmen could host a regional. Just not the one that Wolves fans want.

HARDING KNOCKS OUT TOP-SEEDED SWOSU AT GAC CHAMPIONSHIPS - http://greatamericanconference.com/n...pionships.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      There is a possibility that Elmen could host a regional. Just not the one that Wolves fans want.

HARDING KNOCKS OUT TOP-SEEDED SWOSU AT GAC CHAMPIONSHIPS - http://greatamericanconference.com/n...pionships.aspx
      I believe there is a way to host both, but it doesn't matter as Northwest Missouri won again. I co uod make a case, but I'm not the the committee.

Comment

NCAA Division II
        ?
        Verified account

@NCAADII
        Following Following @NCAADII
        More
        Representing the Central Region as the No. 1 seed in the #D2WBB Championship, Augustana (SD)! #MakeItYours

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          NCAA Division II
          ?
          Verified account

@NCAADII
          Following Following @NCAADII
          More
          Representing the Central Region as the No. 1 seed in the #D2WBB Championship, Augustana (SD)! #MakeItYours
          The path to Sioux Falls for the Elite 8 runs through Sioux Falls.

Comment

Which one of Augie's three home courts will be used?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              Which one of Augie's three home courts will be used?
              All of them.

Comment

Congrats to the women. Should be fun to see if they can keep the momentum rolling all the way through the Regional. From the sound of things, a few of the better women's teams got wake-up calls this past week, so the competition could be even tougher than it already would've been.

Comment

Quick update on some of Augie's incoming 2018 kids and their careers/post-seasons.

1) Unfortunately, AJ Plitzuweit's Vermillion Tanagers lost by one point in the game that would've sent them to the Sweet Sixteen and at least given them a chance to make the state tournament. Instead, AJ's prolific 2-year career in Vermillion comes to a close. He'll be a Viking next year, and there are a lot of Augie fans who are very excited about that.

2) Also unfortunately, the other two SD 2018s for Augie, Trevor Hanson and Dylan LeBrun, had to go head-to-head in the game that would qualify the winner for the Sweet Sixteen. Although LeBrun put up 26 points and had 8-10 boards, it was Hanson's Sioux Valley squad that prevailed. Hanson had 19 and 10 in that game. LeBrun ends his career as arguably (almost inarguably) Flandreau's all-time best player, including being the only 2,000-point scorer in Flandreau history, amongst other accolades. Hanson will lead the Sioux Valley Cossacks on a revenge tour after getting knocked out of the tournament last year in a 16-over-1 upset. Hoping he plays a game or two in the state tournament so I can see him in action. I haven't seen any of his games yet myself, but it sounds like he's a pretty big boy who can hit from outside too.

I'm not sure what happens with the Minnesota high school postseason. Unless I'm missing something, I would guess that both Michael Schaefer (St. Cloud Cathedral) and Eric Tiedman (Jordan High School) will see postseason action, but I have no idea how that tournament is structured.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I'm not sure what happens with the Minnesota high school postseason. Unless I'm missing something, I would guess that both Michael Schaefer (St. Cloud Cathedral) and Eric Tiedman (Jordan High School) will see postseason action, but I have no idea how that tournament is structured.
                    Minnesota section playoffs start this week. By the end of next week should know whether cathedral or Jordan qualify for state. Mn has six classes. Believe Jordan and cathedral are either class 4A or 5A.

Comment

Every MN team gets postseason action. Links below to section tournament brackets for Schaefer and Tiedman.

Cathedral: http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showbrackets.asp?tournid=264
                      Jordan: http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showbrackets.asp?tournid=71

If they advance past their respective section tournaments, they play in the state quarterfinals.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                        Believe Jordan and cathedral are either class 4A or 5A.
                        They're actually both AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                          Minnesota section playoffs start this week. By the end of next week should know whether cathedral or Jordan qualify for state. Mn has six classes. Believe Jordan and cathedral are either class 4A or 5A.
                          smh
                          There are 4 classes in MN Basketball and yes Cathedral and Jordan are both in AA, the second smallest. If either of them make state they will probably be unseeded and have a hard time making it into the semi's (tv games). Class AA has a point guard at Minnehaha Academy, Jalen Suggs, who is currently rated either 1 or 2 in the nation as a 2020 point guard, Minneapoilis North, the current #1 rated AA team has Tre Holloman who is a Top 2 rated point guard in the class of 2022 and Caledonia has Owen King who is signed to go play at SDSU next year. Its a pretty good class of basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                            smh
                            There are 4 classes in MN Basketball and yes Cathedral and Jordan are both in AA, the second smallest. If either of them make state they will probably be unseeded and have a hard time making it into the semi's (tv games). Class AA has a point guard at Minnehaha Academy, Jalen Suggs, who is currently rated either 1 or 2 in the nation as a 2020 point guard, Minneapoilis North, the current #1 rated AA team has Tre Holloman who is a Top 2 rated point guard in the class of 2022 and Caledonia has Owen King who is signed to go play at SDSU next year. Its a pretty good class of basketball.
                            In case you didn't know, the class also has two 2018s who are going to Augustana University (SD), so I have a feeling they'll be just fine...

Comment

In case you didn't know, the class also has two 2018s who are going to Augustana University (SD), so I have a feeling they'll be just fine...
                              For the record, this was a relatively tongue-in-cheek comment. Not that I don't think both players have a chance to be excellent at our level, but that I recognize the difference between Suggs, for example, and Augie's commits.

Comment

Yeah, one's rated 47th in the MN class of 2018 and the other is rated 56th. :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X