• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Posted it in the 2018 recruiting thread, but Michael Schaefer just committed to the Vikes. I'll post the same thing I posted there:

Guessing this rounds out the 2018 recruiting class for the Vikes, which, on paper, seems to be a group with a ton of potential.

According to Verbal Commits, Schaefer had offers from St. Cloud, Moorhead, SMSU, Northern, Mankato, and USF. I believe he had visited St. Cloud a few weeks ago and Mankato a week or two before he visited Augie.

Based on the offer list, he must be pretty talented.

Anyway, that puts the Vikes 2018 class at:

SD:
    -Trevor Hanson (#1 ranked SD 2018)
    -AJ Plitzuweit (#3 ranked SD 2018)
    -Dylan LeBrun (#5 ranked SD 2018)

MN:
    -Michael Schaefer (#17 ranked MN 2018, and, from what I can tell, currently the highest ranked MN kid to go D2...but I'd imagine that will change before the final rankings come out)
    -Eric Tiedman (#29 ranked MN 2018)

Also, we have the early commitment from MN 2019 Jaeden King, who I gather would've been a sought-after recruit if he hadn't committed early.

Shaping up to be a pretty special group for the Vikes if they can piece things together. Exciting times ahead.
    Terrific recruiting class for Augustana. Schaefer very good player. Has some inside and outside game. Plays extremely hard all the time. He will fit right in. Look for Augustana to be toward the top of the conference for years to come.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Posted it in the 2018 recruiting thread, but Michael Schaefer just committed to the Vikes. I'll post the same thing I posted there:

Guessing this rounds out the 2018 recruiting class for the Vikes, which, on paper, seems to be a group with a ton of potential.

According to Verbal Commits, Schaefer had offers from St. Cloud, Moorhead, SMSU, Northern, Mankato, and USF. I believe he had visited St. Cloud a few weeks ago and Mankato a week or two before he visited Augie.

Based on the offer list, he must be pretty talented.

Anyway, that puts the Vikes 2018 class at:

SD:
    -Trevor Hanson (#1 ranked SD 2018)
    -AJ Plitzuweit (#3 ranked SD 2018)
    -Dylan LeBrun (#5 ranked SD 2018)

MN:
    -Michael Schaefer (#17 ranked MN 2018, and, from what I can tell, currently the highest ranked MN kid to go D2...but I'd imagine that will change before the final rankings come out)
    -Eric Tiedman (#29 ranked MN 2018)

Also, we have the early commitment from MN 2019 Jaeden King, who I gather would've been a sought-after recruit if he hadn't committed early.

Shaping up to be a pretty special group for the Vikes if they can piece things together. Exciting times ahead.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Augustana picks up a commitment from a JUCO guard with a reputation for defensive play.http://verbalcommits.com/schools/augustana

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Got a little bored and did some more searching on Jaeden King. Liked this one:

Between King, incoming freshman Matt Cartwright and 2018 commit A.J. Plitzuweit, we could have some pretty salty long-range shooters for the next several years.

Also discovered that King's highlight reel (from a few posts ago) is actually from before his sophomore year. Didn't realize it was from Oct. 2016 until just now. I'd imagine his shot will continue to get quicker/smoother over the next two years.
    King should be very good college player. High ceiling. Augustana's future is bright without a doubt. Truly believe that Augustana and Moorhead are currently recruiting at a higher level than many other teams in the conference. Doesn't mean all the recruits will ultimately pan out, but it does speak to some of the recent success built into those two programs.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Got a little bored and did some more searching on Jaeden King. Liked this one:

Between King, incoming freshman Matt Cartwright and 2018 commit A.J. Plitzuweit, we could have some pretty salty long-range shooters for the next several years.

Also discovered that King's highlight reel (from a few posts ago) is actually from before his sophomore year. Didn't realize it was from Oct. 2016 until just now. I'd imagine his shot will continue to get quicker/smoother over the next two years.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Heard something about a change in scholarship payouts that really benefits a school like Augie. Essentially, any academic financial aid a student-athlete receives no longer counts towards the maximum scholarship limit. Starting in 2018, only institutional athletics aid is counted against individual and team equivalency limits.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...re-legislation

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

I hope not. :)
    Jaeden is really a prized recruit for AU. According to Ryan James he is a top 12-20 player in MN for 2019. You are right about his long arms, which are very adept at long shooting.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    Does anyone who gets an offer from Augustana not take it these days?
    I hope not. :)

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Moorhead's recruiting class has been the most recent post on this thread for far too long. Here's the good news: Augie just got a commitment from Cretin-Derham Hall (MN) 2019 guard Jaeden King.

Here's a highlight film I found from an AAU tournament. Seems to be primarily a shooter with some weirdly long (in a good way) arms.

Does anyone who gets an offer from Augustana not take it these days?

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Moorhead's recruiting class has been the most recent post on this thread for far too long. Here's the good news: Augie just got a commitment from Cretin-Derham Hall (MN) 2019 guard Jaeden King.

Here's a highlight film I found from an AAU tournament. Seems to be primarily a shooter with some weirdly long (in a good way) arms.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    You've spoken highly of Moorhead's incoming recruiting class several times, would you mind breaking it down in more detail so I can gauge if it's on the Schilling-Jansen level or just a bunch of paper tigers?
    Bryce Irsfeld - pg - reminds me of bruggman from SOuthwest. Tough pg. excellent shooter/scorer with quick release. Had numerous NSIC offers. I believe SDSU was trying to get him to some form of preferred walk on, etc. highest rated pg from MN not to go D1 (Jameson Bryan highly rated as well). Likely redshirt with kretchman being senior.

Simon Sem - 6'4" - wing from Fargo. Committed to NDSU early junior year, then apparently changed his mind thinking he should play the field. Injured knee early in senior season - missed most of senior season. Still Mr. Bball finalist. Very long and athletic. Sees court very well.

Gavin Baumgartner - 6'4" - wing. Had numerous NSIC offers. Similar to Sem, long and can guard multiple positions. Very good outside shooter. One of highest rated wings in MN not to go D1. Second team all-state AAAA. led team to 3rd place in state AAAA (highest class). Rumored to have interest from various D1 during recruiting.

Jesse Bergh - 6'10" - center. Home schooled kid did not play basketball until sophomore in high school. Needs to learn the game more but has good tools. Very good hands and feet. Think he can be quality big in a few years when he gets stronger' etc.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Totally don't mean this in a rude way, but you do realize you posted this in the Augustana thread, right?
    Thought I was on the recruiting thread. Sorry

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Totally don't mean this in a rude way, but you do realize you posted this in the Augustana thread, right?
    They just wanted to show you that they too can get early commitments.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Moorhead receives verbal from Wyatt Hanson from North Dakota. Don't know much about him, but looks promising from a short look online. Looks like a future PF to fit very nicely with Moorhead's incoming 2017 freshman class.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Moorhead receives verbal from Wyatt Hanson from North Dakota. Don't know much about him, but looks promising from a short look online. Looks like a future PF to fit very nicely with Moorhead's incoming 2017 freshman class.
    You've spoken highly of Moorhead's incoming recruiting class several times, would you mind breaking it down in more detail so I can gauge if it's on the Schilling-Jansen level or just a bunch of paper tigers?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X