Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Augie up 43-30 at the half. As expected Augie is democratic on offense and moving the ball nicely with 10 assists on 15 field goals. Central Mo's offense is fairly stagnant and their only shooting threat appears to be Pinkley.
    I was impressed with Augie's ball movement in the first half. They were reversing the ball from side to side (usually without dribbling) making the Mules work extremely hard on defense until they got a good shot. I thought the Mules managed to take them out of that in the second half. It seemed as if Augie was standing still more often and trying to get shots of the dribble instead of the pass.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

One side note: 0 NSIC home games in all of this. Some of these MIAA and GAC cowards need to make their way up north.
      Man, I went to Minnesota like 3 out of the past 4 winters. Glad we played in KC this past weekend for sure, although today we are cold in the 20s with snow and freezing rain.

Good point though, the locations sort of reminds one of early Spring baseball where everyone from the north comes south for the better weather.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

Man, I went to Minnesota like 3 out of the past 4 winters. Glad we played in KC this past weekend for sure, although today we are cold in the 20s with snow and freezing rain.

Good point though, the locations sort of reminds one of early Spring baseball where everyone from the north comes south for the better weather.
        MSSU played two games in Mankato last year and two in Sioux Falls the year before. The Lions will also be playing at Upper Iowa next month. I was glad to have these games in KC this year too.

Comment

One side note: 0 NSIC home games in all of this. Some of these MIAA and GAC cowards need to make their way up north.
          Sounds like a bit of a stretch...........how many games has NW played in SF in the last 4 or 5 years?

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

MSSU played two games in Mankato last year and two in Sioux Falls the year before. The Lions will also be playing at Upper Iowa next month. I was glad to have these games in KC this year too.
            Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

Sounds like a bit of a stretch...........how many games has NW played in SF in the last 4 or 5 years?
            For the record, that part of my post was a joke. I know several MIAA/GAC teams have come up here in the past few years. But it's not a stretch to say that 0 of these games being discussed were played at NSIC venues this year. That's just a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
              The Mules mascot around center court is absolutely enormous
              Was all I could focus on the whole game watching on the computer. Saw it right from the tip off and it was always there no matter where the ball was!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

Stanger, were at the game last night? If so you were better off staying at game and watching something better on TV. The 'Stangs should have rolled but couldn't make a free throw. How about the in crunch time when the Mules dribbles it around and never got a shot off. Next two possessions they throw it away late in the shot clock. It was truly ugly. I sat threw both games and the game today against Ark monticello should be pretty good if the refs let them play as they are much more athletic than UCM and have an inside game.

As for the Augie/UCM game, I'm going but if the Mules play like they did last night it will not be pretty for the home team.

Crowd was also very dismal. There is no way that 1800 showed up.
                Agree, SMSU should have pulled away if they could just shoot free throws. Amazingly, the shot free throws even worse on Sunday. Uff da

Comment

Honestly, I'm ok with the Mustangs making the trip that way to start the season. I just wish I could have went to the games, Seems like a great reason for a road trip to see new places. Once the kids are one, I could easily see myself making the trip on one of these weekends.

Comment

Wow, interesting.

Bunch more games for NSIC schools that count as in-region games next weekend.
                    Northern and Augie vs. SD Mines and BHSU
                    UMD and SMSU vs. Northern Michigan (in Duluth)
                    St Cloud at Mankato (non-conference)
                    MSU-Billings at Minot State
                    Upper Iowa vs Central MO and Central OK (in Warrensburg, MO)
                    Michigan Tech at Winona
                    CSP vs. UMC (non-conference game in Kenosha, WI)
                    ^Both teams against UW-Parkside or Hillsdale the next day, both count towards region records

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy View Post

I was impressed with Augie's ball movement in the first half. They were reversing the ball from side to side (usually without dribbling) making the Mules work extremely hard on defense until they got a good shot. I thought the Mules managed to take them out of that in the second half. It seemed as if Augie was standing still more often and trying to get shots of the dribble instead of the pass.
                      Mules definitely stepped up the defensive intensity in the second half, more pressure on the ball and stayed attached to the shooters.

Defensively theres no one on Augie's roster who can stay in front of Kendale Hampton. He played well in the second half.
                      Last edited by Augieholic; 11-13-2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X