Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Conference Challenges

For many of us, it all starts three weeks from today. I can’t wait to head to Kansas City for (Conference pre-season poll ranking shown in parenthesis):

Washburn (MIAA #3) vs Minnesota State (NSIC #1)
    Missouri Southern (#2) vs Winona State (#6)

The teams swap opponents for Saturday’s games, which will be played at the historic KC Municipal Auditorium (annual site of the MIAA post season tourney).

I expect Southern to be ready to go. Six seniors plus Cam Martin all back and hungry for a great season. Former starters Dexter Frisbee and Christian Bundy are also back after basically missing all of last season with injuries.

20th anniversary of our final four team that went 30-3 .... this year’s team could be that kind of special if they are ready to play night in and night out.

See you in KC!

Here's what I believe to be the complete list of challenges (all 11/8-11/9 except UCM's).

GAC/MIAA:
    in Dallas: Newman and Rogers State vs. Henderson State and Southern Arkansas
    at Russellville: Arkansas Tech and Southwestern Oklahoma State vs. Fort Hays State and Emporia State

GAC/NSIC:
    at Searcy: Harding and Ouachita Baptist vs. Minot State and St. Cloud State
    at Bethany: Southern Nazarene and Southeastern Oklahoma State vs. Minnesota–Duluth and Northern State

MIAA/NSIC:
    in Kansas City: Lincoln and Pittsburg State vs. Sioux Falls and Upper Iowa
    in Kansas City: Missouri Southern and Washburn vs. Winona State and Minnesota State
    at St. Joseph: Missouri Western and Northwest Missouri State vs. MSU Moorhead and Minnesota–Crookston

All three:
    at Warrensburg (9th-10th): Central Missouri and Arkansas–Monticello vs. Southwest Minnesota State and Augustana
    at Alva: Northwestern Oklahoma State and Mary vs. Northeastern State and Central Oklahoma
    at Shawnee: Oklahoma Baptist and East Central vs. Nebraska–Kearney and Wayne State

Bemidji State and Concordia are the two teams left out.

Four Central teams will open the season a week earlier. Missouri Western will host the Small College Basketball Hall of Fame Classic, with Northwest Missouri State and Southern Nazarene also participating. Eight teams in total participate, but it's structured like two separate challenge events. The relevant part features MWSU and NWMSU vs. SNU and Daemen. Wayne State plays in the Division II Tip-Off Classic in Orange, CA, which is a four-team round robin also featuring Ferris State, Concordia (CA), and UTPB.

Comment

We will be in KC to watch MSSU tip off what we think will be a special year. Will be interested to get a first look at our new additions at Wednesday's MOSO Madness. Go Lions!

Comment

I hadn’t realized the Pitt Lincoln Upper Iowa Sioux Falls meetings were also at Municipal Auditorium the same days as Southern and Washburn. This could enhance my plans a bit for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
          Here's what I believe to be the complete list of challenges (all 11/8-11/9 except UCM's).

GAC/MIAA:
          in Dallas: Newman and Rogers State vs. Henderson State and Southern Arkansas
          at Russellville: Arkansas Tech and Southwestern Oklahoma State vs. Fort Hays State and Emporia State

GAC/NSIC:
          at Searcy: Harding and Ouachita Baptist vs. Minot State and St. Cloud State
          at Bethany: Southern Nazarene and Southeastern Oklahoma State vs. Minnesota–Duluth and Northern State

MIAA/NSIC:
          in Kansas City: Lincoln and Pittsburg State vs. Sioux Falls and Upper Iowa
          in Kansas City: Missouri Southern and Washburn vs. Winona State and Minnesota State
          at St. Joseph: Missouri Western and Northwest Missouri State vs. MSU Moorhead and Minnesota–Crookston

All three:
          at Warrensburg (9th-10th): Central Missouri and Arkansas–Monticello vs. Southwest Minnesota State and Augustana
          at Alva: Northwestern Oklahoma State and Mary vs. Northeastern State and Central Oklahoma
          at Shawnee: Oklahoma Baptist and East Central vs. Nebraska–Kearney and Wayne State

Bemidji State and Concordia are the two teams left out.

Four Central teams will open the season a week earlier. Missouri Western will host the Small College Basketball Hall of Fame Classic, with Northwest Missouri State and Southern Nazarene also participating. Eight teams in total participate, but it's structured like two separate challenge events. The relevant part features MWSU and NWMSU vs. SNU and Daemen. Wayne State plays in the Division II Tip-Off Classic in Orange, CA, which is a four-team round robin also featuring Ferris State, Concordia (CA), and UTPB.
          Anyone one of you MIAA guys know if the MSU Moorhead games against NW Missouri and Missouri Western be live streamed? If so, will it require some kind of payment, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Anyone one of you MIAA guys know if the MSU Moorhead games against NW Missouri and Missouri Western be live streamed? If so, will it require some kind of payment, etc.
            Usually does cost. I think it's either $8 or $10/game for a broadcast quality equal to that of most NSIC streams at best. themiaanetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Usually does cost. I think it's either $8 or $10/game for a broadcast quality equal to that of most NSIC streams at best. themiaanetwork.com
              Agree for the most part except this is at a local arena in St Joseph rather than on campus. Not sure how that will impact video quality.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Agree for the most part except this is at a local arena in St Joseph rather than on campus. Not sure how that will impact video quality.
                But you are confident the game will be accessible online regardless of quality?

Comment

Confident? No, I'm not really sure how that will work considering it's not on campus. I assume it will be. Maybe one of the Missouri Western posters can verify.

Comment

I checked the NW site, they don't go out far enough for this game, but the Daemen College game the week before under similar circumstances (St. Joe Civic Center) at this time does not give a streaming option, that being said it doesn't show a radio or stats option either. Check Bearcatsports.com, scroll down to events and results, the left column shows upcoming events and the options for stats, viewing and radio. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Thanks
                        I'm planning on being at the game...I guess I could do a Facebook Live video of it...I'm sure that would be of epic quality! :laugh: You probably wouldn't like the commentary! :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

I'm planning on being at the game...I guess I could do a Facebook Live video of it...I'm sure that would be of epic quality! :laugh: You probably wouldn't like the commentary! :smile-big:
                          may come to that...I could always turn down the sound . :)

Comment

I'm 99% sure the games will be streamed on the MIAA Network (at a cost). I don't think there were any streaming issues from the Civic Arena last year - Northern State fans may remember better than I do, since I was at the games.

Comment

may come to that...I could always turn down the sound . :)
                              Where's the fun in that? :D

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X