Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam Dykman gets a Tech under the new anti flopping rule. He tried to take a charge in the first half and was called for a block and apparently got a warning. Then tried to take another one and got called for a block. Neither one was a flop, merely just a 50/50 bang bang call that went against Augie. Thats a terrible use of the new rule by these officials.

Augie up 7 with 714 to go as Central Mo has played much better this half.

Comment

One cue Dykman risks another tech and gets the charge call this time. Riemersma has fouled out and Augie's lead is only 3 with under 5 to play.

Comment

And now Dykman has fouled out. Putting all this depth to good use right away. Augie up 7 with 342 to go.

Comment

Luinstra's final two fouls were terrible. This officiating crew is power drunker than hell

Comment

Augie hangs on 76-72. 18 from Schaefer, 17 for Cartwright, 11 for Bryant, and 10 for LeBrun. 2-0. Onto Spearfish.

Comment

The Vikings limp their way to victory from the sound of things on the radio. Enjoyed the UCM radio guy. Knowledgeable about his team, didn't try to do the thing where he acts like he knows a bunch about the opponent's players, and was good-natured. Didn't get homerish until right at the very end, which is more than forgivable in my book.

Weird that the coach has to do his post-game radio show 10 seconds after the game ends. I feel like I'd want at least a minute or two to think before having to go on the air.

Glad the Vikings pulled it out. 2-0 for in-region games to start the season is good in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                Weird that the coach has to do his post-game radio show 10 seconds after the game ends. I feel like I'd want at least a minute or two to think before having to go on the air.
                He has a history of spending too much time in the locker room after losses and not making it back out before the broadcast ends. I think this is the compromise that was reached. Short interview right after the game is better than none at all. You miss it if attending the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

Stanger, were at the game last night? If so you were better off staying at game and watching something better on TV. The 'Stangs should have rolled but couldn't make a free throw. How about the in crunch time when the Mules dribbles it around and never got a shot off. Next two possessions they throw it away late in the shot clock. It was truly ugly.
                  Was watching online. It was nice to see the Mustangs clamp down on defense late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                    Adam Dykman gets a Tech under the new anti flopping rule. He tried to take a charge in the first half and was called for a block and apparently got a warning. Then tried to take another one and got called for a block. Neither one was a flop, merely just a 50/50 bang bang call that went against Augie. Thats a terrible use of the new rule by these officials.

Augie up 7 with 714 to go as Central Mo has played much better this half.
                    Missouri Western got a technical Friday night and a warning Saturday - in my clearly objective opinion they were horrible calls. Regardless of whether it hurts my team or helps, I don't think emphasizing yet another judgement call is a great way to inspire confidence in how the game is officiated.

I especially think it's bad in the situation you described. I can theoretically understand how there can be both a flop and a foul called on the same play, but it seems to me if there's enough contact for a foul, calling the flop makes the penalty too harsh.

Also, I had missed in the application of the rule that it doesn't matter who the second flop is called on - if anyone on your team was warned previously it is a technical on the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Missouri Western got a technical Friday night and a warning Saturday - in my clearly objective opinion they were horrible calls. Regardless of whether it hurts my team or helps, I don't think emphasizing yet another judgement call is a great way to inspire confidence in how the game is officiated.

I especially think it's bad in the situation you described. I can theoretically understand how there can be both a flop and a foul called on the same play, but it seems to me if there's enough contact for a foul, calling the flop makes the penalty too harsh.

Also, I had missed in the application of the rule that it doesn't matter who the second flop is called on - if anyone on your team was warned previously it is a technical on the second one.
                      I agree with you in general. On Friday both calls went against #5. Not sure if he has a reputation for being a flopper. If so, the refs may be looking for any opportunity to send a message to him. Not saying right or wrong, just a general point of discussion.

Comment

Comment

Even though it was maybe a little expected, this was not a good start to the season for the NSIC. There are quite a few teams in transition in the conference this year. However, this weekend will likely hurt come March when we are trying to decide who should be in the regional tournament. The conference should be pretty wide open this year and will likely be competitive throughout even if it is down as a whole.

Comment

One side note: 0 NSIC home games in all of this. Some of these MIAA and GAC cowards need to make their way up north.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

I agree with you in general. On Friday both calls went against #5. Not sure if he has a reputation for being a flopper. If so, the refs may be looking for any opportunity to send a message to him. Not saying right or wrong, just a general point of discussion.
                              No, the first warning was on Mesmacque (1). Millhollin (5) wasn't on the floor. The second one was on him, and I think he got the warning Saturday night too.

Comment

I agree with Mr. Augustana on the travel and the home games. Mr. Wizard's display of the records tells part of the story. For instance, I am sure it is much easier for Mo. Southern and Washburn to travel 1 1/2 hrs and 2 1/2 hrs respectively to the Muni than what Minn. St. and Winona had to do. In fact, Minn. St. losses could have gone either way with Washburn and MO Southern winning two very tightly contested games. I have to believe that the top of the two conferences (NSIC and MIAA) will be similiar, however, as I stated earlier I think what the records may say is that the MIAA may be a little deeper. I also think the GAC is better this year (i.e. 15-11) with more quality teams. The bottom line is the Central Region has alot of good teams in it and being in the top 8 this year will be as competitive as ever.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X