Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    Silly Bearcat, that was just game 1 for your freshmen.
    No, NSU is just clearly a bad matchup for us. We have talented young players but since they played so much in HS they won't really improve, they have peaked (very common with college athletes that they are the same player the day they set foot on campus as when they graduate). We can only hope to avoid NSU in future matchups or our fate is sealed.

Comment

I've seen the Bearcats more than once. As usual, they don't make a lot of mistakes - that means teams have to play close to perfect to beat them. You and Coach Wicks are right that we aren't nearly as talented as Northwest is this year. The lack of energy Saturday night is a mystery, but I suspect the Bearcats' execution had a lot to do with that. Tough to keep fighting when you're down double digits all night long. Honestly, after the women's game I had a feeling that was the way the men's game was going to go - scrappy undermanned team under a first-year energetic coach gets manhandled in a rivalry game in front of a big crowd.

People say nice things about TC and he retweets them, unless you're following a different No. 3. If that's "touting himself as the best" whatever you may need to loosen your corset and stop clutching your pearls. He is good, better than he showed Saturday night - which got my attention since I like you thought he was having an off night then realized he scored 24 points on 70 percent shooting against what I think even a sandbagging Bearcat could agree is a pretty good backcourt. I would agree he's not better than your freshman PG, if that's what you need to hear.

Comment

I've seen the Bearcats more than once. As usual, they don't make a lot of mistakes - that means teams have to play close to perfect to beat them. You and Coach Wicks are right that we aren't nearly as talented as Northwest is this year. The lack of energy Saturday night is a mystery, but I suspect the Bearcats' execution had a lot to do with that. Tough to keep fighting when you're down double digits all night long. Honestly, after the women's game I had a feeling that was the way the men's game was going to go - scrappy undermanned team under a first-year energetic coach gets manhandled in a rivalry game in front of a big crowd.

People say nice things about TC and he retweets them, unless you're following a different No. 3. If that's "touting himself as the best" whatever you may need to loosen your corset and stop clutching your pearls. He is good, better than he showed Saturday night - which got my attention since I like you thought he was having an off night then realized he scored 24 points on 70 percent shooting against what I think even a sandbagging Bearcat could agree is a pretty good backcourt. I would agree he's not better than your freshman PG, if that's what you need to hear.

Comment

The box score had him for 20 points, not 24. With 8 minutes left he had 10 points and then scored the remaining 10 after Western was down 30 and NW was putting in the end of bench guys.

I'll give him the benefit of doubt on defense. Bernard put him on skates multiple times but Bernard is capable of doing that to a lot of players. He's an example of the freshmen growth. Earlier in the year, he was too fast for his own good but the game seems to have slowed down for him and he is playing much better, hence why he is now starting.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
            No, NSU is just clearly a bad matchup for us. We have talented young players but since they played so much in HS they won't really improve, they have peaked (very common with college athletes that they are the same player the day they set foot on campus as when they graduate). We can only hope to avoid NSU in future matchups or our fate is sealed.
            This is just plain stupid. Your sandbagging is slipping heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              This is just plain stupid. Your sandbagging is slipping heavily.
              It's called sarcasm...

Comment

It's called sarcasm...
                Same.

Comment

I get that you're trolling here, but it's pretty ironic somebody who cautioned me about the outlier nature of Saturday night's game is willing to make such sweeping judgments about the other team and coach. It's also odd that you're trolling somebody who has said nothing but positive things about your basketball team. But Bearcats gotta Bearcat, I guess. Keep doing you.

Comment

I get that you're trolling here, but it's pretty ironic somebody who cautioned me about the outlier nature of Saturday night's game is willing to make such sweeping judgments about the other team and coach. It's also odd that you're trolling somebody who has said nothing but positive things about your basketball team. But Bearcats gotta Bearcat, I guess. Keep doing you.
                    It's their #culture

Comment

The box score had him for 20 points, not 24. With 8 minutes left he had 10 points and then scored the remaining 10 after Western was down 30 and NW was putting in the end of bench guys.

I'll give him the benefit of doubt on defense. Bernard put him on skates multiple times but Bernard is capable of doing that to a lot of players. He's an example of the freshmen growth. Earlier in the year, he was too fast for his own good but the game seems to have slowed down for him and he is playing much better, hence why he is now starting.
                      Yeah, misread that.

No. 1 was very impressive. I wasn't paying particular attention live, but watched a little bit of the first half again today, and I don't think it was a coincidence that he was on the bench for a lot of the run that cut the lead down to 4.

Comment

Why was the MW coach screaming and yelling at #5? He took him out of the game and looked like he was reading him the riot act.

Comment

I REALLY hope Sunny gets Mo West competing at the top of the MIAA in the next 3-4 years. I think he is a great guy and his energy and enthusiasm are infectious if he is on your side, but I can absolutely see opposing teams hating him, especially NWMSU fans. The Grifs have a long way to go to get competitive with NWMSU, but man would it be fun for the rest of us to watch Sunny get under people's skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                            I REALLY hope Sunny gets Mo West competing at the top of the MIAA in the next 3-4 years. I think he is a great guy and his energy and enthusiasm are infectious if he is on your side, but I can absolutely see opposing teams hating him, especially NWMSU fans. The Grifs have a long way to go to get competitive with NWMSU, but man would it be fun for the rest of us to watch Sunny get under people's skin.
                            It appears he's already there with some. :)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X