Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Regional Talk

#1 Northwest Missouri will host, we all know that. I think Northern State has solidified themselves as a 2 or 3 seed at worst.

SNU and SEOK both lost today in the GAC semis.

imo, should Rogers State or Missouri Southern win the MIAA tourney tomorrow, that MIAA tourney champ would get the other 2 or 3 spot.

The winner of tonight’s RSU / MSSU game could get the 4 seed if not the 3, with the loser perhaps joining SNU and SEOK to round out the top 6.

Assuming Mo Western doesn’t win the MIAA tourney, it’s quite possible Today’s GAC winners (Oklahoma Baptist and Henderson State) have claimed the 7 and 8 seeds.

This seems to leave Duluth (0-1 this week) and Sioux Falls out of the mix.

1 - Northwest Missouri
    2 - Northern State
    3 - Rogers State (if they win tonight)
    4 - Southern Nazarene (do they stay this high?)
    5 - Southeastern Oklahoma (ditto)
    6 - Missouri Southern
    7 - GAC tourney champion *
    8 - GAC tourney runner up *

Swap Rogers State and Missouri Southern if my Lions win tonight.

* Oklahoma Baptist and Henderson State

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    #1 Northwest Missouri will host, we all know that. I think Northern State has solidified themselves as a 2 or 3 seed at worst.

SNU and SEOK both lost today in the GAC semis.

imo, should Rogers State or Missouri Southern win the MIAA tourney tomorrow, that MIAA tourney champ would get the other 2 or 3 spot.

The winner of tonight’s RSU / MSSU game could get the 4 seed if not the 3, with the loser perhaps joining SNU and SEOK to round out the top 6.

Assuming Mo Western doesn’t win the MIAA tourney, it’s quite possible Today’s GAC winners (Oklahoma Baptist and Henderson State) have claimed the 7 and 8 seeds.

This seems to leave Duluth (0-1 this week) and Sioux Falls out of the mix.

1 - Northwest Missouri
    2 - Northern State
    3 - Rogers State (if they win tonight)
    4 - Southern Nazarene (do they stay this high?)
    5 - Southeastern Oklahoma (ditto)
    6 - Missouri Southern
    7 - GAC tourney champion *
    8 - GAC tourney runner up *

Swap Rogers State and Missouri Southern if my Lions win tonight.

* Oklahoma Baptist and Henderson State
    5-2-1? I'd be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

5-2-1? I'd be surprised.
      4-3-1

Comment

Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post

4-3-1
        Oops. Got my directional schools mixed up.

Comment

The single school from a conference would seem a bit surprising, except it happened to the MIAA just a few short years ago and used to happen to the GAC regularly.

I’m interested in hearing the Minnesota Duluth resume. I’m sure they’d have a good argument and the committee may think so too.

Comment

Today was a worst case scenario for Duluth. They do have wins at Southern Nazarene and Northern, but they do have some bad losses too. I still think they deserve the last spot, but I’m an NSIC homer so... I think Northern is the #2 seed, which I never would’ve guessed in November. There isn’t a huge difference between 2 and 10 in the region so it should make for a fun regional. I just hope someone can give NWMSU a good game.

Comment

Cam Martin fouled out, had twelve points and Rogers still lost. I mean...you can't ask for much more when trying to beat Southern right?

This is all going off stats so don't take too much out of this post. Haha.

MoWest really had a nice season, congrats to Sundance, staff and the squad for buying in and seems like they are heading in the right direction. Obviously Northwest woke up 2md half and again, live stats kind of tell A story. I'm sure that mach up will be a good one. With only one loss and honestly, who can call it anything but a fluke, Northwest is very good. I haven't seen a minute, a lot goes into finals of course but, seems like they have had many more close games this year than years past. Again, I'm not a know-it-all, just seems like it. But, they find ways when others don't which usually comes down to experience, coaching or both. This is going to be a good regional and I wish I could be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                Today was a worst case scenario for Duluth. They do have wins at Southern Nazarene and Northern, but they do have some bad losses too. I still think they deserve the last spot, but I’m an NSIC homer so... I think Northern is the #2 seed, which I never would’ve guessed in November. There isn’t a huge difference between 2 and 10 in the region so it should make for a fun regional. I just hope someone can give NWMSU a good game.
                I’ll be honest and say I didn’t watch a ton of basketball this year but I did watch Duluth play Northern. I watched a lot of ball in years past and this years Duluth team deserves a spot on the regional. They have a player who can take over a postseason tournament and that’s what’s needed.

Comment

Based solely on the Performance Indicator, I’m pretty sure Missouri Southern just leapfrogged Rogers State, SEOK and SNU today. Of course, a loss to Northwest on Sunday probably knocks us right back down.

Nice 76-70 win tonight over Rogers State though, avenging our earlier loss to the Hillcats.

Comment

[QUOTE=NSU4LIFE;n490338]Cam Martin fouled out, had twelve points and Rogers still lost. I mean...you can't ask for much more when trying to beat Southern right?

Northwest is very good.... but, seems like they have had many more close games this year than years past.

1 win by 1 pt, 6 wins by 4-9 pts and 23 wins by 10 pts or more so far this year.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is that Northern didnt beat a single team in the top 10 of the Regional Rankings in their tournament run. That will not be the case for whomever wins the MIAA or GAC tournaments. Maybe Northern still gets the 2 seed due to the GAC keefluffle but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they stick at 3.

Comment

1. Northwest
                        2. Northern
                        3. Missouri Southern
                        4. Rogers
                        5. Southern Naz
                        6. Southeast Oklahoma
                        7. Hendo/OBU winner
                        8. Duluth

If Missouri Southern wins, they move to 2.

That's my prediction, however, even if we are 4th or 5th, I'm just excited to get to next Saturday.

Comment

One thing to remember about Duluth, coach wieck is on the committee so they probably get in.

Comment

Given that Duluth still has a top 8 Performance Indicator, I’m thinking they get in and the loser of today’s GAC championship game misses out, winding up with the 9th or 10th best PI and making it a bit easier for the committee.

Duluth versus Northwest in round one.
                            Probably today’s GAC winner vs Northern State.

Hopefully the other two games match MSSU/Rogers versus SNU/SEOK with none of those four having to meet up in round one against their own conference rival.

Comment

Henderson State wins the GAC tournament. Duluth and OBU wait for the pairings tonight.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X