Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mule BBall

I still disagree with the "didn't have to rebuild" concept, but we have argued that enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MoHoops View Post
      I still disagree with the "didn't have to rebuild" concept, but we have argued that enough.
      I think both points have merit will be interesting to see what happens next year. NWMSU should still be the class of the conference but hope the Mules compete better and set themselves up for another long run of success. Don't want to have this letdown feeling any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
        Just saying home court is not the advantage it should be if you are up 10 with three minutes left you are not supposed to lose. Also Anderson had to rebuild not the case with coach K. Second place in conference is not bad good for the Mules but Rockhurst, and Lincoln are games that should be won. Plus can't beat teams with good record consistently that is my point.

I am not sure if playing at the Multi is that great of an advantage. The cheerleaders don't even chant "defense" in a tight game. The old people in the reserved seats sit and complain about every missed shot. Lincoln was shooting free-throws nobody made any noise, not even the pep band. Instead of supporting the coaching staff and players, the Mule fans are whining about Coach K not measuring up to Anderson. I wonder how some of Anderson's teams would have stacked up against the Lincoln team the Mules played on Thursday.

Comment

They would have beat them like they did in the good old days.

Comment

Mules lose to Lindenwood back to back home losses unheard of in the previous regime even the radio announcer said this was crushing for the Mules ever since the rankings came out they have not played well no killer instinct no sense of direction for those of you who are happy to be in a tie for second or third place in conference so be it, but I for one am not. The place in conference is not the main problem I have it is that the standard of Mule ball is on a steady decline. Please chime in with any other observations.

Comment

If the offense is going to be based on aimless dribbling and guys calling for ball screens (resulting in Reaves and Wolf taking a combined four shots in the first half), I may have to come over to your side of the fence.

Comment

Crowd and the frisbee dogs at halftime had good energy.

Comment

With today's upset in Joplin not looking forward to playing in Joplin when rankings came out I thought this would be the closest game I saw winning all the others at home. This is why I'm not a coach K fan in three years lost as many home games as previous twelve.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleLove View Post
                    I am not sure if playing at the Multi is that great of an advantage. The cheerleaders don't even chant "defense" in a tight game. The old people in the reserved seats sit and complain about every missed shot. Lincoln was shooting free-throws nobody made any noise, not even the pep band. Instead of supporting the coaching staff and players, the Mule fans are whining about Coach K not measuring up to Anderson. I wonder how some of Anderson's teams would have stacked up against the Lincoln team the Mules played on Thursday.
                    I feel the same way. It seems even in the last few years with Anderson that the crowd at the Multi started to lose its luster. I remember back in 05-07 the student section was mostly full and had the three or four students that wore the red coats. Now there are no red coats and no student section behind the basket.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
                      With today's upset in Joplin not looking forward to playing in Joplin when rankings came out I thought this would be the closest game I saw winning all the others at home. This is why I'm not a coach K fan in three years lost as many home games as previous twelve.
                      Actually it's the previous 10 seasons. Anderson was 154-21 in his 12 seasons, 137-11 in his last 10. Coach K is 32-11 after Saturday.

Comment

Once Anderson got it started rolling, (his third season) the Mules averaged almost 3000/game through the Watts/Moosmann seasons. They never drew less than 2600/game and drew over 3600/game in the Zach Wright season. Since then they have only averaged 2500/game twice, the year before and after the national championship. The championship team started out 14-4 and wasn't generating much buzz. They then won the final 10 regular season games and 16 of the last 17 including the post season. Had they not bombed in the MIAA tournament, they had a shot at hosting the regional and average attendance would have been better.

Since Don Doucette left, the Mules have averaged less than 2000/game only 3 times. Anderson's first season and the last two seasons (unless they get over 4130 for the Pitt game on Saturday). The fall off after Watts/Moosmann was probably due to complacency. The fall off during the last two is due to results. Last year's team wasn't any good. This year's team IMO had exceeded expectations until last week but it takes a while to get the fans back once you lose them.
                        Last edited by Randy; 02-21-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

So how many of you fans feel coach K has done a good job or as well as can be expected? Last year with injuries and suspensions did not turnout very well. This year in terms of conference standings it is better but to many bad losses in my opinion to be satisfied. I remember when coach K had his into press conference he stated that on his way to the burg he was pulled over and the police who stopped him said he had some big shoes to fill to me he is a couple of sizes small. Mostly upset that with the last two years dont feel like can win every game, and the loss of home court advantage. I know he gets another year but what are thoughts after that?

Comment

Originally posted by mulnets View Post
                            I feel the same way. It seems even in the last few years with Anderson that the crowd at the Multi started to lose its luster. I remember back in 05-07 the student section was mostly full and had the three or four students that wore the red coats. Now there are no red coats and no student section behind the basket.
                            I heard the administration promised a dedicated student section, but haven't seen it. Best place to have one is behind the basket the visitors are shooting at in the second half. Please bring back the east end bleachers!

Comment

Interesting fact while reading MSSU website about tonight game it showed records of the coaches MSSU 55-33 in three years Coach K 56-30 in three years meaning if coach K first year was 25-7 his last two currently are 31-23 with two games left and MIAA tournament not that encouraging now is it.

Comment

Mules up 54-32 on MoSo at half.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X