Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mule BBall

Pitts was a redshirt for Northwest when the Mules beat them in the regional final in the national championship season. I don't know if the redshirt was due to injury or due the fact that Northwest had a pretty darn good point guard with Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
      Pitts was a redshirt for Northwest when the Mules beat them in the regional final in the national championship season. I don't know if the redshirt was due to injury or due the fact that Northwest had a pretty darn good point guard with Cooper.
      The coaches knew they had something special at the end of that season. They said he was giving the first team all they wanted in practice by the end of the year. They didn't want to burn the redshirt at that point with Cooper and a very capable Matt Wallace backing him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        Looks like everyone on NW's roster redshirted except for Kurth and Welty. I'd imagine it must be part of their system/program to redshirt freshmen.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
          The coaches knew they had something special at the end of that season. They said he was giving the first team all they wanted in practice by the end of the year. They didn't want to burn the redshirt at that point with Cooper and a very capable Matt Wallace backing him up.
          This was basically the same with Ryan Bruggeman at SMSU during his freshman year, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            This was basically the same with Ryan Bruggeman at SMSU during his freshman year, as well.
            Cody Schilling at Augie as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              Cody Schilling at Augie as well.
              Cody didn't redshirt

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                Cody didn't redshirt
                I'm aware. I was kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                  Our coaches run all over hell (Arkansas) looking for good players and yet miss a guy that's just down the road. Pitts played at Blue Springs South and that can't be more than 40 minutes away. Northwest plucks THE BIG ONE in our backyard. Our coaches have no excuse for letting Pitts get away.
                  Every program in the state missed on Pitts.

Comment

Sad that the most activity on this thread in months is about a Bearcat.

Comment

• Re: Mule BBall

Originally posted by MoHoops View Post
                      And in a thread titled Mule BBall

Comment

Glad you picked that up. I was afraid I was being too subtle. . . .

Comment

Glad you picked that up. I was afraid I was being too subtle. . . .
                          In volleyball terms I would've fist bumped you for the perfect set.

Comment

Would love to talk about 2017 Mules basketball, but the coach doesn't put out any information about recruits, transfers, etc. until almost the start of the season. We need somebody in or close to the program to leak some info. so we can hash it over. Come on coach throw us a bone once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                              Would love to talk about 2017 Mules basketball, but the coach doesn't put out any information about recruits, transfers, etc. until almost the start of the season. We need somebody in or close to the program to leak some info. so we can hash it over. Come on coach throw us a bone once in a while.
                              Don't have any info on who is coming in, but below are those who are out:
                              Graduation -- Wolf, Woodson (1 yr elig remaining; attending law school), Lawrence, O'Neil, Gabriel, Clay
                              Transfer -- Rice (Great Falls), Locke (Central Methodist), Reinmiller (Wash U, St.Louis), William (?)

Comment

[QUOTE=MoHoops;2068644]Don't have any info on who is coming in, but below are those who are out:
                                Graduation -- Wolf, Woodson (1 yr elig remaining; attending law school), Lawrence, O'Neil, Gabriel, Clay
                                Transfer -- Rice (Great Falls), Locke (Central Methodist), Reinmiller (Wash U, St.Louis), William (?)[/QUOTE

There's a definite disturbing pattern developing with the Mules basketball program. The coach recruits players, they stay for a year and then they bolt or they're forced out. What the hell is going on with coach Doug Karleskint. I wish we had some feedback from the departing players. How can you build a successful program with that kind of turnover. Mules fans are used to a stable and successful program and they're not going to tolerate this continued chaos.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X