Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mule BBall

Originally posted by MuleLove View Post
    Definitely a team of losers and the coaches should all be replaced. lol They win games, play hard, practice hard, study hard, stay out of squad cars, and make UCM look good. They thank there supporters when you run into them in town (Which makes businesses want to give more to UCM)

I am sure Mr Hughes is just itching to fire his basketball coach.
    Kim Anderson will soon be available to coach UCM again. He won't survive another year at Mizzou.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
      Kim Anderson will soon be available to coach UCM again. He won't survive another year at Mizzou.
      Just in time to be replaced by the next D2 National Championship coach from Missouri, Ben McCollum.

Comment

Originally posted by MoHoops View Post
        Tied for second feels pretty good. Need to not have letdown during next couple of weeks.
        Not tied for second feels even better. Go Mules!

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
          Just in time to be replaced by the next D2 National Championship coach from Missouri, Ben McCollum.
          I know you're kidding but will a major D1 conference school ever hire a D2 coach again? (Without a small/mid major stop in between.) I think it had been decades before Anderson and that didn't work out very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            I know you're kidding but will a major D1 conference school ever hire a D2 coach again? (Without a small/mid major stop in between.) I think it had been decades before Anderson and that didn't work out very well.
            Linc Darner, the coach of the 2014-15 D2 National Champion Florida Southern Moccasins, got hired at UW-Green Bay last year.

I would be surprised if McCollum doesn't at least get heavy interest. Especially if he goes undefeated this season.

Comment

never mind

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                Linc Darner, the coach of the 2014-15 D2 National Champion Florida Southern Moccasins, got hired at UW-Green Bay last year.

I would be surprised if McCollum doesn't at least get heavy interest. Especially if he goes undefeated this season.
                I'm an idiot. I just completely didn't read your post closely enough. Obviously I don't think UWGB is a "major D1" program.

My bad.

That being said, my understanding is part of the reason Anderson got hired at Missouri in the first place is because he was a bit of a living legend in the eyes of Tiger fans, wasn't he? So he had the whole "moon and stars aligned at just the right time" kind of thing between UCM winning the National Championship and his alma mater where he was beloved having an opening for a new head coach.

Short of another crazy situation like that unfolding, I, like you, see it as an increasingly slim likelihood that any coach makes the jump from D2 to major D1 anytime soon.

Comment

Given the various controversies and the state of the program when they were making the hire (including the threat of possible probation), I think MU knew they would have a hard time attracting a headline candidate. To have a person nearby who loved the program, was experienced, had a successful coaching record (as an assistant and at the D2 level), and was willing to help them rebuild was a blessing for them.

Not sure where they would have gone at that point if Coach Anderson had not taken the job. If they let him go, I hope that loyalty is repaid (whether in $$$ or otherwise).

Comment

Sorry for the babbling. Short answer -- without those crazy circumstances, I don't think it would have happened this time. Not likely to happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by MoHoops View Post
                      Sorry for the babbling. Short answer -- without those crazy circumstances, I don't think it would have happened this time. Not likely to happen again.
                      I got curious about UCM's history of sending coaches on to D1, since they've had so many. I had forgotten a couple actually had D1 experience before UCM: Nance went from Iowa State to Warrensburg, and Doucette had been at UNC-Asheville. Even Nance though had a mid-major job after leaving UCM before he got back to a Power 5 school.

Comment

Kim Anderson represented a link to Norm that the alumni wanted it was his dream job and he came cheap in comparison to established D1 coaches. Wished he would have done better for MU but wins didn't come but I think he has made strides in making it a better job than it was when he took it. On the plus side it would have took him about 15 years at UCM to make the money he has made in 3 at MU. that should help, selfishly I wished he would have stayed at UCM but who wouldn't take 5x times salary and move up hope Brad Loos will land on his feet.

Comment

Mules lose to Lincoln tonight 70-63 in overtime after leading by 10 with three minutes left. Unless win MIAA tournament this will be two years in a row missing the regional coach K teams have not held serve in the multi, this is not good. May still get second place in the conference if that floats your boat so be it but their has been a drastic downturn during his time at UCM.

Comment

Here we go again. . . . Just a reminder, Anderson's third year at UCM:

24-6 overall, 14-4 in conf, lost in first round of his first regional.

Is the sky really falling in the Burg. I am not so sure.

Comment

Just saying home court is not the advantage it should be if you are up 10 with three minutes left you are not supposed to lose. Also Anderson had to rebuild not the case with coach K. Second place in conference is not bad good for the Mules but Rockhurst, and Lincoln are games that should be won. Plus can't beat teams with good record consistently that is my point.

Comment

Fair enough. I would throw Hays in that list as well.

Empty possessions down the stretch have certainly cost them.

Multi crowd was dead last night. Don't understand it with the team on a 4-game home win streak and 9-1 at home on the season before last night. Reserved side is always a morgue, but the GA side also had no energy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X