Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mule BBall

Thanks MoHoops as a student in 1984 when Lynn Nance team won title and graduating when Wooldridge was coach then seeing success with Sundvold then going through a dry spell until Anderson was hired I just am disappointed to see the program slipping like it has the last two years I see 2 guys with size coming in next year and guards returning but just hate seeing that the Mules are not able to beat any conference team on a given night. Plus the home court advantage has taken a major hit used to be able to count on a win in the burg.

Comment

Originally posted by MoHoops View Post
      Different strokes. Building with four year players seems like more sustainable model than trying to win by taking on other people's problems (see NWMo).
      Sorry to besmirch your loving memory of Saint Kim, but he left your program in a lurch, just like Frank Haith did at Mizzou.
      If 3 D2 "final 4's" in his last 8 seasons and national championship in his last season is leaving the program in a lurch, I'll take it. I wish the Mules were still in that kind of lurch.

NCAA D2 Final 4's by current MIAA teams (* = Champion):

4 - Central MO (1984*,2007,2009,2014*)
      2 - Washburn (1994,2001)
      1 - Northeastern (2003* member of Lone Star)
      1 - Southern (2000)
      1 - Hays (1996* member of Rocky Mountain)

Comment

Different strokes. Building with four year players seems like more sustainable model than trying to win by taking on other people's problems (see NWMo).
        Sorry to besmirch your loving memory of Saint Kim, but he left your program in a lurch, just like Frank Haith did at Mizzou.
        This group of guys is playing better than their record shows. Even under Anderson, the Mules could not beat Hays at Hays. I am happy with the home loss against Northwest, the Bearcats are that good.

Something to remember is this team's GPA, these kids are going to actually get degrees. Wolf already has a job lined up after graduation. Unlike under Coach Anderson, you do not see the team's names in the police reports. I can remember reading a post on here after the Mules lost to Duke calling for Coach K to be fired. If the Mules where being blown out every week maybe his seat would be hot, but you are seeing this team get progressively better every game. Something to remember is the other teams in the MIAA have improved as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
          If 3 D2 "final 4's" in his last 8 seasons and national championship in his last season is leaving the program in a lurch, I'll take it. I wish the Mules were still in that kind of lurch.

NCAA D2 Final 4's by current MIAA teams (* = Champion):

4 - Central MO (1984*,2007,2009,2014*)
          2 - Washburn (1994,2001)
          1 - Northeastern (2003* member of Lone Star)
          1 - Southern (2000)
          1 - Hays (1996* member of Rocky Mountain)
          None during his first four years? People must have been more patient back then. What you lack in intellect, you certainly make up for with passion. I can respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
            Thanks MoHoops as a student in 1984 when Lynn Nance team won title and graduating when Wooldridge was coach then seeing success with Sundvold then going through a dry spell until Anderson was hired I just am disappointed to see the program slipping like it has the last two years I see 2 guys with size coming in next year and guards returning but just hate seeing that the Mules are not able to beat any conference team on a given night. Plus the home court advantage has taken a major hit used to be able to count on a win in the burg.
            I appreciate that and I hope they get back there soon. I like that he is adding good kids and looking to build a program with a solid foundation. Obviously, I am not a fan of the revolving door of transfers.

Comment

None during his first four years? People must have been more patient back then. What you lack in intellect, you certainly make up for with passion. I can respect that.
              Not more patient, just beaten down by the Don Doucette years. Doucette made the NCAA tournament his first season with Bob Sunvold's players and did not make again in his final 5 seasons. Kim lead the Mules back to the NCAA tourny in his 3rd season stopping a 7 year drought. In the almost 40 years I've been watching Mule's basketball, that's the only time they had gone more than 3 consecutive seasons without making the tournament.

If I lack intellect for not caring that the most nationally successful MIAA coach ever recruited mostly transfers, so be it. I don't care where the players come from, I just want to watch teams contend nationally. I hope Coach K can get the players to do that.

Comment

Randy you and I are on the same wavelength. You have the figures to back up what I was trying to convey. These next three games will go a long way to determine the direction this conference season will go. I also don't care if the players are freshmen or transfers as long as the team is successful and plays in the ncaa tournament .

Comment

Wolf was brought in by Anderson as a freshman.

Comment

Home record under coach K. 29-9. Home record for previous 9 years 138-11. Sounds like I'm beating a dead horse but facts are facts should have stayed at a high level after winning a championship instead of going down now not in top part of conference.

Comment

Watched the UCM/Lincoln game last night. Solid win for UCM in a jam-packed Jason Gym on the LU campus. It was hot, loud, and a tough environment with 1,300+ people crammed in.

Lowrance (#50) knocked down a couple of big baskets, including one from about 25-feet as the shot clock expired that put UCM up double-figures about midway through the second half. Lincoln made it tight in the end and actually got a pretty good look at the buzzer. Should be a good rematch in a few weeks.

Comment

Tied for second feels pretty good. Need to not have letdown during next couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleLove View Post
                          This group of guys is playing better than their record shows. Even under Anderson, the Mules could not beat Hays at Hays. I am happy with the home loss against Northwest, the Bearcats are that good.

Something to remember is this team's GPA, these kids are going to actually get degrees. Wolf already has a job lined up after graduation. Unlike under Coach Anderson, you do not see the team's names in the police reports. I can remember reading a post on here after the Mules lost to Duke calling for Coach K to be fired. If the Mules where being blown out every week maybe his seat would be hot, but you are seeing this team get progressively better every game. Something to remember is the other teams in the MIAA have improved as well.
                          Irrespective of our conversation here, the point is a good one. Wolf and Gabriel have jobs waiting for them. Woodson wants to go to law school. Lowrance, Reaves, O'Neil, and Reinmiller are honors students. If anyone saw the group of players spending time on the court after the MoWest game with a pack of cub scouts, definitely seems like a good group of kids that Mule fans can be proud of.
                          Last edited by MoHoops; 01-20-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Irrespective of our conversation here, the point is a good one. Wolf and Gabriel have jobs waiting for them. Woodson wants to go to law school. Lowrance, Reaves, O'Neil, and Reinmiller are honors students. If anyone saw the group of players spending time on the court after the MoWest game with a pack of cub scouts, definitely seems like a good group of kids that Mule fans can be proud of.
                            Definitely a team of losers and the coaches should all be replaced. lol They win games, play hard, practice hard, study hard, stay out of squad cars, and make UCM look good. They thank there supporters when you run into them in town (Which makes businesses want to give more to UCM)

I am sure Mr Hughes is just itching to fire his basketball coach.

Comment

Tied for second feels pretty good. Need to not have letdown during next couple of weeks.

Yes it does.
                              Signed - UNK, UCO, ESU, UCM on Feb. 20

Even with that snarky response, I think UCM is positioned better than the other three teams tied right now. Using the Ole Moe Standings the Mules are +2 right now while ESU is sitting at +1 and UNK and UCO are both even in the home/road/loss/win categories.
                              Last edited by Hornetfan; 01-20-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleLove View Post
                                Definitely a team of losers and the coaches should all be replaced. lol They win games, play hard, practice hard, study hard, stay out of squad cars, and make UCM look good. They thank there supporters when you run into them in town (Which makes businesses want to give more to UCM)

I am sure Mr Hughes is just itching to fire his basketball coach.
                                :-)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X