Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mule BBall

Weird scheduling that UCM and NWMo last played on January 12th. Both teams have come a long way since then.

Should be a fun game tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see if NW having a seven man rotation versus UCM 11 man rotation will pay dividends for the Mules in tournament play.

Comment

Originally posted by MoHoops View Post
      Weird scheduling that UCM and NWMo last played on January 12th. Both teams have come a long way since then.

Should be a fun game tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see if NW having a seven man rotation versus UCM 11 man rotation will pay dividends for the Mules in tournament play.
      If you're implying that NWMSU might ever get tired, you should know there are several MIAA fans on here who will promptly inform you that the Bearcats have never been tired and will never be affected by things like fatigue or time or anything of the sort.

Comment

hopefully back to an 8 man rotation by tomorrow or at least next Sat. Xav suited up today for the first time since the game before we went to Joplin but he didn't play.

Comment

The Mules have 10 guys averaging 10 minutes a game but only played 8 today before mop up time. Woodson, Smith and Lowrance were the only subs to play more than 1 minute.

Comment

Other than Duane Thomas, any ideas who the Mules transfers will be this year? With only two freshmen coming in they have a lot of bench to fill.

Comment

Other than Duane Thomas, any ideas who the Mules transfers will be this year? With only two freshmen coming in they have a lot of bench to fill.
              They need to pickup another PG for depth. They picked up PG Spillman as a transfer from Eastern Kentucky who was a big time HS player and a freshmen PG out of STL.

Comment

I assume the starting five is Reaves, Richardson, Lowrance, Smith, and Spellman. After that, there is not much in the way of experience. Another big with some time on the court would sure help. Not sure Duane Clark (not Thomas) is the immediate answer at that spot. Maybe Emmert will surprise as a freshman.
                Last edited by MoHoops; 07-26-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I assume the starting five is Reaves, Richardson, Lowrance, Smith, and Spellman. After that, there is not much in the way of experience. Another big with some time on the court would sure help. Not sure Duane Clark (not Thomas) is the immediate answer at that spot. Maybe Emmert will surprise as a freshman.
                  Spellman will be a solidifying ball handler that the Mules lacked early in the year. He'll be a better 3 pt shooter than Locke and will also play better defense. I think this squad has potential to get back to the national tourney. We just need to figure out that whole Justin Pitts problem...

Comment

Originally posted by FightnMulz View Post
                    Spellman will be a solidifying ball handler that the Mules lacked early in the year. He'll be a better 3 pt shooter than Locke and will also play better defense. I think this squad has potential to get back to the national tourney. We just need to figure out that whole Justin Pitts problem...
                    I bet Mike Krzyzewski is having the same conversation with his staff.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      I bet Mike Krzyzewski is having the same conversation with his staff.
                      Oh yeah... big stage for Pitts to up his stock vs the big boys. I'll probably pay to watch this game.

Comment

Originally posted by FightnMulz View Post
                        Our coaches run all over hell (Arkansas) looking for good players and yet miss a guy that's just down the road. Pitts played at Blue Springs South and that can't be more than 40 minutes away. Northwest plucks THE BIG ONE in our backyard. Our coaches have no excuse for letting Pitts get away.

Comment

That was Coach Anderson's decision. Pre-dated the current coaching staff.
                          Even Northwest only offered him a partial scholarship. He came from well off the radar.
                          Last edited by MoHoops; 07-29-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't realize that Pitts came along during Kim's tenure. Considering how good Pitts was as a freshman at NW, it's incredible that he was flying under everyone's radar as a high school senior. Could he have improved that much in one year? I'll have to see if I can look up his high school stats. He just had to be a scoring machine at Blue Springs South.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                              Thanks, I didn't realize that Pitts came along during Kim's tenure. Considering how good Pitts was as a freshman at NW, it's incredible that he was flying under everyone's radar as a high school senior. Could he have improved that much in one year? I'll have to see if I can look up his high school stats. He just had to be a scoring machine at Blue Springs South.
                              Played with Kevin Puryear who was the state high school player of the year. That team won the state championship. Puryear was the Missouri player of the year and was starting as a freshman at MU. Pitts is a year ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
                                Played with Kevin Puryear who was the state high school player of the year. That team won the state championship. Puryear was the Missouri player of the year and was starting as a freshman at MU. Pitts is a year ahead of him.
                                Pitts averaged something like 17 points and 7 steals his senior year. Puryear was a sophomore that year and wasn't quite a "stud" yet. I believe Kyle Wolf and Rockhust beat them in the quarterfinals of state that year. I think Pitts had a decent amount of interest at our level, but his size was a concern and the reason that only a few offered partial scholarships.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X