Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

Has he interviewed for any D1 jobs since the National Championship?

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
      It is being mentioned in the kc star that current Northwest coach is a possibility
      Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      Has he interviewed for any D1 jobs since the National Championship?
      From everything I know, that's not the type of opportunity he would be interested in and he has turned down opportunities at better programs because they didn't fit with what he is looking for (not sure on interviews explicitly or just interview requests). If the right opportunity/program came calling then I'm sure he would look very seriously at the offer. I don't see UMKC being that type of opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
        From everything I know, that's not the type of opportunity he would be interested in and he has turned down opportunities at better programs because they didn't fit with what he is looking for (not sure on interviews explicitly or just interview requests). If the right opportunity/program came calling then I'm sure he would look very seriously at the offer. I don't see UMKC being that type of opportunity.
        Fair, assessment. It is basically where coaches go to get fired but the right guy with the right ties, ie Adidas $$$$. or that knows the same people as the LSU coach might be able to win.

Comment

Isn't the most popular sport at UMKC a fake football team?

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
            Fair, assessment. It is basically where coaches go to get fired but the right guy with the right ties, ie Adidas $$$$. or that knows the same people as the LSU coach might be able to win.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I would anticipate UMKC going back to the Summit League in the near future if the opportunity presents itself. New Mexico St has been to 7 of the last 8 NCAA Tourneys and produced a legit NBA stud in Pascal Siakam so that program is far from garbage.

Comment

UMKC is a worse job than a lot of the MIAA. They had a shot a few years ago with Martez Harrison but then he got kicked off the team and that basically was the end of any hope Kareem had. If they moved back to the Summit League and recruited the KC Metro area better, then I think the program could be more successful.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
                  I would think NW would make it pretty tough to leave;
                  I don't think it will be all that tough to leave. It's gonna take a helluva pay raise, above Wright and promise of facility upgrade similar or better than what MT got if mid-major comes knocking on door. I know nostalgic people love Bearcat Arena, but it sucks. It's almost Rickenbrode bad compared to what's out there.
                  Last edited by CatFan88; 03-20-2019, 06:38 PM.
                  Go Hounds!
                  B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                  Cyclone Power
                  ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                    I don't think it will be all that tough to leave. It's gonna take a helluva pay raise, above Wright and promise of facility upgrade similar or better than what MT got if mid-major comes knocking on door. I know nostalgic people love Bearcat Arena, but it sucks. It's almost Rickenbrode bad compared to what's out there.
                    We both know that there are other means other than a salary increase to sweeten the pot.

In terms of renovating Bearcat arena.....

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
                      We both know that there are other means other than a salary increase to sweeten the pot.

In terms of renovating Bearcat arena.....
                      Absolutely. Difference? He's young and proving himself. Much like A.D. and look at what he's doing at ACU in football. Coaching is a game driven by success. And Ben is moving up fast.
                      Go Hounds!
                      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                      Cyclone Power
                      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                        Absolutely. Difference? He's young and proving himself. Much like A.D. and look at what he's doing at ACU in football. Coaching is a game driven by success. And Ben is moving up fast.

Comment

I win PB tonight...no prob. LOL
                          Go Hounds!
                          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                          Cyclone Power
                          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Comment

I know that their isn't much talk about women's basketball in these posts but Missouri Western's Rob Edmisson is stepping down.

http://www.newspressnow.com/sports/w...6db4f8d4a.html

Comment

Mocking Grand Canyon University & their men's basketball program (calling them Grand Canyon Tech) is without merit. Dan Majerle is an outstanding coach and has created an elite environment rivaling the WAC of old. According to Andrew Joseph of USA Today, "GCU created college basketball's rowdiest secret with stunning quickness. ... home to possibly the best student section in college basketball. Duke has the Cameron Crazies. Kansas has the Phog. GCU has the Havocs."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X