Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

Doty wouldn't be a head coach at Emporia right now if the Hornets followed his advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      100% this.

Doty's tweets are super extra, a sampling:

-he claimed LeBron James "refuses to be coached" despite never coaching him and said an NBA team is not good enough with him as their #1 option
      -claimed that assistants being promoted when the head coach takes a different job should be the norm at all levels
      Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      Well yeah, it's kind of been commonplace for anyone who has a thought on Lebron for quite some time now. Also, even I tweet an opinion on Twitter, kind of what it is for. Doesnt mean I am an expert.

The assistant coach thing I can understand if you have a solid one and want to maybe keep from a big turnover on roster, but being an assistant doesnt mean you are qualified to be the head coach...THAT I can attest to, haha
      Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
      Doty wouldn't be a head coach at Emporia right now if the Hornets followed his advice.
      Here is the actual tweet:
      https://twitter.com/CoachDoty/status...79447300583426
      And here is the actual text of it:
      "Multiple NCAA Division I assistants were named head coaches today after their boss left for upgraded jobs at different schools. This needs to become the norm, at all levels, in all sports. When success is high, continuity is the answer."
      The key part is "...when success is high, continuity is the answer." Safe to say success was not high with the Hornets when Coach V left. ESU was DFL in the MIAA and had not made it to the quarterfinals of the MIAA tournament since 2014.
      I think that if you are a successful program you need to look at what has made you successful and see if you feel if any of the assistants on staff can continue &/or build on that. But if you're losing you probably need to hit the restart button.

And the thing is, I feel there are only a handful of coaches that can be really successful no matter where they go. A lot of it has to do with the culture and resources of the school as much as anything. Don Doucette won a national championship at UMass-Lowell that, when he was hired, was one of the worst jobs in the country, but couldn't find success at Central Missouri one of the most resource rich schools in the nation.

Comment

Doty is a self promoter. He will bolt ESU if he gets any shot to do so. He thinks he is going to turn anything he touches into gold. I don't buy it. But he is good a promoting himself and program like i said. Lets see what he does but if i am in the MIAA I am not worried he is coaching in the league. If anything enjoy and embrace the circus!

Comment

Upper Iowa hires a new women's coach: https://uiupeacocks.com/news/2019/4/...all-coach.aspx

Don't know much about him, seems to have some good experience as an assistant coach at D1 level and a couple of years as head coach in D3.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
            Upper Iowa hires a new women's coach: https://uiupeacocks.com/news/2019/4/...all-coach.aspx

Don't know much about him, seems to have some good experience as an assistant coach at D1 level and a couple of years as head coach in D3.
            Hopefully he can do something. Back to back 0-22 conference seasons are about as bad as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              Hopefully he can do something. Back to back 0-22 conference seasons are about as bad as it gets.
              Yep - only way is up, been brutal to watch the last few years, just not competing at all.

Comment

Is Kim's loyal assistant, Jon Gilliam, no longer on the Pitt State coaching staff? I heard the Hot Head wasn't allowed at the enshrinement for the National Championship team.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleLove View Post
                  Is Kim's loyal assistant, Jon Gilliam, no longer on the Pitt State coaching staff? I heard the Hot Head wasn't allowed at the enshrinement for the National Championship team.
                  He must be gone. He's not listed as a coach on the PSU basketball website. Any idea what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                    He must be gone. He's not listed as a coach on the PSU basketball website. Any idea what happened?
                    Not sure if you're joking or not but it's pretty well known he allegedly used a racial slur towards a UCM assistant and had been suspended pending an investigation. I read he was resigning on his own but....

Comment

• Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                      Not sure if you're joking or not but it's pretty well known he allegedly used a racial slur towards a UCM assistant and had been suspended pending an investigation. I read he was resigning on his own but....
                      No, I was not aware of that incident.

Comment

Jory Collins, former Emporia coach, named as head WBB coach at NDSU.

https://gobison.com/news/2019/4/29/j...ead-coach.aspx

Comment

North Dakota job is open. Any rumor on who might get it?

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
                            North Dakota job is open. Any rumor on who might get it?
                            Sean Miller, Tim Miles, Matt Margenthaler, Greg Stemen and Laker

Comment

Who would feed the cats?

Comment

You forgot Phil Jackson....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X