Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    Mocking Grand Canyon University & their men's basketball program (calling them Grand Canyon Tech) is without merit. Dan Majerle is an outstanding coach and has created an elite environment rivaling the WAC of old. According to Andrew Joseph of USA Today, "GCU created college basketball's rowdiest secret with stunning quickness. ... home to possibly the best student section in college basketball. Duke has the Cameron Crazies. Kansas has the Phog. GCU has the Havocs."
    the bolded is as asinine a comparison as a human being could conceivably dream up - to the extent that you (or anyone else) either took it at face value or expect me or anyone else to is laughable.

that said the comment wasn't really personal to grand canyon but rather used to illustrate the fact that umkc's inability to compete is driven by internal issues as opposed to the league they're in & the job represents a real opportunity for relative success for a coach that knows what he's doing. to the extent that it rustled your (apparently?) delicate sensibilities is unfortunate & not intended.
    Last edited by northwest missouri state; 03-22-2019, 03:22 PM.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      I would anticipate UMKC going back to the Summit League in the near future if the opportunity presents itself. New Mexico St has been to 7 of the last 8 NCAA Tourneys and produced a legit NBA stud in Pascal Siakam so that program is far from garbage.
      it's all relative in conv's like this. for the time being they are the biggest fish in a small pond - a pond that is small enough that umkc should be able to swim in it.
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
        Mocking Grand Canyon University & their men's basketball program (calling them Grand Canyon Tech) is without merit. Dan Majerle is an outstanding coach and has created an elite environment rivaling the WAC of old. According to Andrew Joseph of USA Today, "GCU created college basketball's rowdiest secret with stunning quickness. ... home to possibly the best student section in college basketball. Duke has the Cameron Crazies. Kansas has the Phog. GCU has the Havocs."

QUOTE=northwest missouri state;2367149]the bolded is as asinine a comparison as a human being could conceivably dream up - to the extent that you (or anyone else) either took it at face value or expect me or anyone else to is laughable.

that said the comment wasn't really personal to grand canyon but rather used to illustrate the fact that umkc's inability to compete is driven by internal issues as opposed to the league they're in & the job represents a real opportunity for relative success for a coach that knows what he's doing. to the extent that it rustled your (apparently?) delicate sensibilities is unfortunate & not intended.[/QUOTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVYDSnBMQoohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYCAjtnt69c

GCU vrs Chicago State Basketball Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce3ciMiOwzg

Comment

the Havocs at GCU are legit ... simply an awesome atmosphere ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7zrIUMk-nM

Comment

Verbal commits has 8-9 players leaving UMKC if I was a MIAA coach I'd be in contact.

Comment

Last time Mssu got a Umkc transfer they went to the final four ...

Comment

^^Just discovered the internets^^

Comment

With TJ leaving (likely) South Dakota State, the rumors have begun for the next HC

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    With TJ leaving (likely) South Dakota State, the rumors have begun for the next HC
                    Hello Tim Miles...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      Hello Tim Miles...
                      Yeah, that is one. I, personally, do not see that happening. But, maybe he doesn't mind making 1/6th of what he just made. Money isnt everything, but its certainly something.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                        Hello Tim Miles...
                        If I was him I'd take that job in a second. He needs to coach. If not this year, next year if he wants to recharge.

Comment

UMKC hires Billy Donlon was head coach at Wright State for 6 years got canned and has been an assistant at Michigan and Northwestern since.. Don't really have an opinion on him but he needs to get a few of the local players and mine the JR. College scene.

Comment

idk anything about him but if he failed at wright st i'd be skeptical. the upshot is that he's young so perhaps he's learned from that & is ready to succeed someplace now.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                              I heard Sundance Wicks, Craig Doty are names being thrown around. My Eisner will put his name in the hat. Anything to move him out of WSU would be great. Mount Mary is open as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
                                I heard Sundance Wicks, Craig Doty are names being thrown around. My Eisner will put his name in the hat. Anything to move him out of WSU would be great. Mount Mary is open as well.
                                Sunny has some D1 experience but I cannot imagine that is even a remote possible. None of those guys will even get looked at.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X